Welcome to KnifeDogs

A Family Friendly Knife Oriented Community Founded For Knifemakers, Collectors, & Enthusiasts.

•  » Forums for individual knife dealers.
  •  » Forums for businesses supporting the knife industry.
  •  » Knife makers individual forums for visiting, support and sales.
  •  » Forums for knives.

...then you have come to the right place!

we will try to help you with your problem.

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!

Page 1 of 103 1231151101 ... LastLast

Thread: What's going on in your shop?

What's going on in your shop?

Hey guys, there is a thread like this on another forum and I know some of you know what I'm talking about. I just thought I would try to get one started here in KD.
    Just post up anything you might be working on. Hopefully we can keep it going.
    I'm just excited to be back working on knives after about a 3 month break, after the new baby and some other stuff I just put the hobby on the back burner.

Got to do a little grinding today and it felt great, took a minute to get back into the swing of things.

I also have a edge scribe I'm building that I will share once I get it done.

So post up!

Justin

pressonknives@gmail
    Instagram @pressonknives

Good idea for a thread. I'll have to snap some pics.

I've got 5 on the bench with handles being finished and sheaths cut and dyed. I'll stitch them over the weekend.

Just sent 26 (!) blades off to Peters' last week. I need to get these 5 done and shipped before that big batch comes back from heat treat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What's going on in your shop?

Let's see if this works. Never tried posting a pic from my phone before.

Success!!

Those are the blades out for heat treat.

Handles in finishing stage

Now we are talking, those look good John! And that is a heck of a batch going out some nice profiles.

Here is my homemade scribe. It's not pretty and I still need to lap the face of it on my granite block to get it perfectly flat but it works an I have a total of $4.97 into it(bought a carbide edge pen scribe used the tip)

pressonknives@gmail
    Instagram @pressonknives

That turned out great Justin! lookes like it does to trick.

IMG_0689.JPGFullSizeRender.jpgMy most recent homemade fixture. I got some shields and a template from BossDog almost a year ago and finally got around to giving it a try. My first practice piece I didn't get deep enough, but after that they are turning out pretty good. This homemade handle material is also a first. I call it "Partly Cloudy, Country Fiber" . It looks very similar to a store bought version costing and arm and a leg. I probably have $10 total in three 12 x 9 sheets.
    Last edited by blancefitz; 04-10-2015 at 07:52 AM.

That scribe is exactly what I was looking for when I needed a scribe. I could not find anything like that for sale, and a hundred bucks later I ended up with a granite surface block and a height gauge with carbide bit... Now I feel stupid, and just a tad lazy.

Nice work, guy! I love building my own tools too.

Here's a crumby photo of what's on my bench at the moment. I'm making this one for my son who just earned his eagle scout award to commemorate the occasion. I got the blade ground last night, but didn't get any pics. Still a little ways to go, but it's coming along.

SANY3946.JPG
    Brandant Robinson

I'm not addicted to knife making . . . really . . . I can stop any time. I just don't want to.

Brandant Robinson on Facebook
    Instagram: @brandantrobinson

Nice job Justin,I have a couple knives on the bench,I just finished a 3 day clean up in the shop,still have one more work station to clean out.Headed to town today to pick up my new mill !

Page 1 of 103 1231151101 ... LastLast