PDA

View Full Version : Donate

Lorien
01-22-2010, 09:32 PM
I've again donated to relief efforts for the horrendous suffering currently being experienced by the unfortunate people of Haiti.

I encourage you all to consider donating as well.

https://www.hopeforhaitinow.org/

Peter Killgore
01-22-2010, 11:17 PM
I'm hoping I'll be able to actually go down there and help out over spring break. My aunt and uncle have been missionaries down there for 28 years and if there organization doesn't pull them out, I might be able to go. They live right in downtown Port Au Prince so these past few days have been more than a little stressful. Still, God is in control.

Lorien
01-23-2010, 08:56 AM
there is a nine member group of organizations which are coordinating efforts under the banner 'hope for Haiti now'. It's a dot org website.

This is the same group of organizations under the leadership of ex presidents Clinton and Bush who put together the benefit television program which was aired all over the world last night.

Just type 'hope for haiti now' into your search engine and you will find all sorts of information.

This isn't your standard solicitation for help, where much of your money goes to back end costs. It's not political and it's not religious. It's the real deal and that money goes directly toward the people who are suffering post earthquake in Haiti.

Eli Gautreaux
01-23-2010, 11:21 AM
Peter, glad to hear your family is well, 28 years of serving in Haiti, they must be amazing people. I hope you get to go. Donating money is something we all can do, but few of us get the opportunity of hands on service. Let me know if you go and need help.

Raymond Richard
01-23-2010, 02:36 PM
I've know several who have done mission work in Haiti in the past but I think the ones I knew weren't there during the quake. I believe my good friend Heather will be heading there this next week.

Peter, I hope you'll be able to go!