Welcome to KnifeDogs

A Family Friendly Knife Oriented Community Founded For Knifemakers, Collectors, & Enthusiasts.

•  » Forums for individual knife dealers.
  •  » Forums for businesses supporting the knife industry.
  •  » Knife makers individual forums for visiting, support and sales.
  •  » Forums for knives.

...then you have come to the right place!

we will try to help you with your problem.

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Three for Little Rock

Quote Originally Posted by ddavelarsen View Post
    Okay, I think I have the right dye, but it's black. Haven't been able to find the spirit based in brown locally at all. May have to order some, if that's what you use. Do you use brown rather than black? And yeah, testing is a good idea; I might not have done that.
    Pretty sure I got the walnut color although black will work. Just depends on what you are after. If you do test try to use a scrap piece of the same material your wanting to color.
    http://www.hawknknives.com/

Second chances don't stop at two.....

Quote Originally Posted by Raymond Richard View Post
    Pretty sure I got the walnut color although black will work. Just depends on what you are after. If you do test try to use a scrap piece of the same material your wanting to color.
    Thanks Ray; that's what I'll do. I'll also look into what I can find online; I've been wanting to buy some other dye for a while anyway.
    Dave

Why doesn't Tarzan have a beard?

Website

It was nice seeing you at the show.

Have fun playing with your walrus bits...
    Allen

newberryknives.com

(formerly mrnewberry)

I find myself heading back to Little Rock via Texas first. Going to spend a few days with my brother Eli at Sam Houston University. Eli is the pastor in charge of a Chi Alpha Mission set at the university. For the last two years I've been doing a hand forging demo there. Not sure how much forging I will be doing since old timers hit me hard this year. Hopefully there will be a younger man operating the hammer if the need arises. I also plan to give a testimony and maybe do a little preaching. This is something that has been on my heart for a year now.

Godspeed on your trip Ray.
    I pray that everything will work out as you wish.
    Member,THE KNIFEMAKERS GUILD since 2009
    Please visit my website www.calvinrobinsonknives.com

Quote Originally Posted by Calvin Robinson View Post
    Godspeed on your trip Ray.
    I pray that everything will work out as you wish.
    Thanks! I really do appreciate your friendship!

Ray, How was the fishing, trip and show? I sure missed out by not going this year. Those guys back there are all hospitable.
    The knife in my avatar is "The Hideout Bowie"
    Click here for my Web Site: http://www.brucebumpknives.com/

Ray, it was a pleasure to shake your hand and talk a bit. Eli has a great group of boys that he is working with. They sure seemed to enjoy your demonstration and talk. Thanks for looking me up when you were in the neighborhood.

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Bump View Post
    Ray, How was the fishing, trip and show? I sure missed out by not going this year. Those guys back there are all hospitable.
    Bruce, I did better at the show than I did fishing. I used pretty much the same bait at the show as I did last year to. Sold 3 or 4 knives and gave one away to a young kid. Giving the knife to Tony sure made my day.

The weather got real nice over the weekend and the guide that we use got booked so no stripper fishing. Tuesday we did fish on Little Red for trout. Did catch one that was very small. Very beautiful river but the fish just weren't biting.

There were people looking for you at the show.

Kim, Was sure happy to see you there at the school Wednesday night! Glad you were able to make it. I'm thinking I may do something similar there next year. Also thinking of doing something at the school in San Antonio to. Very nice to meet you!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123