Welcome to KnifeDogs

A Family Friendly Knife Oriented Community Founded For Knifemakers, Collectors, & Enthusiasts.

•  » Forums for individual knife dealers.
  •  » Forums for businesses supporting the knife industry.
  •  » Knife makers individual forums for visiting, support and sales.
  •  » Forums for knives.

...then you have come to the right place!

we will try to help you with your problem.

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My Buyer Bailed

My Buyer Bailed

This is one of the reasons I don't take orders. A friend got me to take this order from a friend of his. 1/2 up front and 1/2 on completion. Well it's completed and he hasn't got the money. It was one of those, "Well, I'll take it if I have to but go ahead and sell it if you can. And, oh, by the way, if you do sell it can I have half my down payment back?" Don't think so, pardner, and, in the mean time, you better be coming up with the money. Anyway, it's not a bad knife so if you want it PM me. Here are the specs:

Blade material: CPM- 154 Stainless Steel Guard: None
    Blade Treatment: None Butt Plate: African Black Wood
    Blade Finish:Hand Sanded 400 grit Matt Finish Handle Length: 4 5/8”

Blade Hardness: 59 ( Rockwell “C” hardness Scale) Handle Spacer:None
    OAL: 10” Handle Liner: African Black Wood
    Blade Length: 5 1/4” Handle Material: Wych Elm Burl
    Blade Width at Plunge Line: 1 5/8” Handle Pins:Stainless Steel
    Blade thickness at Plunge Line: 5/32" Handle Finish: Danish Oil, Buffed and Waxed

Tang Treatment:Fill Tang Sheath: Hand Stitched Vegetable tanned cow hide
    IMG_3342.jpgIMG_3343.jpgIMG_3345.jpgIMG_3346.jpgIMG_3347.jpg

Thanks,

Wallace
    Last edited by wmhammond; 02-03-2017 at 05:05 PM.

That's really nice work. I've been burned in the same manner and have gotten to the point that all "orders" are paid in full up front and there's a $100 minimum fee for cancelled orders. I tell all people that rule and if they don't like it they can walk. Pieces generally sell no matter what, but when you design something for a certain person it's quite insulting when they flake.

Good luck on the sell. If I had the money, I'd love to buy it just to see another great maker's work in person.
    Steve S.
    www.LobosStyle.com
    www.facebook.com/LobosStyleBlades77

"Imagination is more important than knowledge . For knowledge is limited to all we now know and understand, while imagination embraces the entire world, and all there ever will be to know and understand." ~Albert Einstein

Thanks for the kind words. As often happens in a world created by God, this cloud had a silver lining. Sold it for more than the original price so I paid back by putting the guys down payment in the plate this Sunday. Told the guy so he could feel good about himself but I don't think he did. .

Wallace

Well, it sounds like you made out and the original down will go to a great purpose. Perhaps that good deed from you will be returned 10 fold. I have to say that it lifted my heart to hear what you did with it and that you are a much better man than I. I'd have used it to buy more steel
    Steve S.
    www.LobosStyle.com
    www.facebook.com/LobosStyleBlades77

"Imagination is more important than knowledge . For knowledge is limited to all we now know and understand, while imagination embraces the entire world, and all there ever will be to know and understand." ~Albert Einstein

That's a really nice knife. PM me with the balance due if you want to sell it for that amt. Paypal ready...
    Don't take life too seriously-----you'll never live through it.

it's not a bad knife
    That's the understatement of the year! That's a GREAT looking knife. I do like the lines, and if you don't mind I'd like to save a photo and perhaps make a very similar knife with those lines.

Ken H>

Wallace....Classic story!!!

Glad it worked out well.
    Thanks,
    Smallshop (AKA Ted Hauser)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

God puts the iron in the ground and the highlights in the wood....it's His stuff, we just get to work with it....make it nice.

Quote Originally Posted by KenH View Post
    That's the understatement of the year! That's a GREAT looking knife. I do like the lines, and if you don't mind I'd like to save a photo and perhaps make a very similar knife with those lines.

Ken H>
    Be my guest. Thank Gahagan for the blade shape and me for the handle design but I'm sure somebody has made it before. Nothing new on this earth. Thanks,

Wallace

Quote Originally Posted by smithy View Post
    That's a really nice knife. PM me with the balance due if you want to sell it for that amt. Paypal ready...
    Sorry Smithy, it sold. See below. Thanks,

Wallace

Wallace, God works in mysterious ways, That is a great job on that knife. Dan

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast