PDA

View Full Version : Something to look at.......

Raymond Richard
09-05-2009, 08:30 PM
Here's an archive my web mater Marvin put together for me: http://www.hawknknives.com/archive/index.html

Eli Gautreaux
09-05-2009, 09:52 PM
WOW!!!

That is spectacular Ray. I've been collecting pictures of your work here and there, but nothing compared to the magnitude of what he put together.

Where did all these knives go??? I've only seen 3 of your blades come up for sale secondhand, including Gary's knife. People obviously don't like to give up your work, and I understand why.

Eli Gautreaux
09-05-2009, 10:20 PM
Oh man, I made my way through it and found a couple that really appealed to me... There's still a whole week before the show, if I make a couple requests can you get them done by Friday :) :)

Lorien
09-15-2009, 11:23 PM
I done bookmarked that thar page!

Raymond Richard
09-15-2009, 11:53 PM
I done bookmarked that thar page!

Lorien, Nice to see you around! If I hadn't spent the afternoon fishing I would have gotten an email off to you. I'll do it tomorrow. Thanks again for dropping by!

David Wesner
09-16-2009, 05:49 AM
Ray, I never get tired of looking at your work !

It's first rate/top shelf, and you my friend ......... are simply a class act !!

Tell Marvin ..... "Thanks" ;)

2thumbs

Lorien
09-16-2009, 08:39 AM
Lorien, Nice to see you around! If I hadn't spent the afternoon fishing I would have gotten an email off to you. I'll do it tomorrow. Thanks again for dropping by!

My pleasure Ray:) Thanks so much for the invite to this place.

Raymond Richard
09-16-2009, 09:30 AM
Ray, I never get tired of looking at your work !

It's first rate/top shelf, and you my friend ......... are simply a class act !!

Tell Marvin ..... "Thanks" ;)

2thumbs

David, Thank you! What a nice thing to read right when I'm just waking up!

Stuart Willis
09-16-2009, 06:02 PM
Very nice Raymond

Fiddleback
09-17-2009, 09:14 PM
Man. Thats pretty. The whole thing. I love the gravel floor in the shop. I hate sweeping mine.

Raymond Richard
09-17-2009, 10:17 PM
Man. Thats pretty. The whole thing. I love the gravel floor in the shop. I hate sweeping mine.

A no sweep floor. Need to rake every 3 years. :D

BowtownBlade
09-18-2009, 06:14 AM
I have this one, Raymond, do you by any chance remember what leather you used to make the sheath with.

Eli Gautreaux
09-18-2009, 07:42 AM
Nice blade Ron. I wasn't aware of Damascus pieces by Ray, when is that from?

Raymond Richard
09-18-2009, 09:21 AM
I have this one, Raymond, do you by any chance remember what leather you used to make the sheath with.

I do remember making that one. I had picked up some scrape piece of leather at Oregon Leather. I think that piece is supposed to resemble ostrich but I don't think the animal it came from had feathers. One of the very few damascus blades I have ever done. Maybe 1996. I didn't quite know how to forge then but did a lot of practicing not to mention hollow grinds ruled for me back then.

BowtownBlade
09-18-2009, 11:29 AM
I got this knife second hand, or third, I do not know, what I do know it is one of my favorite knives, it looks much better then it does in the photo.

I was hoping you would remember about the sheath, it is a very soft leather, still very tough, I have had several sheath makers look at it, nobody knows what kind of leather it is.

Thanks for making such neat stuff 2thumbs

Raymond Richard
09-18-2009, 01:58 PM
I got this knife second hand, or third, I do not know, what I do know it is one of my favorite knives, it looks much better then it does in the photo.

I was hoping you would remember about the sheath, it is a very soft leather, still very tough, I have had several sheath makers look at it, nobody knows what kind of leather it is.

Thanks for making such neat stuff 2thumbs

Ron after looking at it again that could also be imatation allegator. When I bought it I believe there was two different types I got.