Welcome to KnifeDogs

A Family Friendly Knife Oriented Community Founded For Knifemakers, Collectors, & Enthusiasts.

•  » Forums for individual knife dealers.
  •  » Forums for businesses supporting the knife industry.
  •  » Knife makers individual forums for visiting, support and sales.
  •  » Forums for knives.

...then you have come to the right place!

we will try to help you with your problem.

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New anvil

New anvil

Looking for a "new" anvil actually I would prefer a Fisher Norris Eagle or Peter wright but. I'm open to other vintage/antique anvils I have new anvils I would like a functional piece of history though anybody know where I can get one???

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

I'm assuming you mean new to you. The best way to find a good anvil these days is to do a patient search.... meaning to look, and look, and look, until you find something that you like. Also, you can't be afraid to travel a bit...or likely you'll spend a wad of cash on shipping. Spreading the word (like you're doing here) as far and wide as possible will help make the search easier, but it still requires patience.

A friend of mine just drove from MT to WA. state and brought home a brand new Nimba..... nice anvil. I'll keep an eye out for you, and will let you know if I find anything.

www.caffreyknives.net
    Caffreyknives@Gmail.com

"Nobody cares what you know.....until they know you care."
    Visit me at Table 2Q at the Blade Show!

Let everyone you can think of know that you are looking for an anvil. You would be surprised were people find them. A friend of mine found me a #126 Hay Budden for $90 in 1 week.

Ty Adams

Check your local auction house , I live in a rural farm community and I keep an eye on the farm auctions,

Knowing what state you live in would help. Your profile does not say.

Quote Originally Posted by springer82 View Post
    Knowing what state you live in would help. Your profile does not say.
    or province.....

My shops in Kentucky

Quote Originally Posted by Ruger4 View Post
    or province.....
    There's one in every bunch!!! SORRY lol,,,

Quote Originally Posted by jakehorst2 View Post
    My shops in Kentucky

Well your not next door. I would think in your area with all the mining in the past you would be able to find some very fine old anvils. I enjoy hitting the flea markets and such. My problem is they are being sold as antiques. $$$$$$$ Just a rusty broken up pile of junk going for a very high price. I would like to know for myself what is a fare price. These days in many cases it does not go past,,, whatever the market will bear!

Quote Originally Posted by springer82 View Post
    There's one in every bunch!!! SORRY lol,,,

Well your not next door. I would think in your area with all the mining in the past you would be able to find some very fine old anvils. I enjoy hitting the flea markets and such. My problem is they are being sold as antiques. $$$$$$$ Just a rusty broken up pile of junk going for a very high price. I would like to know for myself what is a fare price. These days in many cases it does not go past,,, whatever the market will bear!
    Just found a 235 lb peter wright for $475 it's in good condition little to no restoration need to be usable good price or not?????

JW

From what I have seen that is not to bad. Enjoy your new toy.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast