Welcome to KnifeDogs

A Family Friendly Knife Oriented Community Founded For Knifemakers, Collectors, & Enthusiasts.

•  » Forums for individual knife dealers.
  •  » Forums for businesses supporting the knife industry.
  •  » Knife makers individual forums for visiting, support and sales.
  •  » Forums for knives.

...then you have come to the right place!

we will try to help you with your problem.

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Tiller tines

Awesome Ray! I like the way you've changed up your handle a bit, it all still flows like a Richard knife. Great sheath too. I wish I was smart enough to copy you. Good going, thanks for sharing the pics.
    Dave

Why doesn't Tarzan have a beard?

Website

Dang Ray , you make an awesome knife , I really admire you.
    9-11-01 We Will Never Forget , so watch your back you know who you are.

www.OliverKnives.com

Hi Ray, I was thinkin 01 steel also, as they use it for grader blades I believe. Gotta be good abrasion resistant and reasonsbly priced steel for all the work they do with it. I've got some grader blades I cut pieces off of for cutoff hardies. Gotta forge a blade from it some day. Hey that is one dried out lookin pretzel there.

Quote Originally Posted by Martin Brandt View Post
    Hi Ray, I was thinkin 01 steel also, as they use it for grader blades I believe. Gotta be good abrasion resistant and reasonsbly priced steel for all the work they do with it. I've got some grader blades I cut pieces off of for cutoff hardies. Gotta forge a blade from it some day. Hey that is one dried out lookin pretzel there.

Marty, I've got a blade that may have come off a grader. Haven't done a thing with it but have always thought "S" series steel was the norm for that kind of use.

As for the pretzel Its actually a cross cut piece of moose antler. I was surprised at how solid it was in the middle. It is pretty dry.

Was Eric able to help you with your sheath questions? How about a picture of it if you have it done.......
    http://www.hawknknives.com/

Second chances don't stop at two.....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12