Welcome to KnifeDogs

A Family Friendly Knife Oriented Community Founded For Knifemakers, Collectors, & Enthusiasts.

•  » Forums for individual knife dealers.
  •  » Forums for businesses supporting the knife industry.
  •  » Knife makers individual forums for visiting, support and sales.
  •  » Forums for knives.

...then you have come to the right place!

we will try to help you with your problem.

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Cold in Corvallis

Ray, you dress like my wife! It can be 72 degrees in here and she's got two sweatshirts, a robe and a blanket all going at the same time. I really do feel for folks that are that sensitive to the cold, because being cold is a totally miserable experience. Stay warm!

Dave

Why doesn't Tarzan have a beard?

Website

Quote Originally Posted by ddavelarsen View Post
    Ray, you dress like my wife! It can be 72 degrees in here and she's got two sweatshirts, a robe and a blanket all going at the same time. I really do feel for folks that are that sensitive to the cold, because being cold is a totally miserable experience. Stay warm!
    I think our wives may be related? Only my wife also wears gloves and the Carhart winter work vest I bought for her underneath her full length black wool coat with a hood and fur lining!

It was 65 degrees here during the day yesterday! She looks like a Eskimo all bundled up! LOL.

Laurence

www.rhinoknives.com

Laurence

Quote Originally Posted by rhinoknives View Post
    I think our wives may be related? Only my wife also wears gloves and the Carhart winter work vest I bought for her underneath her full length black wool coat with a hood and fur lining!

It was 65 degrees here during the day yesterday! She looks like a Eskimo all bundled up! LOL.

Laurence

www.rhinoknives.com

Laurence
    LOL Laurence, I do think they're related!
    Dave

Why doesn't Tarzan have a beard?

Website

Quote Originally Posted by ddavelarsen View Post
    Dave, I was never like that until the heart problems and the bypass. I think all the med's I take to stay alive could have something to do with me not tolerating cold weather like I use to. The one thing I like is when it does start to warm up 40's feel almost balmy. I think tomorrow we may see some 40's.

Laurence, My wife was always cold but now she handles it better than me. I think they get warmer when they age.... In southern Cal 65 is a cold day. I was born and raised in the San Diego area.
    http://www.hawknknives.com/

Second chances don't stop at two.....

-4 here yesterday coldest it's been in ten years

Quote Originally Posted by Raymond Richard View Post
    Dave, I was never like that until the heart problems and the bypass. I think all the med's I take to stay alive could have something to do with me not tolerating cold weather like I use to. The one thing I like is when it does start to warm up 40's feel almost balmy. I think tomorrow we may see some 40's.

Laurence, My wife was always cold but now she handles it better than me. I think they get warmer when they age.... In southern Cal 65 is a cold day. I was born and raised in the San Diego area.
    It froze in S.D. a couple of nights ago. I lived in Pacific Beach for over 16 years.

What took you to Oregon? Your wife or work?

Laurence

www.rhinoknives.com

Quote Originally Posted by rhinoknives View Post
    It froze in S.D. a couple of nights ago. I lived in Pacific Beach for over 16 years.

What took you to Oregon? Your wife or work?

Laurence

www.rhinoknives.com

Part of the reason for moving up here is after I got back from Nam I never felt at home in San Diego. I moved up here in 76, a few years after I got married. It was a good move but each year the cold bothers me more. While I was in the army my parents located in OB. Did spend time in PB.

DP, I have never experienced -4 and don't care to.

My pastor is from Ruby, Alaska. I've heard him tell stories about walking outside and throwing the coffee out of a cup into the air and it freezes before it hits the ground. It gets down to -50 up there. He's also told stories about other fluids freezing before they hit the ground too...

Peter, Are you spending the amount time you need to be studying?

Of course I am! No knifemaking to distract me. : )

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast