Welcome to KnifeDogs

A Family Friendly Knife Oriented Community Founded For Knifemakers, Collectors, & Enthusiasts.

•  » Forums for individual knife dealers.
  •  » Forums for businesses supporting the knife industry.
  •  » Knife makers individual forums for visiting, support and sales.
  •  » Forums for knives.

...then you have come to the right place!

we will try to help you with your problem.

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A new experience for Tim (my son)

A new experience for Tim (my son)

Not knife related, but this past weekend my son Tim and I helped a rancher friend out with branding. This was Tim's first experience with branding, so he made a video documenting the experience.....and he did an AWESOME job of not only the branding experience, but the video too!

Just a heads up to those who see this.... later this summer Tim is going to be reshooting all of my DVD videos, and offering them not only on DVD, but on USB drives as well. In addition, we're planning a lot more short, task specific videos that will be available online. Depending on how things go, we may be starting an entire website dedicated to knifemaking "How to".

To see all of the videos Tim has put together on the journey from Florida to Montana........

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC6O...1bZZeWogCuJjaA
    Last edited by EdCaffreyMS; 03-20-2017 at 03:24 PM.

www.caffreyknives.net
    Caffreyknives@Gmail.com

"Nobody cares what you know.....until they know you care."
    Visit me at Table 2Q at the Blade Show!

Great video Ed. Branding is one of my favorite times of year. They look cute but their not poop and pee everywhere. Haha.
    Your friend starts calving early in the year.
    Ty Adams

Ed my wife and I just watched the last video of your families journey to Montana. Glad that they made it safe and sound. Welcome to the great white North.

Last edited by Ty Adams; 03-20-2017 at 07:42 PM.
    Ty Adams

It was a grand adventure for them..... of course my daughter grew up here, but after having spent the last 3+ years in Florida, she'd forgotten a bit of it. Tim hasn't been in snow since he was a little guy, so it was totally new to him... but he handled himself wonderfully.

www.caffreyknives.net
    Caffreyknives@Gmail.com

Nice video. Your son seems a very nice person.

We help with brandings every other year or so. I love it. It gets me out of the shop and I love critters. I got invited to one this weekend but can't make it...taking a bunch of our town kids to a youth retreat in Augusta.
    Thanks,
    Smallshop (AKA Ted Hauser)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

God puts the iron in the ground and the highlights in the wood....it's His stuff, we just get to work with it....make it nice.

Tim does a really good job of editing and putting together a video - good job. Looking forward to the new website and videos.

Ken..... that's his passion.... doing video, and he is good at it. As a Dad, I'm hoping that once we have my videos redone, folks will realize how good he is, and maybe he can go "on the road" filming videos for people. He actually just got a job this morning as a Media Manager for one of our local businesses.

www.caffreyknives.net
    Caffreyknives@Gmail.com

Great video Ed!

Fun video Ed. Good to see Mandi pop in. You folks do great things with your video reshoots and get your son in law introduced to the knife community. What a terrific learning resource to pick up again, and legacy opportunity for talented blade smiths. Say a quick hello to the gang.

Take care, Craig

Will do Craig! I'm gona try to have Blade ready for waterfowl this coming season......but am sure it will be a "training" season for him........ HINT HINT!

www.caffreyknives.net
    Caffreyknives@Gmail.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast