Welcome to KnifeDogs

A Family Friendly Knife Oriented Community Founded For Knifemakers, Collectors, & Enthusiasts.

•  » Forums for individual knife dealers.
  •  » Forums for businesses supporting the knife industry.
  •  » Knife makers individual forums for visiting, support and sales.
  •  » Forums for knives.

...then you have come to the right place!

we will try to help you with your problem.

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Please welcome Rick Haney Design

Please welcome Rick Haney Design

Welcome to Knife Dogs!!!

Bartlesville, Oklahoma, United States, 103117846395124, Bartlesville, Oklahoma

Thumbs up

Hey Rick> Welcome to you as well and congrats. Good to see you here too and thanks for coming by my forum to say howdy.

STR

Steve,It's about being friends here & being fellow knifemakers!

Rick, Just to say welcome neighbor, look forward to seeing ya around.

Todd
    http://i163.photobucket.com/albums/t...g?t=1252105008 - T.A. DAVISON Custom Knives - Click Here ~~~~
    Now accepting custom orders - Please see my web site for details - Thanks!

Todd,Thanks my friend.

Hey Rick!

Congrats on the forum.

mo

Mo,Thanks.This is going to be fun!

Hi Rick,
    Glad to see you here. This could be fun.
    Hey I have always admired your designs and finished knives. I have always wondered how you make the knives. Your screen name is Rick Haney Design, does that mean you design knives for other people/companys or just for yourself? Do you make your own knives? If so you must have some good machines. I envy you to have the CAD skills.
    Bruce

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Bump View Post
    Hi Rick,
    Glad to see you here. This could be fun.
    Hey I have always admired your designs and finished knives. I have always wondered how you make the knives. Your screen name is Rick Haney Design, does that mean you design knives for other people/companys or just for yourself? Do you make your own knives? If so you must have some good machines. I envy you to have the CAD skills.
    Bruce
    Bruce,Thanks for your kind words.I've admired your talents for a few years now.I think You are referring on how I make my blades?I hand carve the bevels with a flexshaft and various carbide bits,I think that's what You are talking about.

My screen name is my company name,I've designed high end jewelry for 15 years.I also created the master wax patterns for manufacturing,Knife design is my passion.I'm not currently designing for anyone or companies.Like too!

Yes,I make my knives in my Garage/Shop here in Chatt-Town.

Bruce,All I have as far as equipment is two drill presses,HF cheapo bandsaw,Saved up & bought a Dozier grinder & two flexshafts at my jewelry benches.That's all for now.A knee mill would be nice!

Bruce,I was loaned the CAD software from David@GLWJ about a year ago,I pushed myself for 6 months to draw my folders accurately.It has helped my design creativity tremendously!If I can learn it,I know You can!2thumbs

Quote Originally Posted by Rick Haney Design View Post
    Bruce,Thanks for your kind words.I've admired your talents for a few years now.I think You are referring on how I make my blades?I hand carve the bevels with a flexshaft and various carbide bits,I think that's what You are talking about.

My screen name is my company name,I've designed high end jewelry for 15 years.I also created the master wax patterns for manufacturing,Knife design is my passion.I'm not currently designing for anyone or companies.Like too!

Yes,I make my knives in my Garage/Shop here in Chatt-Town.

Bruce,All I have as far as equipment is two drill presses,HF cheapo bandsaw,Saved up & bought a Dozier grinder & two flexshafts at my jewelry benches.That's all for now.A knee mill would be nice!

Bruce,I was loaned the CAD software from David@GLWJ about a year ago,I pushed myself for 6 months to draw my folders accurately.It has helped my design creativity tremendously!If I can learn it,I know You can!2thumbs
    I envisioned a shop full of CNC machines from the looks of your finished knives. There is more going on than just well done blades. You do have a passion for this.

I also have a copy of the same software. I think you should do a tutorial here on how to use it for a simple folder. I know a few things but need to know how to layer and see what the blade does as it pivots and stops. I can draw fixed blades (although easier with a pencil) and copy them off on paper but thats about the extent. Folders are a different matter.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast