Welcome to KnifeDogs

A Family Friendly Knife Oriented Community Founded For Knifemakers, Collectors, & Enthusiasts.

•  » Forums for individual knife dealers.
  •  » Forums for businesses supporting the knife industry.
  •  » Knife makers individual forums for visiting, support and sales.
  •  » Forums for knives.

...then you have come to the right place!

we will try to help you with your problem.

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Forged in Fire Season 4

James, you're right on the snack and recharging. While the judges were commenting about you wasting time snacking, I was thinking "smart move". The heat with those forges turned toward each other has to be HOT!!! Glad to hear Jesse is OK, my first thought was just heat, but when he says chest pressure I got VERY concerned. Lots of history with cardiac issues.

I had often wondered if you could have a ruler to keep check on lengths as often as folks miss specs. I KNOW it's easy to miss things under the pressure ya'll have.

GREAT job to all contestants -

Ken H>

I think I called this in the other thread. Great job James congratulations

This is seriously the best part of the episode. I laugh to the point of tears every time. I had forgotten I did this until I saw it on international television.

What got left out was after I took a bite of watermelon and said this, I followed up with, "...and sharpening oil."

James Helm - Proud to be a Neo-Tribal Metalsmith scavenging the wreckage of civilization!

Helm Enterprises, Forging Division - www.helmforge.com

Helm Enterprises, Grinding Division - www.helmgrind.com

A collaboration with Wasteland Leatherwork: The Wasteland Crow Project

I turned on the History Ch last night and guess what was on. Good work James. I was shocked the other guys blade would not cut that heavy bag. Did you get to keep yours?

Thank you! I answer your question in the video below.

This is the last of my FiF stuff. It's dominated my week, but now I need to get back to working on Blade Show inventory.

A washed-out look at the push knives I did for the first challenge. They can actually be seen better in the reflections.

The katzbalger in its hideous glory:

My second take on the guard. Didn't like how the first one fit, so abandoned it before I finished out the quillions.

And my second take on the handle since I ground through the side into the channel for the tang on the last day. So many things had to be done several times on this that I named it "der doppleschwert". The pommel was forged from a piece of pipe with the end cap oxy/acetylene welded on. The TeroTuf of the handle fits down into the pommel and the flared tube rivet goes through pommel, TeroTuf, and tang.

And finally, a YouTube video featuring myself and fellow FiF champion Tobin Nieto (season 2, episode 8, Cutlass) reflecting on the show, our experiences with it, and answering common questions and criticisms. It's as long as an episode of FiF, but I think it's both entertaining and informative.

James Helm - Proud to be a Neo-Tribal Metalsmith scavenging the wreckage of civilization!

Helm Enterprises, Forging Division - www.helmforge.com

Helm Enterprises, Grinding Division - www.helmgrind.com

A collaboration with Wasteland Leatherwork: The Wasteland Crow Project

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12