Welcome to KnifeDogs

A Family Friendly Knife Oriented Community Founded For Knifemakers, Collectors, & Enthusiasts.

•  » Forums for individual knife dealers.
  •  » Forums for businesses supporting the knife industry.
  •  » Knife makers individual forums for visiting, support and sales.
  •  » Forums for knives.

...then you have come to the right place!

we will try to help you with your problem.

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: 2016 Knife Dog's Knifemaker's Christmas Exchange!

image.jpgimage.jpgSanta (Scott Livesey) came yesterday with great gifts that I will put to use.
    A bench vice I installed immediately and Ss pin stock with matching drill sizes.

Thanks Scott!!!

Great Faith, Great Doubt, Great Effort

the three qualities necessary for training

Slideshow of my Knives and Sheaths

Hey, Walt (Wall e)- Thanks for the collection of interesting materials! Just can't decide which to utilize first! -but I have a few ideas running through my head.
    I will let you know what it turns into. It's been a pleasure 'meeting' and interacting with you here, and watching as you continually become a better and better knifemaker. Thanks again for your thoughtful gifts, and I hope you and your family have a very blessed Christmas! And, thanks to the guys who made this exchange possible- it's great!
    Bill

Your welcome Bill, I couldn't fit all the samples to share. Lol
    It seems there is always an abundance of good will gestures all year long on the forum so It was my turn and shared what I had.
    Last edited by wall e; 12-25-2016 at 03:07 PM.
    Walt 😆

Apparently, USPS thought Jess' gift needed a tan. What I had thought would be a rather straight shot from Kansas to Wisconsin took a detour to Long Beach CA and hasn't moved for the last week. Guess I'm making some phone calls Tuesday morning.

My apologies Jessl
    Merry Christmas everyone!

Chris

Quote Originally Posted by Freds Edge View Post
    I received a wonderful package from DeMo , this is the second year and as great as last year. My box has some Stabilized Oak from his dads saw mill,unstabilized maple,Elk Roll,Buffalo scales , corby's and pens and clamps. Last years Oak block went on a forge utility for my son , its great material.Attachment 60075Attachment 60076Attachment 60077

Fred

I am glad the package arrived and was in good order.

Looking at last year's knife just warms my heart. Your son's oak knife looks wonderful. I cannot wait to see what you make with this year's oak block.

Merry Christmas.

DeMo

No worries Chris. You have no control over the USPS.......in fact I'm not sure the USPS has control over the USPS. It will just be a surprise when it shows up!
    Quote Originally Posted by CAJones View Post
    Apparently, USPS thought Jess' gift needed a tan. What I had thought would be a rather straight shot from Kansas to Wisconsin took a detour to Long Beach CA and hasn't moved for the last week. Guess I'm making some phone calls Tuesday morning.

My apologies Jessl
    Merry Christmas everyone!

Chris

Quote Originally Posted by oldknife View Post
    I received santa box from the north pole in North Dakota, could not wait fore christmas, great handle material can find a good use for it. Thank you so much Aaron Elgin. Deane Sweet oldknife
    Deane, I'm glad the package made it to you, i'm sure you will find good use for the materials.

Merry Christmas,
    -Aaron

I hope everyone had a great Christmas. It was busy at my house. Full of family and friends. Jess Hoffman sent me some nice walnut, curly dyed oak, and some mokume. I can't wait to come up with some projects to use them on. Thanks Jess.

IMG_20161225_083230517.jpg
    Ty Adams

I finally got to open my package after traveling for Christmas. Mark Behnke sent me a wonderful selection of G10 spacers, hardware, and handle material. I hope to start putting something to use right after new years. Thanks Mark!

-Aaron

I got my package from Chris yesterday. I got some new handle material I've never used before, including Osage Orange, and a very nice block of quartersawn oak, a new center punch, some micro fiber towels (that I use all the time) and a bag of chocolates, because it just isn't Christmas without candy! Thank you very much Chris!

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast