Welcome to KnifeDogs

A Family Friendly Knife Oriented Community Founded For Knifemakers, Collectors, & Enthusiasts.

•  » Forums for individual knife dealers.
  •  » Forums for businesses supporting the knife industry.
  •  » Knife makers individual forums for visiting, support and sales.
  •  » Forums for knives.

...then you have come to the right place!

we will try to help you with your problem.

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A couple in saw steel

A couple in saw steel

Here's a project I just finished up. Both have saw steel blades that I believe to be L-6. The top one has a curly bubinga handle and the bottom one sambar stag. They both have aluminum bronze fittings that have been antiqued. Both blades are just over 5", the stag handled one being the largest at just over 10".

Last edited by Raymond Richard; 05-26-2012 at 12:38 PM.
    http://www.hawknknives.com/

Second chances don't stop at two.....

Beautiful work as always Raymond.
    Murph

Yeah, those are freakin awesome man. I love the stag one more than its brother, but they are both prime gents. I'd sure love to be a fly on the wall in your shop some day. You do amazing work. Thanks for sharing Ray!
    Dave

Why doesn't Tarzan have a beard?

Website

Here's a couple more I finished up yesterday. The long bladed knife is from a piece of 64 Mercury Comet leaf spring and the small bowie is more saw steel.

Last edited by Raymond Richard; 05-27-2012 at 09:55 AM.

I love those knives! The straight one makes me think of a Scandinavian knife somehow, which I love. But my favorite between the two (if I have to choose one) would be the short bowie. I think it's the handle that pulls me to it as much as anything, but that wicked blade ain't hurting its vote either! Beautiful work as always Ray, and as always a total inspiration. I wish I could be half as prolific as you, even making full time (which I probably won't get to do for a long time). Thanks for sharing your awesome work! It's good for all of us.

I had to edit to say those sheaths just rock!
    Last edited by ddavelarsen; 05-27-2012 at 09:58 AM.
    Dave

Why doesn't Tarzan have a beard?

Website

Dave, You just saw my Scandinavian side. You are my number one Fan!

Great looking knives. Esp the bowie and the long blade..mike

Raymond I love the knives, I always am impressed with your work but, I got to ask about the sheaths!

Are they leather?

You got to tell me more about these! I really love the style. They appear to be formed leather but would really love to see them from the other side and how the heck are you doing that look?

Those caught my eye on another post and now I just got to know more about those sheaths!
    C Craft Customs
    With every custom knife I build I try to accomplish three things. I want that knife to look so good you just have to pick it up, feel so good in your hand you can't wait to try it, and once you use it, you never want to put it down !
    If I capture those three factors in each knife I build, I am assured the knife will become a piece that is used and treasured by its owner!

C Craft

I just love your your sheaths.

Quote Originally Posted by C Craft View Post
    Raymond I love the knives, I always am impressed with your work but, I got to ask about the sheaths!

Are they leather?

You got to tell me more about these! I really love the style. They appear to be formed leather but would really love to see them from the other side and how the heck are you doing that look?

Those caught my eye on another post and now I just got to know more about those sheaths!
    I think if you look at my Wizard post I go a little into the making of the sheaths. They are indeed leather however I may use other things for accents like computer cable or cord. Pretty sure that's what I used for all the heavy lines on all the sheaths in this post. Guess the real secrete is all my sheaths are two different plys of leather. An inner sheath that is wet set to the knife. After that drys out I can add what ever I want to the outside of the inner sheath. After I have that done I cover with the second layer of leather.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast