PDA

View Full Version : Status update

Tyson
05-23-2010, 01:25 PM
So first of all, I am not out of business. I have shut my site down for a little while. I have a lot going on right now and I needed a break. Most of my repeat customers generally contact me directly so it only affected the new customers and I apologize for that. This is a side business and I do it in my spare time, unfortunately life has it's ups and downs and I don't have much spare time right now. If I'm completely honest, then frustration also played a part in shutting it down. While I met many great people since I started, there is always the other side to it. I am frustrated at people misrepresenting my carbon as something else. I supply a lot of the knife supply companies so not everyone deals with me directly and as a result I have seen it being called everything from F-22 to Boeing 787 scrap. I've also seen a rise in other people calling their products "aerospace" grade. The only thing I can compare it to is being a knifemaker and having you're design stolen. I am a CAD designer in the aerospace field as my day job and this is what has allowed me to make my business contacts and everything I sell except the Marbled CF is actually aerospace material. I'm 4 years into a 10 year contract with my supplier guaranteeing me exclusive rights to their material so there are no others with access to this stuff. Any of my regular customers can attest to the quality and no one else comes close. That's quite simply because it would cost more to make it than what I sell it for. Sorry if I offend anyone with this but that's what is on my mind. I've chosen to make this statement on Knifedogs because I have not had a single bad experience with anybody on this forum and I feel a certain trust here that I don't feel on any other forums.

Tyson

Jeff Pearce
05-23-2010, 01:29 PM
I really like the carbon fiber i just got from you. It is the best I have seen...

J. ROSA
05-23-2010, 01:34 PM
I have a small stock pile I am just starting to burn through and other projects coming up. Sorry about the frustrations but I am happy to hear that it does not encompass your entire experience in dealing with the knifemaking community. I wish you well.

BossDog
05-23-2010, 03:01 PM
Tyson,
Thanks for you trust in KnifeDogs. We will do our best not to let you down.
t

Bill Coye
05-23-2010, 03:21 PM
I've got two knives on the bench that are going to wear your CF.

I'll be back for more.

Thanks again!

BC

Jake Mello
05-23-2010, 07:16 PM
Sorry to hear of the frustrations. But thanks for the update. I have one done with some of your satin, as well as two more on the bench, one with 670 and the other with 690. I will get pic's to you as soon as all three are done.

Thanks again, love your CF and your prices,
Jake

mwalx30123
05-27-2010, 08:49 PM
It's always good to vent and great to have a place to do it.

I know I'm eager to get some of your marbled CF for a few projects coming up.

Rick Haney Design
05-29-2010, 01:09 PM
Tyson,Rest assured your CF is the real deal!I've bought CF where they claim it's aerospace grade it was not!Your's is in fact remnants from real aerospace assembly plant.You provide the highest quality goods available to knifemakers,Thank You!:D

Tyson
05-30-2010, 06:55 PM
Thanks guys, I appreciate the kind words. It was not my intention to go off on a tangent there, I just wanted everyone to know that I was still in business and the site will be back up soon. As mwalx30123 said, it is nice to vent once in awhile and although not professional, it is what it is. So my site will be back up in a few days with a few changes, I have also started a new site for a little side project called CarbonFiberChopsticks.com which has actually taken off quite well. They've been featured on several well known gadget sites and even made it on the front page of CNN Asia in the last few months. My point is that I've heard every joke possible with these and yes I know that they are expensive and you can live without them, however they continue to sell very well. Please check it out, I would love any feedback any chopstick user could offer and any ideas anyone would be willing to share of products they would like to see. Larry at Blade Art will be showing off a couple of custom sets at Blade this year if you get a chance to check them out. I won't be making it to Blade this year, too much going on right now but I will be there next year.