Welcome to KnifeDogs

A Family Friendly Knife Oriented Community Founded For Knifemakers, Collectors, & Enthusiasts.

•  » Forums for individual knife dealers.
  •  » Forums for businesses supporting the knife industry.
  •  » Knife makers individual forums for visiting, support and sales.
  •  » Forums for knives.

...then you have come to the right place!

we will try to help you with your problem.

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!

Thread: How Many LadyDogs Are There?

How Many LadyDogs Are There?

This Forum Needed a New Post!
    When I first joined Knifedogs, I thought it was cool that there was a Forum for the Ladys'. Besides Darci, (Hi! Keep up the great work!), Miss Lora and Miss Kim, (Hi!) and Mrs. Murph, (Hi!) I don't see any others. If I missed you, Sorry.
    How Many Ladydogs Are There! I'm Proud to be a Knifedog. Like right now, I should be working, but I'm here instead. I'll be posting pictures soon of two knives I'm working on. Look for them in the Art Deco Forum.

Cathy

Embellisher of Skin, Bone, Horn & Metal

I want to see them Knives .!!!!!!!!!!!!! and for every man out there ------ theres a girl pushing them so I'd say about 6000 girl dogs out there LOL like my mom . she never says anything on this site but she's pushing us all the time , and theres 10 softball girls who bark everytime I wear my knifedog shirt to the practice or games so there lots of us LOL.
    Darci "Ironarmknives"" if fast pitch softball was easy they'd let boy's play"

sorry bump

I agree 200% Darci, but in my case, my Husband is the one pushing me. If he wasn't so attracted to shiny objects, like knives, I'd never have found this site and all you great people. I forgot to say "Hi!" to Kayla Minchew.
    We need more girl knifemakers!!! How 'bout girls making knives for girls to carry and collect?
    Cathy

I agree with both of you. I've made 7 knives and frankly have no use for them, except a couple of kitchen knives. (Each of which I could have bought for a fraction of the time and expense of making my own.) But I love making them. Why? Because each one is a sculpture, an artistic expression. Like Darci's No.9, she had to design it and then execute the design, very well mind you. Anyone who has ground a knife knows that many decisions had to be thought out and made before the knife was finished. But back to the artistic part. The selection of material and creation of a design is infinite, that's what is so enjoyable and there is no reason you ladies should not join in the fun. I think that if they realized it doesn't take "manly" strength to grind a knife they would enjoy the design and selection of material. There's nothing like the first time you polish brass or stainless steel to a shiny luster to hook you on the "jewerly" aspect of making a knife.

Darci, I wish you could get the young ladies of your softball team to take a stab, pardon the pun, at making a kitchen knife or two. I bet they would enjoy it and provide additional revenue for your team!

Quote Originally Posted by Sticks View Post
    Darci, I wish you could get the young ladies of your softball team to take a stab, pardon the pun, at making a kitchen knife or two. I bet they would enjoy it and provide additional revenue for your team!
    O NO !!!!!!! That wouldn't be very smart some of them girls cant even get out of their own way NO NO NO Knives for them LOL LOL LOL

Aww! You could help 'em just get them to pick the handle material and show them how pretty a piece of stainless steel buffs out. Get some cheap flat ground A2 and let 'em design the knives. You do the blade grind and tell 'em its for a good cause. Ha!

Course all that said my wife will have nothing to do with making a knife, except say my kitchen knives are too heavy, but she's missing out!