PDA

View Full Version : I KEEP USING HIS STEEL. . .

David Broadwell
01-30-2010, 10:59 AM
. . . might as well show it off here!

Here are some pictures of the latest knife I completed with Delbert's steel, a large sub hilt fighter. It's about 10" of ladder pattern, with 416 stainless fittings and stabilized spalted box elder burl. As usual, the steel was great!

Finding Delbert and his steel has been a real benefit to me. (Thanks Don Cowles!) His steel has been excellent for both my knives and my pens (trying to figure out where it will fit on my motorcycle), I've learned a lot of new technical information and it wasn't boring, and he's become a friend.

Forgive the pics. Jim Cooper I'm not!

David

Rock
01-30-2010, 11:06 AM
? ? ? ? ? huh1

David Broadwell
01-30-2010, 11:11 AM
? ? ? ? ? huh1

Try it now Rock. I hit the wrong button!

David

Rock
01-30-2010, 11:25 AM
Now you got it, David. I can see why you wanted to show it off. Beautiful piece.

LR Adkins
01-30-2010, 11:43 AM
Hi David, That is a beautiful knife. It seems like Delbert's damascus is addicting. I can hardly wait until I can get a piece from him.

When I get to where I can showcase his steel like you do I'll order some.

Larry

David Broadwell
01-30-2010, 11:56 AM
Thanks Larry and Rock.

Larry, I could say so many good things about Del and his steel it would embarrass him, and he'd have to pay me for being his advertising director! Seriously, give the man a call and get yourself a billet of his steel. It's clean and easy to work with, makes a great presentation knife, and would make a fine working knife. As a matter of fact, the next folder I make for myself will have a billet of Del's steel for the blade (going to see how bad a fat Texas boy's summer time sweat will cause rust!). It doesn't cure baldness or heal skinned heads, but he's working on it!

David

stabber
01-30-2010, 01:06 PM
I'm not much for Sub Hilts David:D But Dang!! She is a beauty!!!2thumbs

David Broadwell
01-30-2010, 03:30 PM
I'm not much for Sub Hilts David:D

:haha:

Jeff Pearce
01-30-2010, 04:56 PM
:rolleyes:Nice bullet....