Welcome to KnifeDogs

A Family Friendly Knife Oriented Community Founded For Knifemakers, Collectors, & Enthusiasts.

•  » Forums for individual knife dealers.
  •  » Forums for businesses supporting the knife industry.
  •  » Knife makers individual forums for visiting, support and sales.
  •  » Forums for knives.

...then you have come to the right place!

we will try to help you with your problem.

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!

Thread: In the pile

In the pile

Having lost interest in making knives for a few months I finally got the urge to start making again. The desire to make sheaths hasn't come back very strong but I do plan on doing that next before I have to many knives needing them. The two longer blades are W-2. Can't remember what the shorter blade is. Two of the handles are masur birch and one is curly birch that Kip had sent me a few months ago. Nice wood, takes a stain or dye real well. All the fittings are bronze.

The knives are not 100% done. There being held together with the nut. I'll finish them up after I get the sheaths done.

http://www.hawknknives.com/

Second chances don't stop at two.....

Looking good Ray as always! If I could make three knives that needed sheaths I'd be in hog heaven. Recently I had two in that state, only one sheath left to make and that'll get put together today. So we're finally in a similar boat. Your non-knife period didn't last anywhere near as long as mine did - a year and a half this time. And believe me when I say, it's not like riding a bicycle. I forgot how to grind and even got some process steps confused. Messed with my head big time. I have a ways to go to get my grinding chops back, that's for sure...

Glad to see some beautiful Richard knives laying out there! I missed the inspiration. Have a great Sunday.
    Dave

Why doesn't Tarzan have a beard?

Website

Looking good, you haven't lost your skills. Don't forget to post your sheaths when you get around to completing them too.

I cannot tell you how happy I am to check in and see new knives! I love your work.

Quote Originally Posted by kimsalls View Post
    I cannot tell you how happy I am to check in and see new knives! I love your work.
    Kim, Thanks for stopping by!
    http://www.hawknknives.com/

Second chances don't stop at two.....