Welcome to KnifeDogs

A Family Friendly Knife Oriented Community Founded For Knifemakers, Collectors, & Enthusiasts.

•  » Forums for individual knife dealers.
  •  » Forums for businesses supporting the knife industry.
  •  » Knife makers individual forums for visiting, support and sales.
  •  » Forums for knives.

...then you have come to the right place!

we will try to help you with your problem.

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: UPDATE! Wed Night Knife Chat is back!!!

UPDATE! Wed Night Knife Chat is back!!!

Hi Everyone!

Today is Wed, and tonight will be the first night back for my Knife Chat with the new software.
    To get to the chat, you can follow this link: http://www.caffreyknives.net/Chat.html

That link will take you to the "lead in" page for the chat. At the bottom of the page you will find a link that will take to the chat room. For security reasons, the link that actually takes you to the chat room will not be active until a couple of hours before chat is scheduled, then will be removed after chat is over.

If anybody is interested in helping with Admin duties on the chat, let me know and I can send you a list of commands for Administrators, along with the password that will allow you to execute the commands.

There may still be a few bugs in the chat software, but I intend to give it a good test and then have the software developer fix anything, along with modifying a few appearance things. It's going to cost $100 per hour for the developer to "fix" anything, so I want to have as complete a list of "fixes" as possible before I go to him.

Let's try to gather as many folks as possible for chat, and give it a good "work out" tonight! Chat time is 9pm EST, 8pm CST, 7pm MST, and 6pm PST.

www.caffreyknives.net
    Caffreyknives@Gmail.com

"Nobody cares what you know.....until they know you care."
    Visit me at Table 2R at the Blade Show!

Hi Ed,

Good to 'visit' with you yesterday on the new chat format. Seemed to work great from my seat. I don't know what it was like behind the scenes, but it didn't look like it needed any real fixing.

Thanks for the efforts, Craig

Thanks Craig!

I was hoping that folks would give me input on how they liked it....about the only thing I miss from previous chat software we used is the ability to adjust the size of the font.....I always adjusted the font to 14pt for easy viewing....the current chat seems to be 10pt font only.

www.caffreyknives.net
    Caffreyknives@Gmail.com

Ed,

Sorry I missed you guys last night. I completely lost track of time.
    Murph

Just to let everyone know....when you come to my chat room, I ask that you use YOUR NAME when you login (or at least one that is reconginzable) This is so myself and the others know who is in the room. Last night we had two individuals who signed in as "Guest" and I asked them both to sign out and sign back in again with their name(s).....one of was good about it, and the other ignored my request......I gave it about 30 seconds and then kicked him out. After my previous experiences with trolls and hackers, I'll keep a pretty tight rein on this chat room. John Doyle is another who has Admin powers, and I've asked him to operate in the same manner.

The best idea is to just take the time to read the rules on the lead-in page, obey them, and everything will be fine.

www.caffreyknives.net
    Caffreyknives@Gmail.com

Hey Ed, congratulations on getting your new chat up and running. I'd love to come join you guys but I'm usually heading to bed about the time you're getting cranked up good.

About that font size; you might try Control+, that will often make pages and fonts larger. Control- makes them smaller.

Good luck,
    Carey
    Everything you do says something about who and what you are so ALWAYS sign your work with excellence.

You are cordially invited to check out my web site:
    Handmade Knives by Carey Quinn

Ed,

Sorry I missed the test run of the new and improved chat. Had to go to Pennsylvania tuesday on very short notice.

I'm looking forward to Wed night's chat though.

-Josh
    Check out the pics in my profile album *UPDATED 6/2011*
    ~ABS Apprentice smith~

Hi Ed...
    I'm just like Carey..I'm generally sacked out by 8:00pm so it's very difficult for me to stay awake for the chat. Had the same problem with Ed Fowler's
    Knifetalk on Wednesday nights..oh well!!

OK, I got a solution for those of you who hit the bed early.....just move WEST! Just kidding!

www.caffreyknives.net
    Caffreyknives@Gmail.com

Ed,

Just wanted to ask about chat tonight. I tried to stop in last week but kept getting an error message- "file not found" so I thought I'd ask if we're on for chat tonight ?

Figured you and everyone else were probably in crunch mode prepping for Blade.

Take care Buddy, Josh
    Check out the pics in my profile album *UPDATED 6/2011*
    ~ABS Apprentice smith~

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast