Welcome to KnifeDogs

A Family Friendly Knife Oriented Community Founded For Knifemakers, Collectors, & Enthusiasts.

•  » Forums for individual knife dealers.
  •  » Forums for businesses supporting the knife industry.
  •  » Knife makers individual forums for visiting, support and sales.
  •  » Forums for knives.

...then you have come to the right place!

we will try to help you with your problem.

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How was the Washington Show?

How was the Washington Show?

Hey Ray,
    I havent heard anything yet on the Kelso Show. How was it? Did you take home another armload of winnings?

The knife in my avatar is "The Hideout Bowie"
    Click here for my Web Site: http://www.brucebumpknives.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Bump View Post
    Hey Ray,
    I havent heard anything yet on the Kelso Show. How was it? Did you take home another armload of winnings?
    Bruce, Each year this show attracts more customers. Saturday up till about 1pm there was a fair amount of traffic. After 1pm everyone was either at football games or home watching them on TV. Had a couple sales and did happen to win best of show with a tomahawk. I wasn't even sure I could enter it so I check with them before I did. I was surprised to see it being held up and them saying it was best of show. Also the weather was just perfect for people to stay home and do yard work. The rain came back Monday and was very wet here today.

Here's earlier photo's of the hawk:

http://www.hawknknives.com/

Second chances don't stop at two.....

Ray, Congrats on the BOS award!! Nice Hawk! What did they think of the Klingon war axe?
    I heard it was a good show by Ole Pedersen. He called today.
    I'll have to try to make it next year, Yes I know I said that last year.

Bruce,

Since you live in Washington maybe you should do it. I do recall you doing it around 2003. Unfortunately I didn't see any Trekkies at the show. I'm still waiting for there return.

Congrats on the award, Ray! You deserved it. That's a nice hawk!

i had a great time there as well. it was the second show i have ever held a table at, and i sold a knife, so i can't complain. i even got to meet ray and talk to him for a few minutes. that was quite a treat for me since he was one of the first, and biggest influences on me upon deciding i wanted to get a little more serious about making my own knives. even though the traffic was light it was a treat for a new guy like me just to see a bunch of great knives and talk shop. unfortunately my table was right next to gallery hardwoods table, and i spend WAY more money than i should have on some beautiful stabilized woods...

i feel kinda weird tooting my own horn on someone else's thread, but here goes: i won the best hunter/utility, which was a complete surprise and a real honor.

Jeremy, It was good to meet you. I did let Eric know you had come by.

I had no idea you had won best hunter, congratulations! The first award is always a special one! I never did see your knife. If you can post a picture here be my guest. To bad we didn't have this type of weather for the show. Nice weather always seems to keep customers at home working on there yards.

thanks for passing that on to eric. i hope he is feeling better. he has been a great inspiration to me as well.

if you don't mind i would love to post a pic or two of that knife. i hope its not imposing too much. the blade is 52100 laminated with mild steel and the handle is ebony/macassar ebony/303 stainless. the sheath is wet formed around the knife with a hidden wooden liner.

P1060370.jpg

P1060366.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by jspake View Post
    i had a great time there as well. it was the second show i have ever held a table at, and i sold a knife, so i can't complain. i even got to meet ray and talk to him for a few minutes. that was quite a treat for me since he was one of the first, and biggest influences on me upon deciding i wanted to get a little more serious about making my own knives. even though the traffic was light it was a treat for a new guy like me just to see a bunch of great knives and talk shop. unfortunately my table was right next to gallery hardwoods table, and i spend WAY more money than i should have on some beautiful stabilized woods...

i feel kinda weird tooting my own horn on someone else's thread, but here goes: i won the best hunter/utility, which was a complete surprise and a real honor.
    Jeremy,
    Congrats on the award!! It looks like the judges knew what they were doing.
    I hope you go back again next year. Ray and Ole are twisting my arm for next year, I hope to meet you there.
    Last edited by Bruce Bump; 10-11-2013 at 09:11 PM.

[QUOTE=jspake;266244]thanks for passing that on to eric. i hope he is feeling better. he has been a great inspiration to me as well.

if you don't mind i would love to post a pic or two of that knife. i hope its not imposing too much. the blade is 52100 laminated with mild steel and the handle is ebony/macassar ebony/303 stainless. the sheath is wet formed around the knife with a hidden wooden liner.

Jeremy, I can see Eric's influence in your work. Actually I had heard about your knife from one of the judges. He was real impressed with your work. Keep up the good work! Just don't tell Bruce that this show gives a cash for the best's in show.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast