I finally got around to finishing off the little dagger. Instead of using wood for scales I used a couple pieces of 1/4" thick sole leather. Not sure if it was processed differently that the normal leather. Its stiff and quite hard. One of the reason I didn't want to go with wood was the handle area was not perfectly flat and I did not want to try and grind it. After I Barge cemented both the knife and the leather I put it in my vise to put pressure on it. It made a real tight seal and then I used some iron telegraph wire WG had given me to make rivets out of. Pretty pleased with how it turned out. Also added a few photo's of the sheath making precess I use. The finally pictures of the sheath was taken after I applied the leather dye. The knife was forged out of 1084. The blade is 4 1/2" and 9 1/2" overall. Guess it isn't all that small.