Welcome to KnifeDogs

A Family Friendly Knife Oriented Community Founded For Knifemakers, Collectors, & Enthusiasts.

•  » Forums for individual knife dealers.
  •  » Forums for businesses supporting the knife industry.
  •  » Knife makers individual forums for visiting, support and sales.
  •  » Forums for knives.

...then you have come to the right place!

we will try to help you with your problem.

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hunter, Desert Ironwood

That's a great looking knife, MikeL. Iron wood looks great next to a satin finish. Listen to what John said! I made all these same mistakes as I was starting out. Sure wish someone had given me these pointers in the beginning, or maybe they did and I just wasn't listening LOL.

Brandant Robinson

I'm not addicted to knife making . . . really . . . I can stop any time. I just don't want to.

Brandant Robinson on Facebook
    Instagram: @brandantrobinson

Yep, I am soaking up all this great information. I did a ton of reading before ever attempting my first knife. Took a knife class as well. But there is nothing like posting a knife, exposing your weakness, and then getting excellent specific tricks of the trade addressing the weakness. I have plenty to learn and am thankful for this information!

wow beautiful knife...such a clean finish. how long exactly did it take? I actually want to see the workshop that finished this XD good job!

Quote Originally Posted by bnlw1126 View Post
    wow beautiful knife...such a clean finish. how long exactly did it take? I actually want to see the workshop that finished this XD good job!
    If your asking how long it took for the satin finish on the blade ( I do work slow, rookie slow) I would say three hours but then had to retouch twice so make it a total of approximately five hours ( just a guess). It is a hollow grind and I feel finishing a hollow grind would be slower than on a flat grind.
    Thanks for the compliment.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12