crusher/my 2013 kith wip

franklin

was so excited guys i all ready started. 1095 steel and 17 inch long from tip to tip!!!!! 2 inch wide, now i just need to wait to do some forging its going
to be -10 tomorrow and if it stays that cold we are going stock removal :) what you guys think?

Attachments

• 100_4108.jpg
    100_4108.jpg
    94.7 KB · Views: 77
  • 100_4114.jpg
    100_4114.jpg
    91.3 KB · Views: 68
Franklin,
You certainly should be able to pick some teeth with this.:biggrin:
Looking forward to the build.
Wade

That's one heck of a knife! Its certainly not going to be overlooked when you carry it!
I understand about the cold...it's 12 degrees here..no heat in the garage other than a reddi heater. I just hate running thru the kerosene for heat that dissapates as fast as it is being made.
Good luck on that big boy and keep us posted.

well last year i had blade length envy,i was not going through that again this year lol.
hoped you guys would like and wade i think you could do a few teeth at the same time!!! grange i got no heat at all in the garage and it wont hold the heat in either.

no belts yet just a drill bit, i drilled holes all the way around the profile then used a hack saw,then a old used belt ground off the nibs and wham there's the profile.
next i want to forge the edge down then grind.

that is a lot of drilling and sawing. Forging good... but I never had to deal with -10.
nice profile, huge knife. lets see the rest of it...
kc

Sorry guys having trouble downloading pics,but have started this back up, hope to have some stuff up soon.

Franklin,

Thats one monster of a knife you got going there. I realy like the the shape you have drawn at the front of the handle area. When it comes to knives more is always more, and more is gooder!

i ordered the knife maker subscription and dont know if something is different but i cant get pics up. thank you george working on the handle scales now.
rhino sent you a pm. hope to keep up with you guys george yours is looking great.

Back