Welcome to KnifeDogs

A Family Friendly Knife Oriented Community Founded For Knifemakers, Collectors, & Enthusiasts.

•  » Forums for individual knife dealers.
  •  » Forums for businesses supporting the knife industry.
  •  » Knife makers individual forums for visiting, support and sales.
  •  » Forums for knives.

...then you have come to the right place!

we will try to help you with your problem.

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: My latest sword project

Amazing work, great write up, and I got to see a few more pictures of your Bradley hanging out in the background! The Brazil Nut pommel and simple but elegant cross bring the whole thing together with a really clean, functional look. While I haven't attempted any amazing looking scabbards like that, I shall file away bookbinding leather in my head for if the time comes. I never would of thought to look to that industry.

-Morgan

Thank you for sharing, Kevin. That's a beautiful sword, even in "workhorse" configuration! I'm curious about the final weight and point of balance?

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn Hatcher View Post
    Thank you for sharing, Kevin. That's a beautiful sword, even in "workhorse" configuration! I'm curious about the final weight and point of balance?
    Here are the specs- blade32 of L6.Overall length 38.Overall weight: 1135 Grams.Balance point: 5.78 in front of guard.Center of mass of "sweet spot" 20 in front of guard

Quote Originally Posted by CMS3900 View Post
    Amazing work, great write up, and I got to see a few more pictures of your Bradley hanging out in the background! The Brazil Nut pommel and simple but elegant cross bring the whole thing together with a really clean, functional look. While I haven't attempted any amazing looking scabbards like that, I shall file away bookbinding leather in my head for if the time comes. I never would of thought to look to that industry.

-Morgan
    Yes, my Bradley is like a second wife, almost as reliable as the first one, except I cannot go to the shop for some time away from the Bradley.

Quote Originally Posted by jaxxas View Post
    Great looking sword and awesome craftsmanship! Did they do any steel composition analysis on the original sword?
    Not that I know of, this sword is such a great piece that it would be a crime to take "samples" as they can with more degraded artifacts. The original does have a break and brazed repair, no doubt done a long time ago as modern conservation efforts would not allow such an action, that would have been the time to take any samples if they could have foreseen future analysis methods.

Excellent thread Kevin. Your skills and knowledge are incredible and they served you well here. Making a 'simple' and 'battlefield' grade sword look so elegant and exquisite is certainly not easy but you pulled it off wonderfully!
    John Doyle
    Instagram:https://www.instagram.com/jdoyleknives/

*MY ORDER BOOKS ARE CLOSED* Email jdoyleknives AT gmail DOT com
    for notification of available knives.

Streem Rods, Reels and apparel. Use coupon code 'jdoyleknives' for 10% off here>>>: http://streemoutdoors.com?afmc=jdoyleknives

Quote Originally Posted by J. Doyle View Post
    Excellent thread Kevin. Your skills and knowledge are incredible and they served you well here. Making a 'simple' and 'battlefield' grade sword look so elegant and exquisite is certainly not easy but you pulled it off wonderfully!
    Thanks John, but I can only take some small credit for being able to mimic the true masters that did this work in the past. I just started on a new sword that I have been aching to recreate for some years now, I will keep folks updated on how the project progresses.

Really enjoyed the thread and the final product. Outstanding! Looking forward to the next project. Dozier. (not Bob)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    "The average dog is a nicer person than the average person" ~Andy Rooney

This week I started on a new project that I have been chomping at the bit for some time. A beautiful mid 16th century piece in the vaults at the Victoria and Albert museum that is an intriguing blend of rapier and cut & thrust sword from Saxony. I will keep folks updated.

Sword looks amazing!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12