Welcome to KnifeDogs

A Family Friendly Knife Oriented Community Founded For Knifemakers, Collectors, & Enthusiasts.

•  » Forums for individual knife dealers.
  •  » Forums for businesses supporting the knife industry.
  •  » Knife makers individual forums for visiting, support and sales.
  •  » Forums for knives.

...then you have come to the right place!

we will try to help you with your problem.

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Midnight Fighter

That's a sexy looking knife Ray, definitely lean and mean!!

Ben Tendick
    Follow me on Instagram - WIP pics added daily
    www.BRTBLADEWORKS.com
    See what is available here--->> B.R.T. Bladeworks
    God, Family, Friends

Hi Ray....Haven't been here in a long time....Nice to see your still making Beautiful pieces.....

Quote Originally Posted by Dusty One View Post
    Hi Ray....Haven't been here in a long time....Nice to see your still making Beautiful pieces.....
    Mark, Thanks for dropping by. I still continue to try. Been doing more hand forging in attempts to keep warm than finish work.
    http://www.hawknknives.com/

Second chances don't stop at two.....

Got another order for one of these Midnight'ers. Thursday I forged one blade and did another one yesterday. I've been wearing gloves while I hand forge now and I'm finding they help me grip the handle better. When I was forging yesterday I got myself a blister and I am thinking it was caused more from the gloves. My hands have gotten so soft since I got out of the construction game. Here's a photo of the blade I forged Thursday. I still need to do some tune up forging on it. The only thing used on this blade was Godzilla and hand held hammers. No grinding yet. I took photo's of the blade I forged yesterday but I can't get my computer to recognize the camera. I hope its not time for another camera. It looks pretty much the same as this one. I used a piece of saw steel for the second one, pretty sure its L-6.

Last edited by Raymond Richard; 02-23-2013 at 03:10 PM.

Looking great Ray! I think you nailed that design, given all the orders you're getting for it. That's got to feel good! What are you using for handles for these two?
    Dave

Why doesn't Tarzan have a beard?

Website

Quote Originally Posted by ddavelarsen View Post
    Looking great Ray! I think you nailed that design, given all the orders you're getting for it. That's got to feel good! What are you using for handles for these two?
    I'm planing on using the African blackwood I got in Little Rock. Fighter's with black handles just look right to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Raymond Richard View Post
    I'm planing on using the African blackwood I got in Little Rock. Fighter's with black handles just look right to me.
    Indeed! Blackwood is wonderful stuff to work with too. Wish I had more; only have a little of it, but I've always preferred it to ebony, for example. I'm looking forward to the upcoming pictures of these knives! Wish I could afford one; maybe I'll sneak one of your knives in with my bonus next year...
    Dave

Website

Did the tune up forging on both blades. If you look hard at the 3rd photo you'll see one blade is setting on top of the other. Not bad for hand forging and using my old eyeball.

Looking great, Ray! I love seeing the big ones from you. : )

I can't even begin to imagine how you can have that much control forging steel. It blows my mind! Beautiful Ray, can't wait to see the finished products...
    Dave

Website

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast