Welcome to KnifeDogs

A Family Friendly Knife Oriented Community Founded For Knifemakers, Collectors, & Enthusiasts.

•  » Forums for individual knife dealers.
  •  » Forums for businesses supporting the knife industry.
  •  » Knife makers individual forums for visiting, support and sales.
  •  » Forums for knives.

...then you have come to the right place!

we will try to help you with your problem.

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: The "S" in guard

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Killgore View Post
    Looks great! Looks like you threw some bronze in with the fittings. Did you do that on the original Midnight Fighter?
    Peter, You got good eyes. This is the first one with the bronze. I used two 1/8" thick pieces. Guess it does give a little bit of a reddish color when the light hits it right especially when I use my high tech photo set up.

When are you out for spring break?
    http://www.hawknknives.com/

Second chances don't stop at two.....

I like the little bit of contrast it puts in there. Kind of gives it a little hint of being Roman or something.

I'm done with finals next Thursday and I'll be coming home that afternoon. I think we're leaving on Saturday for a family vacation to Utah for five days or so too. Someday when I come home I need to make sheaths for my last two knives...

It won't be long till summer and we can get together then. I should have you over when I am working on a sheath. See you when ever.
    http://www.hawknknives.com/

Second chances don't stop at two.....

I'd like to come over sometime when you're working on a sheath. And summer is just around the corner... : ) Kinda floors me when I think that in 13 weeks I'll have complete my first year at college...

That's awesome Ray!

Quote Originally Posted by Raymond Richard View Post
    Dave, Just force yourself to think simple and you'll be able to figure out the sheaths. I think I'm actually doing stuff I was first introduced to in 1st grade. Maybe a little different form but not far from what I learned then. You got any vacation time coming up?
    No more vacation time coming up this year Ray. Just got back from a week in New Mexico finishing up clearing out my folk's house to get it sold. Weird experience. Came home with the cold of all freakin colds too; just been laying in bed since I got home, where I'm headed again now. Holy crap! I'm such a wuss.

That is a freakin beautiful knife. I've got to do something along those lines someday, when I grow up. The sheath though? We'll see. I have trouble just folding paper to fit it in an envelope...
    Dave

Why doesn't Tarzan have a beard?

Website

Outstanding work !!!!

Nice work! I like "S" guards too.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123