Welcome to KnifeDogs

A Family Friendly Knife Oriented Community Founded For Knifemakers, Collectors, & Enthusiasts.

•  » Forums for individual knife dealers.
  •  » Forums for businesses supporting the knife industry.
  •  » Knife makers individual forums for visiting, support and sales.
  •  » Forums for knives.

...then you have come to the right place!

we will try to help you with your problem.

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!

Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: DeMo Knife Thread

Looks great DeMo! I know what you mean about the koa. You just can't photograph it the way your eye sees it. That's a great piece and I can tell you did it justice.

I really like the shape of the the blade on that and the fact that you're making through tangs and multi part spacers. You are really pushing yourself. It's official.......you are no longer a newbie.

That bone one with the hamon looks good too. That's pretty good if that's your first attempt at hamon.

Well done, my friend!
    John Doyle
    Instagram:https://www.instagram.com/jdoyleknives/

*MY ORDER BOOKS ARE CLOSED* Email jdoyleknives AT gmail DOT com
    for notification of available knives.

Streem Rods, Reels and apparel. Use coupon code 'jdoyleknives' for 10% off here>>>: http://streemoutdoors.com?afmc=jdoyleknives

J. Doyle - You are a good man, my friend. Thanks for feeding the addiction. I'll keep trying to get better.

Oh, and I am still a newbie. I have so much more to learn.

DeMo

That's a beautiful knife. The Koa and sheath make a good pair. Thank you for sharing your knives with us. I always look forward to your latest knife. Very unique. Ty

Quote Originally Posted by Tyshoots View Post
    Thank you for sharing your knives with us. I always look forward to your latest knife.
    Ty - You are most welcome. Thank you for stopping by and taking a look. I hold the same sentiment about many of the makers on this site. I just cannot wait to see what they make and post . . . next.
    DeMo

When I first joined this site I followed your thread. What an adventure. Thanks for sharing your work.

Jake
    PRO PATRIA
    Welcome to Idaho. Now go home.

Jake
    Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment. From the looks of your first couple of knives, your adventure is just beginning and you have the fever. Just keep grinding and positing up your photos. In no time, you will be in the exact same position as myself.
    DeMo

It has been a while since I posted up a new knife. Almost six months. Way too long. But, I have a few good excuses. I have been coaching basketball and it eats up all my free time. It has been cold in the garage and I'm too cheap to buy propane. I have been super busy with family stuff. Blah, blah, blah.

No excuses, here is a new knife. 1075 with a hamon. African Blackwood, 416 SS guard and pins, tooled black sheath.

Thank you John Doyle for the hardest African Blackwood known to mankind. Like sanding granite. Turned out nice but I sanded on it for six months. Gnarly hard stuff!!!

Wickett and Craig leather is the best I have ever used. This was drummed dyed black and it tools so well. If you have not tried it, you are missing out on some special stuff.

Hope you like the knife and sheath.

DeMo

DeMo... I was starting to think you had retired. That is a beautiful knife. Nice clean lines and a hamon. Who ever gets that one is lucky.
    Last edited by Ty Adams; 03-06-2017 at 12:13 PM.
    Ty Adams
    Instagram @tyadamsknives

A few more pictures.

Ty
    Not retired. Just too busy for knife making. Also, the garage was cold this winter. It is warming up and time to get started making a few more knives. Hopefully, it will be a good year.
    Dennis

Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast