Welcome to KnifeDogs

A Family Friendly Knife Oriented Community Founded For Knifemakers, Collectors, & Enthusiasts.

•  » Forums for individual knife dealers.
  •  » Forums for businesses supporting the knife industry.
  •  » Knife makers individual forums for visiting, support and sales.
  •  » Forums for knives.

...then you have come to the right place!

we will try to help you with your problem.

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: the Bible

Quote Originally Posted by One View Post
    I think God is just as much on the inside as outside. I mostly hear God coming from inside me when quiet and still. I think God will speak to anyone who will listen, whether through the bible, nature or through your own heart.

The best part is, everyone seems to hear something different...

The bible is very mysterious to me... I've read it several times cover to cover, and still don't understand the totality of it. It's like trying to pour the ocean into a paper cup.
    One,

I believe parts of the Bible are meant to be mysterious. It allows us to go on Faith. I find myself using the word Hope a great deal. Without Faith, Hope is just another word.

I look at the words that I started this thread with. To me those words are nothing more than instructions. Something most people skip over or feel there just there to fill a blank page.

The best part is, everyone seems to hear something different...

Pretty amazing, isn't it. How many people are there in this world, billions and we are all different! There may be a few twins like Harry and Charlie who probably look alike but who's spirits are different. For the last 18 years I've have raised a number of cows and when you come right down to it a cow is a cow even if they are different breeds. God put just enough in the cows head to be what it is.

Harry,

So much of what I see in this world is on the negative side. I just wanted to do something positive.

I keep finding myself going back and re reading the statement I started on the Bible. Funny I can remember something like what I'm about to do when I went to school. That alone is a miracle itself. I'm going to take this statement apart. I also have Webster close at hand for some of the words I'm not sure of.

The Bible contains the mind of God, (Can you imagine how large God's mind is?) the state of man, (pretty sorry and sad) the way of salvation, (Arrow pointing directly at Jesus Christ) the doom of sinners, (pretty obvious at whats being said here) and the happiness of believers.(Eternal life in heaven) Its doctrines are holy, (a rule or law coming from God) its precepts are binding, (a direction meant as a rule that we should be tied to) its histories are true,(God written or inspired by God) and it decisions are immutable.(NEVER CHANGING!) Read it to be wise,(wisdom, uses there head) believe it to be safe, (something different) and practice to be holy. (How different would things be if we did that) It contains light to direct you, (another arrow pointing up) food to support you,(very low calorie and all meat, no fat) and comfort to cheer you. (Your best friend)
    It is the traveler's map,(works anywhere, just open it up and your there) the pilgrim's staff, (a light weight cornerstone) the pilot's compass, (another arrow) the soldier's sword, (and don't forget the armor of God) and the Christian's charter.(setting forth the aims and principles of a united group, could be a church or how about even a country. I believe I heard of a country that once set up that way. Strange stuff going on here.) Here Paradise is restored, Heaven opened,(sounds like salvation) and the gates of hell disclosed. (here's a big negative)

Time for a break but the best is yet to come.

Chinook Guest

What a relief to read some good sense for a change...

Ray and all,
    We certainly live at a time in history when everythings seems to be changing faster than we can fully comprehend. I look and the news everyday and am stunned by the madness. It seems the whole country is stunned and cannot react. Great relief here Ray. Thank you!

Chinook
    1Peter2:6
    For in Scripture it says: "See, I lay a stone in Zion, a chosen and precious cornerstone, and the one who trusts in him will never be put to shame."

Quote Originally Posted by Chinook View Post
    Ray and all,
    We certainly live at a time in history when everythings seems to be changing faster than we can fully comprehend. I look and the news everyday and am stunned by the madness. It seems the whole country is stunned and cannot react. Great relief here Ray. Thank you!

Chinook
    For in Scripture it says: "See, I lay a stone in Zion, a chosen and precious cornerstone, and the one who trusts in him will never be put to shame."
    Let me introduce Chinook. He's been a long time friend and brother in Christ. He's also got one of the world's largest collections of Raymond Richard Knives except for my own. He's my fishing buddy and its at his house we meet for our men's Bible study. Pretty good fellow but a little crazy from time to time. Welcome and Please come back again!

Quote Originally Posted by Chinook View Post
    Ray and all,

Chinook

Chinook, welcome to the forum bro, it's very very good to see you here! I'm hoping to be in Oregon again soon, maybe we can play a few games of cards to try and diminish your collection of Ray's knives . Nah, truth be told I'm not very good and would likely lose the few that I have, lol.

Ray, I love your commentary on the Bible statement, there is a TON of truth in there!

Hello Chinook and welcome. Nice of you to open your home for the men's Bible study.
    Frontier Style Knives and Tomahawks

Quote Originally Posted by Raymond Richard View Post
    I keep finding myself going back and re reading the statement I started on the Bible. Funny I can remember something like what I'm about to do when I went to school. That alone is a miracle itself. I'm going to take this statement apart. I also have Webster close at hand for some of the words I'm not sure of.

The Bible contains the mind of God, (Can you imagine how large God's mind is?) the state of man, (pretty sorry and sad) the way of salvation, (Arrow pointing directly at Jesus Christ) the doom of sinners, (pretty obvious at whats being said here) and the happiness of believers.(Eternal life in heaven) Its doctrines are holy, (a rule or law coming from God) its precepts are binding, (a direction meant as a rule that we should be tied to) its histories are true,(God written or inspired by God) and it decisions are immutable.(NEVER CHANGING!) Read it to be wise,(wisdom, uses there head) believe it to be safe, (something different) and practice to be holy. (How different would things be if we did that) It contains light to direct you, (another arrow pointing up) food to support you,(very low calorie and all meat, no fat) and comfort to cheer you. (Your best friend)
    It is the traveler's map,(works anywhere, just open it up and your there) the pilgrim's staff, (a light weight cornerstone) the pilot's compass, (another arrow) the soldier's sword, (and don't forget the armor of God) and the Christian's charter.(setting forth the aims and principles of a united group, could be a church or how about even a country. I believe I heard of a country that once set up that way. Strange stuff going on here.) Here Paradise is restored, Heaven opened,(sounds like salvation) and the gates of hell disclosed. (here's a big negative)

Time for a break but the best is yet to come.
    CHRIST is its grand subject, our good the design, and the glory of God its end. (Lets save this for later)

It should fill the memory, rule the heart, and guide the feet. (Things that will happen to us when it is read. Could things start to happen while it is being read?) Read it slowly, frequently, and prayerfully. (More instructions) It is a mine of wealth, a paradise of glory, and a river of pleasure. (More things the Bible will become) It is given you in life, will be opened at the judgment, and be remembered for ever. (Sounds like a pretty good book) It involves the highest responsibility, (Something we should share with others) will reward the greatest labor, (A GOAL= Eternal Life) and will condemn all who trifle with its sacred contents. (Do not change, modify, or leave out.)

CHRIST is its grand subject, (Amen!) our good the design,(Jesus Christ came to save us, that is the design) and the glory of God its end. (Hallelujah)

... Just say "YES"!

Awesome thoughts Ray, I was hoping you would finish your commentary.

I was doing a little reading in it today (Luke 12) and I'm pretty sure He was talking to me about money, in a good way

Very nice thoughts Ray.
    Frontier Style Knives and Tomahawks

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast