Stonewash textured Ti

This caught my attention because its something that I don't know much about. I have, and use a tumbler, but am not familiar with the "ceramic triangles". Can somebody provide more information on this media? Maybe a link where I could read about and maybe figure out where to acquire it?

Thank you!

http://knifedogs.com/showthread.php?t=1607 - media info

As for the tumblers themselves, size counts...

IMG_3032.jpg

Ceramic Medium

Ed, I bought an extra tumbler bin and these triangles at Harbor Freight. This way I can swap out my brass cleaning materials. I am also trying steel shot for texturing.

Anybody else have some input?

Here is the info on the media I have, I get it from Mcmaster

10 lb. 4918A911 Ceramic Media V Cylinder
10 lb. 4918A918 Ceramic Media Triangular

That media from Harbor freight sucks.... What tumbler do you have?

Les, in the picture, what is the 5 gallon pail with vacuum hose about?

Les,

Thanks for those links to McMaster-Carr. I went over there and checked it out....think I might be ordering some of it. Next question... I have both a vibratory and a rotary tumbler in the shop... any input on which you think performs better for this type of operation? I know I could just get the media and try each, but just wanted to seek you opinion.

Many Thanks!

I have both a rotary and vibratory tumlber. For flat parts or items that can nest easily, I use the rotary tumbler or the parts stick together. I prefer to use the vibratory if i can, it's a little faster and gives a finer finish..

Les, in the picture, what is the 5 gallon pail with vacuum hose about?

I run a flow though wash though the tumblers as they are running. I have a pond pump in the bucket and it pumps water into the tumbler and gravity brings it back.

It helps (at least it seems to me) to keep things from sticking together and it makes for a cleaner and faster cut they say.

It's amazing how much junk comes out in the return! unsure

Bill Coye did a demo on stone washing at the KGA shop tour at Mike Miller's. The blade finish looked real good to me. I am sure he will have some input when he sees this thread.

Back