PDA

View Full Version : oldmen

Raymond Richard
02-15-2010, 12:12 PM
Two medical students were walking along the street when they saw an old man walking with his legs spread apart. He was stiff-legged and walking slowly.

One student said to his friend: "I'm sure that poor old man has Peltry Syndrome. Those people walk just like that."

The other student says: "No, I don't think so. The old man surely has Zovitzki Syndrome. He walks slowly and his legs are apart, just as we learned in class."

Since they couldn't agree they decided to ask the old man.. They approached him and one of the students said to him, "We're medical students and couldn't help but notice the way you walk, but we couldn't agree on the syndrome you might have. Could you tell us what it is?"

The old man said, "I'll tell you, but first you tell me what you two fine medical students think."

The first student said, "I think it's Peltry Syndrome."
The old man said, "You thought - but you are wrong."

The other student said, "I think you have Zovitzki Syndrome."

So they asked him, "Well, old timer, what do you have?"

The old man said, "I thought it was GAS - but I was wrong, too!" :eek:

Raymond Richard
02-15-2010, 12:13 PM
Two medical students were walking along the street when they saw an old man walking with his legs spread apart. He was stiff-legged and walking slowly.

One student said to his friend: "I'm sure that poor old man has Peltry Syndrome. Those people walk just like that."

The other student says: "No, I don't think so. The old man surely has Zovitzki Syndrome. He walks slowly and his legs are apart, just as we learned in class."

Since they couldn't agree they decided to ask the old man.. They approached him and one of the students said to him, "We're medical students and couldn't help but notice the way you walk, but we couldn't agree on the syndrome you might have. Could you tell us what it is?"

The old man said, "I'll tell you, but first you tell me what you two fine medical students think."

The first student said, "I think it's Peltry Syndrome."

The other student said, "I think you have Zovitzki Syndrome."

So they asked him, "Well, old timer, what do you have?"

The old man said, "I thought it was GAS - but I was wrong, too!" :eek:

Thanks Marvin!

bubba-san
02-15-2010, 12:47 PM
:D:D:D:D:D

Paul Keranen
02-15-2010, 04:30 PM
:haha:

Eli Gautreaux
02-15-2010, 08:52 PM
How old do you have to be to call that an "insider joke" :D

LR Adkins
02-15-2010, 10:30 PM
:haha: Good one Ray

Larry

Raymond Richard
02-16-2010, 12:29 AM
How old do you have to be to call that an "insider joke" :D

Just 40.....

JAWilliams
02-16-2010, 01:00 AM
That is funny!!!!!!

Bruce Barnett
02-16-2010, 07:31 PM
Thanks Ray, I needed that

Eli Gautreaux
02-16-2010, 09:14 PM
Just 40.....

I'm in 2thumbs 2thumbs

Raymond Richard
02-17-2010, 01:06 AM
Thanks Ray, I needed that

Bruce, Glad I was able to help!

Eli, Its all up hill after 40. Just make sure you use more caution or you could be walking funny to. :D

Marc C
02-24-2010, 10:16 PM
Hi Ray,

I though I would make my first post here. It seemed appropriate.

Your joke reminded me of the time I was riding a “Jeepnee” along a bush track in the Philippines. I was hanging off the side (as it was typically over crowded) trying to avoid getting hit by branches. Both the inside and the roof were full of villages travelling back home from the market I guess. Anyway one an old villager was sitting on the roof approximately level with my head and he lets rip with the loudest (& wettest) sounding fart. Before I had thought about it, I turned to him and said to him very loudly that he should “check his pants for lumps”. He either didn’t understand what I had said or wasn’t very amused, but one of the other villages did and he started laughing hysterically.

I'm sure there is moral to this story, I just can't think of one right now....

Marc

Raymond Richard
02-24-2010, 11:38 PM
Hi Ray,

I though I would make my first post here. It seemed appropriate.

Your joke reminded me of the time I was riding a “Jeepnee” along a bush track in the Philippines. I was hanging off the side (as it was typically over crowded) trying to avoid getting hit by branches. Both the inside and the roof were full of villages travelling back home from the market I guess. Anyway one an old villager was sitting on the roof approximately level with my head and he lets rip with the loudest (& wettest) sounding fart. Before I had thought about it, I turned to him and said to him very loudly that he should “check his pants for lumps”. He either didn’t understand what I had said or wasn’t very amused, but one of the other villages did and he started laughing hysterically.

I'm sure there is moral to this story, I just can't think of one right now....

Marc

Just be thankful it wasn't the oldman at the start of this thread who thought it was gas......

I was working on a small church in Fukuoka, Japan in 97. On that day I was hanging sheet rock. I had about a 1/3 of a sheet I needed to install in a window bay on the celling. It was a pretty tight spot so I had to force it up while I was staining and focusing on what I was doing. The rock got bound up a little so I forced a little bit more and ended up producing a minor typhoon. What made it even more funny one of the local's was only about 3' away from ground zero. He found out first hand why us American's have such big butts.

Marc C
02-25-2010, 11:06 PM
Thats one way to break the cultural ice. :D

I was told by my brother-in-law that in a certain part of Italy (I think) if you fart loudly in someone elses presence its a sign you intend to kill them. He apparantly learnt this first hand. Apparantly he was sitting down having a meal at someones house when a visitor apparantly "let rip" as he was leaving the house. My brother-in-law started to laugh (as you would) but was told that it was not a laughing matter & should be taken very seriously. the above explaination was provided to him. :unsure:

I would hate to think what "messing" your pants would mean.... All out war maybe. 2guns