Welcome to KnifeDogs

A Family Friendly Knife Oriented Community Founded For Knifemakers, Collectors, & Enthusiasts.

•  » Forums for individual knife dealers.
  •  » Forums for businesses supporting the knife industry.
  •  » Knife makers individual forums for visiting, support and sales.
  •  » Forums for knives.

...then you have come to the right place!

we will try to help you with your problem.

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Setting your grinder to the proper height...FOR YOU- a short video

I see another newb error I am commiting. Grinders to tall an I am reaching out a bit.
    I felt all confident and puffed up cause I had managed to get it figured out to sway not totate because near the end of the rotation you lift about an inch or so. Bye bye tip.
    Now to go reset the bench and grinder height. 😲
    As for the timing or oh craps on a blade it is when I resort to the honey dos, or my other projects due to owning a home. Lol
    Some days though a lil cordite therapy is in order to get rid of Mr Murphy. If my 6 yo has any say its may become fishing too. She is ready to start catching trout. Lol

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by wall e; 03-29-2017 at 07:35 PM.
    Walt 😆

Thanks Ed. This video explains some issues I've had in the past. Since I'm setting up a new shop, I can now build my benches to the correct height.

A timely issue for me as I am a new knife maker setting up my shop. I set all my benches too low on purpose so I could adjust the height of my tools as needed. I can try different heights by unbolting and adding material under the tool or removing it as my body tells me. Well done.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12