Welcome to KnifeDogs

A Family Friendly Knife Oriented Community Founded For Knifemakers, Collectors, & Enthusiasts.

•  » Forums for individual knife dealers.
  •  » Forums for businesses supporting the knife industry.
  •  » Knife makers individual forums for visiting, support and sales.
  •  » Forums for knives.

...then you have come to the right place!

we will try to help you with your problem.

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!

Thread: Blade's First REAL bird!

Blade's First REAL bird!

It's not knife related, but it's so cool to me! Blade retrieved his first bird! He's now 7 months old, and it topping 65lbs. I got him on the birds, and he was like a crack addict.... what I call "feather drunk". He was literally going insane for about 15 mins. He finally settled down a bit and I hid the bird several times for him in the brush/tall grass....and every single time he headed downwind, picked up the scent, and went right to the bird, and brought it right back to "heel"(as the photo shows). Yeah..... I'm a proud "Dad". Got the same feeling as when my daughter took her first steps.

www.caffreyknives.net
    Caffreyknives@Gmail.com

"Nobody cares what you know.....until they know you care."
    Visit me at Table 2Q at the Blade Show!

Ed that is awesome, I love watching a dog work birds, point and retrieve. Sounds like your gonna have a good hunting buddy.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk
    pressonknives@gmail
    Instagram @pressonknives

Congrats Ed - what breed is he?

Yellow Lab. I've had every variety of Lab (Black, Chocolate, and Yellow), and have always had the best luck with the Yellow variety. The only variety I simply will not own is a Chocolate..... I've had two, and helped train a number of other Chocolates....in my experience the Chocolate variety are either so high strung that they are nothing but frustration, or are dumber then a post, and simply untrainable...... no middle ground. I'm sure there are a lot of Chocolate Lab owners out there who would take exception to that statement, and I mean no disrespect to them, but for me, Yellow Labs have always been the best fit.
    Last edited by EdCaffreyMS; 09-10-2016 at 08:58 AM.

www.caffreyknives.net
    Caffreyknives@Gmail.com

That is super cool Ed! Gotta throw one or two in the river out back. That pup needs to get warmed up for duck season, but it looks like he's gonna want to kick up pheasants too. Congrats!

Take care, Craig

Hi Craig!

I suspect he's gona be like Hammer was as a pup.....likely gona bring me back the decoys before he figures out the difference between them and a real dead duck. He's got the water thing down.....we've been practicing in a nearby lake, as well as the river behind the house. Hope all is good with you...... Ryan playing football?

www.caffreyknives.net
    Caffreyknives@Gmail.com