Welcome to KnifeDogs

A Family Friendly Knife Oriented Community Founded For Knifemakers, Collectors, & Enthusiasts.

•  » Forums for individual knife dealers.
  •  » Forums for businesses supporting the knife industry.
  •  » Knife makers individual forums for visiting, support and sales.
  •  » Forums for knives.

...then you have come to the right place!

we will try to help you with your problem.

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Midnight Fighter

If you would have passed on the massage, I would have had to drive out there and smack you up side the head.
    My wife hasnt offered me a massage since the doctor put me on high blood pressure medication. If your old enough and in bad enough shape, you'll know what that means.
    I was a little disheartened for you when I read that your blades went south. I know the feeling. But, it's always a gamble and part of the craft I guess.
    I like what you got there in the picture. Are you planning a pair like before?
    Keep this thing going, I enjoy following along.
    Eric Troyer
    Lagrange Custom Knives
    lagrangecustomknives@embarqmail.com

Wow Ray, I missed the whole part about losing both blades. What a bummer! I've had this happen too (never tried clay coating), and it's just - start over. The new blade is just as beautiful as the others! Keep up the good steady work Ray, you'll get it done. But I'm sorry you had the setback, for sure. Bummer.
    Dave

Why doesn't Tarzan have a beard?

Website

Eric, I'm just going to do one blade at a time now. The second blade last time was along the lines of a spare tire and if they both turned out I'd have one to sell at my leisure. I'm pleased I was able to get one forged yesterday. Along with my back being on the fritz the wrist is always a close second as far as needy goes.

Dave I'm surprised you didn't know about the loss of both blades. This new blade looks to be a survivor.

http://www.hawknknives.com/

Second chances don't stop at two.....

Ray my heart is in it for you on the second (third) blade!

By the way, I finished Paul, and Jeanie is reading it now. Wonderful book. It's given me a sense of greater personal strength - or determination, at least - among other things.
    Dave

Why doesn't Tarzan have a beard?

Website

If I may be so bold....
    May I suggest "God meant it for good" by R.T. Kendall. http://www.amazon.com/God-Meant-Good.../dp/1599332787
    Following the biblical life of Joseph with it's many ups and downs. A very good read in my humble opinion.
    Eric Troyer
    Lagrange Custom Knives
    lagrangecustomknives@embarqmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by ddavelarsen View Post
    Ray my heart is in it for you on the second (third) blade!

By the way, I finished Paul, and Jeanie is reading it now. Wonderful book. It's given me a sense of greater personal strength - or determination, at least - among other things.
    Dave, You can read Paul's work in the New Testament, starting at Romans. If you think the man is wonderful you need to read what he has to say. Christ knew what he was doing when he put Paul on the team.

Eric, Funny how God can take a bad situation and change it for good in Joseph's situation. I'll see if I can locate the book at church and possibly save a little cash.
    http://www.hawknknives.com/

Second chances don't stop at two.....

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345