sde.jpg
    82.2 KB · Views: 14
  • sdee.jpg
    sdee.jpg
    59.5 KB · Views: 25
  • sdeee.jpg
    sdeee.jpg
    87 KB · Views: 15
Man I have to say I admire the amount of work that goes into a sheath like that! Well done, well done indeed! :35:

I have a couple of questions.

The bottom portion of the sheath, is that the back side of the leather you used?

How do you go about attaching the tack heads?

I know how I have done the tacks in the past but not sure if that is the best way. I have laid out the tacks and then punch a hole with a needle awl. I then clip the length of the tacks point to keep it from coming thru inside, and put a drop of epoxy under the head and push or hammer into place. This way depends on the tack being held by the epoxy. Like I said not sure if that is the best way to do this or not but thought I would try and pic your brain on the subject! I once asked another maker this same question and he would not respond to me so if you don't want to share a trade secret I will understand! :57:

C Craft yes it is the back side. On the tack setting I nail them so they stick out the inside. Next I take a side cutter and cut them off flush. Next I take a very small nail setter and hit them on the inside with the head on a hard rubber mat . 3/8 in rubber laid on a slab of granite. When hitting the prong with the nail setter it will bend the prong over and leave it recessed beneth the leather so it will not touch anything. Hope this helps.. If you have any more ? please feel free to ask.KT

Last edited:
You crossed the line this time, no going back to those shiney ones!
Outstanding Terry, hope you are wintering well....

Back