Welcome to KnifeDogs

A Family Friendly Knife Oriented Community Founded For Knifemakers, Collectors, & Enthusiasts.

•  » Forums for individual knife dealers.
  •  » Forums for businesses supporting the knife industry.
  •  » Knife makers individual forums for visiting, support and sales.
  •  » Forums for knives.

...then you have come to the right place!

we will try to help you with your problem.

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!

Thread: "Rocky" the flying turtle

"Rocky" the flying turtle

Seems like ever since I got into doing the new style sheaths an artistic side of me has started to come out. Here's a couple pictures of my latest project made from a piece of wrought iron wagon wheel. Right now its balancing on a piece of telegraph wire I sharpened to a point. Still got the base to make and have a few ideas I'm wanting to try. This is some wagon wheel that Wayne had given me. Actually the piece of iron telegraph wire came from him also.

When I started on this project I had no final outcome. Cut a basic shape out of the wagon wheel and just started forging blindly before I saw the turtle.

http://www.hawknknives.com/

Second chances don't stop at two.....

Which edge cuts Ray!? That is sweet. It's nice to see your artistic side too. Can't wait for the Gumby edition... (Hint!)
    Dave

Why doesn't Tarzan have a beard?

Website

Now there's something you dont see everyday! I like watching the hummingbirds at my feeders outside my livingroom window....will this thing scare them away?
    I like that your trying new things. It's what gets you up in the morning.
    What are you gonna do if the next piece of wrought has a flying elephant in it?
    Eric Troyer
    Lagrange Custom Knives
    lagrangecustomknives@embarqmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by Lagrange View Post
    Now there's something you dont see everyday! I like watching the hummingbirds at my feeders outside my livingroom window....will this thing scare them away?
    I like that your trying new things. It's what gets you up in the morning.
    What are you gonna do if the next piece of wrought has a flying elephant in it?
    Eric, I think humming birds are braver than you give the credit for. This turtle is only around 8" long and 5"+ at the front flippers.

Quote Originally Posted by Raymond Richard View Post
    Eric, I think humming birds are braver than you give the credit for. This turtle is only around 8" long and 5"+ at the front flippers.
    That's interesting Ray, it's larger than I thought from the photos. Very cool. I dig it when people stretch out and let their imagination run wild; yours has a very pleasant bent. Nice work, looking forward to more.
    Dave

Why doesn't Tarzan have a beard?

Website

Very cool, Ray. The fluid motion it conveys captures the grace of the creature. Nicely done.
    mike fitzgerald

Quote Originally Posted by fitzo View Post
    Very cool, Ray. The fluid motion it conveys captures the grace of the creature. Nicely done.
    Mike, I tried to capture some of what I use with the knives in this turtle. Just a little bend in the right place makes a big difference. Has your wife still got that medallion or what ever it was a made that you liked so much? I can't remember what it was anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Raymond Richard View Post
    Mike, I tried to capture some of what I use with the knives in this turtle. Just a little bend in the right place makes a big difference. Has your wife still got that medallion or what ever it was a made that you liked so much? I can't remember what it was anymore.
    Sorry I am slow to answer, Ray. Was feeling poorly for a bit and didn't do much Internet.

It is a heart about 1.25" long, forge finish, with four chambers and has a leather-cord braided necklace. While she doesn't wear much in the way of spangles anymore, she still knew exactly where it was.
    mike fitzgerald

Quote Originally Posted by fitzo View Post
    Sorry I am slow to answer, Ray. Was feeling poorly for a bit and didn't do much Internet.

It is a heart about 1.25" long, forge finish, with four chambers and has a leather-cord braided necklace. While she doesn't wear much in the way of spangles anymore, she still knew exactly where it was.
    Mike, I'd never have remember what it was. Glad she still has it. Its not an antique but it was made by one.

Here's a picture of Rocky all done with its new and improved stand.