Welcome to KnifeDogs

A Family Friendly Knife Oriented Community Founded For Knifemakers, Collectors, & Enthusiasts.

•  » Forums for individual knife dealers.
  •  » Forums for businesses supporting the knife industry.
  •  » Knife makers individual forums for visiting, support and sales.
  •  » Forums for knives.

...then you have come to the right place!

we will try to help you with your problem.

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: What guns could you not give up?

Two I could not give up - My father's Sears Model 53 30-06 and his 30-30 Marlin. Both are nearly as old as he is which is saying something. The 30-06 is basically a pre '64 Winchester Model 70 that's store branded. I have personally witnessed him making two killing shots in excess of 500 yards prone in poor light so I know the gun is a real keeper, regardless of it being 20 years ago and the family value. As for ones I've bought, my 2000'ish vintage Springfield 1911A1 has done general duty as a handgun for all tasks for years and my own Remington 700 .300 Win and 870 12 gauge round out it all. Rock, I hear you on the model 85, mine is a ultralight .38 that I find very comforting. I had the 651 CIA in .357 but the additional weight in the same package convinced me to switch over, as I was typically stuffing it with high quality .38 rounds anyhow. The full-power .357 was barely on a leash in that small of a package. I figure I'm well equipped if not well trained!

Fortes fortuna adiuvat - www.blackwolfarmory.com

My Browning P-35 Hi-Power 9mm, & S & W M66 .357 for close and personal My Yugo 7.62 x 39 SKS for down the block and for longer my Russian Mosin-Nagant 1892 Sniper with scope in 7.62 x 54 to reach out and touch someone and my Remington Police 12 ga, I also have a assortment of .22 cal, in bolt and semi that aren't going anywhere.
    I loved my .45 cal 1911's but after two back surgery's and lots of neck pain it now takes to long for follow up shots! With the 9mm I could severely ventilate them with follow up rounds very quickly if need be?

That's all I have left now! I sold the rest to get married a few years back!

Laurence

www.rhinoknives.com

I would not give up my 1st generation FNH ps90 (5.7 x 28), FNH 5.7, or my Browning Hi-Power and I would definitely keep my Mossburg 500 12ga.. In my circumstances, these would be enough. ...Teddy
    Don't take life too seriously-----you'll never live through it.

My air rifle ( http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=q4eYmWJQSqU ) no need to rely on a supply chain for ammo, the propellent is what we breath, and projectiles can be cast yourself.

Zeb

Zab that is one cool rifle! Did you build it? I would love to have something like that someday.

I'm not giving up any of my guns, period.

Brad, I machined everything on that air rifle except the barrel and fill valve. I still need to make a stock for it yet, as well as fitting a longer barrel. The big bore stuff is tons of fun

Zeb

Not to take this thread off the rails but I'm a BIG fan of large-bore air guns. Some of the custom builders are getting surprising muzzle energy from what I've seen.
    Fortes fortuna adiuvat - www.blackwolfarmory.com

Guns is Guns!
    The Lewis & Clark core of discovery team was given a state of the art air rifle in case they ran out of powder.

The used it for hunting with great results and to impress the different tribes as they moved west in the country.
    The natives had never seen a air rifle before and were mystified by the rifle with no bang or smoke!

Read the book, Undaunted Courage.

Laurence

www.rhinoknives.com

I'll give you the no smoke thing, but no bang on a big bore air rifle is a myth

Zeb

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast