Welcome to KnifeDogs

A Family Friendly Knife Oriented Community Founded For Knifemakers, Collectors, & Enthusiasts.

•  » Forums for individual knife dealers.
  •  » Forums for businesses supporting the knife industry.
  •  » Knife makers individual forums for visiting, support and sales.
  •  » Forums for knives.

...then you have come to the right place!

we will try to help you with your problem.

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Cold in Corvallis

Cold in Corvallis

Hi Ray. Is your grinder bucket frozen yet? : ) I don't think it's gotten above 30 down here for the past three days or so. Friday was pretty icy...no good for riding a bike. How's it up there? I heard it was snowing in Troutdale this morning which either means good forging weather or good stay inside weather. : )

Peter, I just came in from the shop. Actually there's only a little ice floating in the bucket right now. I don't think it got down to the 20's during the night. We have been getting really light snow here this morning. Not enough to be concerned with right now. I'm looking forward to the 40's. You need to purchase a fur lined jock for riding your bike in these temps.
    http://www.hawknknives.com/

Second chances don't stop at two.....

HaHaHaHa!!!!!!!!!!!! Now that there's funny, Ray!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

The strongest reason for the People to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government........Thomas Jefferson

You know...that might not be a bad idea... lol

Quote Originally Posted by Raymond Richard View Post
    Peter, I just came in from the shop. Actually there's only a little ice floating in the bucket right now. I don't think it got down to the 20's during the night. We have been getting really light snow here this morning. Not enough to be concerned with right now. I'm looking forward to the 40's. You need to purchase a fur lined jock for riding your bike in these temps.
    I've been wearing my flannel lined jeans here in S. California,
    You always need to keep the family jewels warm and happy!

Laurence

www.rhinoknives.com

It's not cold enough for flannel-lined jeans in Iowa yet. Been in the low teens every morning for a while now - 11 yesterday morning when I got up, 17 right now. It's supposed to get up to 32 today - that'll start melting all the snow along the roadways and get my nice clean car all dirty again!
    Dave

Why doesn't Tarzan have a beard?

Website

...I'm never coming to Iowa in winter. ESPECIALLY not to ride my bicycle. : )

Quote Originally Posted by ddavelarsen View Post
    It's not cold enough for flannel-lined jeans in Iowa yet. Been in the low teens every morning for a while now - 11 yesterday morning when I got up, 17 right now. It's supposed to get up to 32 today - that'll start melting all the snow along the roadways and get my nice clean car all dirty again!
    Dave, My old body likes to be warm. My normal attire for 40 degrees down to 30 is 3 pairs of sweat pants, a flannel shirt and 3 hooded sweat sweat shirts and that's when I have the forge going. A couple days earlier I had 4 hooded sweat shirts when it was in the high 20's. If I could I think I'd prefer hibernation or becoming a snowbird.

Peter, I've got a few rabbit pelts if you need them.
    http://www.hawknknives.com/

Second chances don't stop at two.....

Thanks, but I think a warming trend is starting. Almost forty today. : )

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Killgore View Post
    ...I'm never coming to Iowa in winter. ESPECIALLY not to ride my bicycle. : )
    LOL! Good policy Peter! I'm totally with you on that one. Did I mention it's also windy here? Yeah. Tomorrow it's supposed to get into the 40s though, which will feel like shorts weather!
    Dave

Why doesn't Tarzan have a beard?

Website

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast