Kinda WIP of my first EDC

killingerBlades

This is my first try at a EDC style blade. I want about 4 inch blade that looked tactical? lol anyway. did my first flat grind on this one as well as my first jimping and some random file work. Ill post up pics when it gets back from heat treat and i figure out scales and finish. thanks for looking!

IMG_20130407_143715_zps608de2da.jpg

IMG_20130407_124417_zpsad599295.jpg

IMG_20130407_124409_zps85b31327.jpg

Nice looking grind Chris. I like that better then the scandi grinds. Just a comment, I would like the front finger groove to be more rounded to fit your finger better. But looks good so far

Nice looking grind Chris. I like that better then the scandi grinds. Just a comment, I would like the front finger groove to be more rounded to fit your finger better. But looks good so far

Overall I like the design but I concur with Jim about the index finder area of the handle.

I find that a 1/2 -3/4" small wheel makes a comfy index finger cutout and moves the finger and front of the hand out of the way of the cutting edge.

Laurence

www.rhinoknives.com

Overall I like the design but I concur with Jim about the index finder area of the handle.

I find that a 1/2 -3/4" small wheel makes a comfy index finger cutout and moves the finger and front of the hand out of the way of the cutting edge.

Laurence

www.rhinoknives.com

I agree, mite hog it out a bit when it comes home, it felt good in my hand but if I have gloves on mite be too small. I'll have to get some of those wheels, I do all that work with a file for now.

I like scandi grinds on some knives and flats on others, just depends on the knife I'm making. The flat is very hard to get right on a 1x42! But I got a system for it now!

I agree, mite hog it out a bit when it comes home, it felt good in my hand but if I have gloves on mite be too small. I'll have to get some of those wheels, I do all that work with a file for now.

It will be tough going after Heat treat using a file. The best tool I added when I was just using files was a Foredom flex shaft hand drill. You can use 1/2 & 3/4" sanding tubes to make finger grooves and I sculpt parts of my handles with it to this day.

Get the one with a keyed chuck in the hand piece. This is only one example of their line of tools. http://www.amazon.com/Foredom-K-227...8&qid=1365521904&sr=1-3&keywords=foredom+tool

Laurence

www.rhinoknives.com

Or you can pick up a inexpensive spindle sander at home depo or lowes, they work really nice for the finger grooves and handle shaping.

finished this bad boy up. overall im happy with the way it turned out. few minor changes to the next one.

so far i really enjoy using this knife!

Back