Welcome to KnifeDogs

A Family Friendly Knife Oriented Community Founded For Knifemakers, Collectors, & Enthusiasts.

•  » Forums for individual knife dealers.
  •  » Forums for businesses supporting the knife industry.
  •  » Knife makers individual forums for visiting, support and sales.
  •  » Forums for knives.

...then you have come to the right place!

we will try to help you with your problem.

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!

Page 77 of 88 FirstFirst ... 2767757677787987 ... LastLast

Thread: What's going on in your shop?

Quote Originally Posted by Self Made Knives View Post
    John, I was wondering... I'm sure you have one main dust port right under your bottom wheel to catch most of the dust. Would it help if there was an additional 2" Y or so with a port right on the drive wheel to catch the stuff that travels with the belt. Trying to plan my setup, so I've got a big closet of sorts framed out that will hold my new compressor and a dust collector. It's on the opposite side of the wall from my 2x72, surface grinder, and sand blasting cabinet. That's really the only tools it will be used for, with maybe a dustpan port down on the floor. I'll probably put a T in before the filter so in nice weather I can just exhaust it straight outside.
    yep i have a "funnel" which is actually an 8 inch or so floor register duct directly under the wheel / platen where most guys put their water bucket.

i wouldn't even worry about a second inlet on the grinder. not enough rides the belt to worry about. i have to do a bunch of grinding to get any dust to build up on my bench.

i have a second inlet under my disc grinder. each inlet funnel has a slide gate (shutoff) so that i can maximize the suction at the machine i'm working on. that's another reason not to have extraneous inlets around the grinder- it would rob cfm from the primary funnel.

i originally intended to blow the dust right through the wall and forego the collection bag altogether. I still may do that, but i hooked the bag up to buy myself time to make a port through my wall and was shocked by how well the bag worked. It worked so well i never got around to busting a hole in the wall.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Finally getting more done on the new shop since we moved. Put up a wall today, taking another day Friday to do some electrical work....I miss making knives.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk
    pressonknives@gmail
    Instagram @pressonknives

Getting some work don't on a fun 1095 chef knife with redwood and copper it's looking cool. I'm having way to much fun...Why is this so darn fun? Knife making just gets better and better.

Still rough, I haven't watched the blade yet either but wanted to share a few pictures...

Edit: I look like a dusty mess in that first picture! Haha. Good times
    Best Regards,
    -Daniel Rohde-
    www.RohdeEdge.com

oooohhhhh that's nice!

Well this only took three hours to fit- yikes.... Tremendous respect to those tradional makers that fit rombic cross sections regularly...I don't find it very easy myself. Seems like wire EDM would work nicely but that's expensive and cheating-LOL. I'm pretty happy with the fit of the puukko bolster though considering, lots of slow going though. Measuring and remeasuring...

Now it's relitivly easy sailing
    Best Regards,
    -Daniel Rohde-
    www.RohdeEdge.com

Daniel that looks awesome!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by jaysmith10 View Post
    Daniel that looks awesome!!!!!!

Thanks!
    Best Regards,
    -Daniel Rohde-
    www.RohdeEdge.com

What's that movie with Tom Hanks, Money Pit? Here's a little more progress on my shop.

Nice looking knife!

Looking good Daniel, Nice video Anthony.
    I got the outlets all wired up in my shop, wait til next pay day to run the wiring for lights and I think I want to run me power for a oven to.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk
    pressonknives@gmail
    Instagram @pressonknives

Page 77 of 88 FirstFirst ... 2767757677787987 ... LastLast