a fast way to cut profile without band saw

Hey Franklin , thats a good idea but must take some time to drill all those holes , but hey , it worked well .. Nice job !

Really Mikey it does not take long with a 3/16 bit and when you are too cheap to buy a bandsaw :) its the fastest way I can find . just hope it saves someone else a little.

Larry, have you just tried to do it with a 36 grit belt on your grinder. I did my first one with a hacksaw (no drilling :31:), but now I have found that a 36 blaze will eat right through the excess.

all these years I only had a 1x30 grinder took to long. I would try the 36 now that I just got a 2x72 but the lowest grit I have used is 80 blaze,will try 36 when I get one though thanks mooseyards.

Really Mikey it does not take long with a 3/16 bit and when you are too cheap to buy a bandsaw :) its the fastest way I can find . just hope it saves someone else a little.

I think that is a great idea. I remember doin it with a hack saw when I started making knives and I had a Milwaukee drill 2ft to the right of me.. Good thinking bro!

Back