Welcome to KnifeDogs

A Family Friendly Knife Oriented Community Founded For Knifemakers, Collectors, & Enthusiasts.

•  » Forums for individual knife dealers.
  •  » Forums for businesses supporting the knife industry.
  •  » Knife makers individual forums for visiting, support and sales.
  •  » Forums for knives.

...then you have come to the right place!

we will try to help you with your problem.

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!

Thread: Help ID'ing old folder

Help ID'ing old folder

Hello all, My brother found this folder in his Mother In Law's house while cleaning up after she moved out. He's sure it belonged to his FIL before he past away 25-30 yrs ago. This photos are not that great, had to take them in restaurant using Iphone camera. I'd sure appreciate any comments as to origin, maker, how old it could be, etc. Brother feels it might be from his FIL's WWII days. There is no expectation it's valuable, but an idea would be nice.

IMG_2015.jpg IMG_2016.jpg IMG_2017.jpg

IMG_2018.jpg IMG_2019.jpg

Thank ya'll for any suggestions or comments.

Ken H>

Ken
    Thats a cool old knife. I've seen them before but know nothing of the value of age. He's lucky to have it.
    Member,THE KNIFEMAKERS GUILD since 2009
    Please visit my website www.calvinrobinsonknives.com

Yep Calvin - that's what I thought "Cool knife, but don't know anything about it". Thanks for the input, just hoping somebody might have seen one or something.

KenH>

I have seen some "hobo knives" as they were called by some like that. I had one when I was a kid but in moving and deploying it got lost.
    I'm just repeating the name I have heard/read them called. There is an actual name for sure but they were the original survival knife. Knife,fork,spoon,can/bottle opener,scissors, and a saw. The american version of a swiss army knife
    Walt 😆

I had one exactly like that when I was about 13, which would have been 1967. The one I bought came with a small hatchet a canteen with belt webbing and canvas holsters for all of the items. If I remember correctly, I got it through a mail-order ad in the back of Popular Mechanics.

If there's a small, like 1/4 lb head, axe and an old style aluminum canteen around that would be part of the set.

Thanks Walt and DropPoint for your comments. That's about what I was thinking the knife was, just an old "boy scout" type knife that minic'd Swiss Army knives. HoBo Knife is a good name for it.

Thanks again,

Ken H>