PDA

View Full Version : Camillus Cutlery Co. Pilot's Survival Knife 1983 NEW sale

RMB Custom Leather.com
12-23-2009, 09:28 PM
Free shipping on orders from my site for KD members in the USA.
(will give international members a -$7.99 credit on international shipping cost.)

Camillus Cutlery Co. Pilot’s Survival Knife 1983 NEW $99.99

As you can see this knife has been in storage in its original packaging for several years and were never issued out to servicemen & women. I bought a case
(12) of these knives and the box was opened in front of me. The knives had been stored in the original leather sheath which was covered with the original plastic from the manufacturer. In the plastic there is also the original lanyard cord wrapped in the original paper, and the sharpening stone made by Norton Pike which is stored in a pouch on the sheath. Some of the knives have some small scratches, broken snaps and slight surface rust due to being stored for 27 years however they are new and unused. The case cardboard box and the sheath is dated 12/83 however the butt of the knife is stamped “Camillus N.Y. 10-1983”. This knife is a collector’s item for knife and military collector.

The manufacturer Camillus Cutlery Company was one of the oldest knife manufacturrs in the United States with roots dating back to 1876. The company manufactured Camillus branded knives and was a prolific contractor for other knife brands up until its last days in 2007 when the company filed for bankruptcy. Sadly Camillus closed it doors in February 2007, bring to an end this fine old brand that has yet to be fully recognized for its contributions to the cutlery industry spanning across parts of 3 centuries, from 1876 to 2007.

I know some collectors like items as original and undisturbed as possible. Please indicate if you would like the broken snaps repaired or left as is. In my opinion this knife is 100% due to it never being carried before however it has been in storage for several years and all are in the condition listed above. The knife pictured is just one of several so if you want a picture of the exact knife you will get contact me and I will take a picture and send it to you before it ships.

See pics

http://i916.photobucket.com/albums/ad6/rmbcustomleather/100_7901.jpg

http://i916.photobucket.com/albums/ad6/rmbcustomleather/100_7904.jpg

http://i916.photobucket.com/albums/ad6/rmbcustomleather/100_7906.jpg

http://i916.photobucket.com/albums/ad6/rmbcustomleather/100_7920.jpg

http://i916.photobucket.com/albums/ad6/rmbcustomleather/100_7915.jpg

1984 Camillus Cutlery Co. Catalog with knife featured on the cover. http://www.collectors-of-camillus.us/Catalogs/1984-Catalogs.pdf

John Barker
12-24-2009, 01:02 AM
Rob,
You need to have a price on your "for sale" item. The for sale section is not for auctions. I know you are new and I'll give you the benefit of the doubt this time. Please either set a price on your item and sell it here or edit your post and sell it on ebay. What you're doing here is borderline spam in my opinion.
-John

RMB Custom Leather.com
12-24-2009, 03:12 PM
Rob,
You need to have a price on your "for sale" item. The for sale section is not for auctions. I know you are new and I'll give you the benefit of the doubt this time. Please either set a price on your item and sell it here or edit your post and sell it on ebay. What you're doing here is borderline spam in my opinion.
-John

John,

I had no intentions to be viewed as spam. I posted here to give members an opportunity to bid on the eBay posting and possibly get a good deal on one or just get one directly from me. I am offering KD members free shipping if they get it directly from me in a way to give back to the members and the site. I forgot to put the price but assumed intrested members would go directly to my site to find it. Not sure how this could be viewed as spam but I do not want to cause a problem. I didn't see anything in the rules to prohibit ebay links so I did not know it would have been a problem. Another reason I put the eBay link in there was so everyone could see pictures since I can't get them reduced enough to fit in the posting. I will try to get some pictures on.

Rock
12-24-2009, 04:02 PM
Rob,

There is a wonderful freeware viewer program called Irfanview. It lets you touch up resize, and reformat pictures as well as do lots of other stuff. It and its plug-ins are available at www.irfanview.com (http://www.irfanview.com).
As a web site designer and graphic artist, I use it every day in spite of having some terrific expensive software.

If you don't have a free account at PhotoBucket (www.PhotoBucket.com (http://www.PhotoBucket.com)), it is probably the easiest way to post pictures inside of your thread instead. Use the [ img ] link there after uploading the image and just paste it into the post.

RMB Custom Leather.com
12-24-2009, 04:09 PM
Thanks alot that is what I will do.

John Barker
12-24-2009, 04:10 PM
Rob,
The rules say: "-When posting an item for sale you must give an accurate discription of the item as well as price and pictures. If you are unable to post pictures for any reason you must alot a percentage of condition."

You did not have a price. You had an auction. Now you have a price. I can tell you that we don't want the for sale section to be an extension of Ebay. This will be further defined in the rules. Thanks for ammending your post and good luck with your sale.
-John

RMB Custom Leather.com
12-24-2009, 04:31 PM
It should all be fixed now

Big Rick
12-25-2009, 05:10 AM
Rob, if you will ship to the UK I will take one please,
Regards,
Rick.

RMB Custom Leather.com
12-25-2009, 06:05 AM
Regards,
Rick.

I just sent you a PM. Yes on the international shipping.

RMB Custom Leather.com
12-29-2009, 01:39 AM
Regards,
Rick.

Rick,

Found a 1984 Camillus catalog online where the survival knife is featured on the front and thought you may want it. I tried to email it to you however it came back possibly due to the size of the file so that is why I am passing the link on here. http://www.collectors-of-camillus.us/Catalogs/1984-Catalogs.pdf

Big Rick
01-04-2010, 03:09 PM
The knife arrived today, pretty good just over a week from the US to the UK considering it is holiday time. Superb value for money. Cheers, Rob for great service.

RMB Custom Leather.com
01-04-2010, 05:10 PM
The knife arrived today, pretty good just over a week from the US to the UK considering it is holiday time. Superb value for money. Cheers, Rob for great sevice.

Thanks alot Rick, I try to take care of my customers just drop me a line if you need anything!

Semper708
01-04-2010, 05:23 PM
Do you have any that the bag is still sealed? hello there if so I would like to get one....

RMB Custom Leather.com
01-04-2010, 07:00 PM
They all are sealed in the original card board case, 12 in each case. Each individual knife is slid down in the original plastic sleeve pictured. I will send you a PM.

RMB Custom Leather.com
01-14-2010, 04:46 AM
bump

rustygray
01-18-2010, 10:28 AM
I had my 1984 Camillus Duracoated. It turned out great.

I bought it at a pawn shop near FT Bragg in 1985 and carried it my entire elistment. It is now my go to field knife. I sharpened the upcurve of the blade when we went to MRE's just to cut open those thick plastic bags. Since then I primarily use the upper blade for all cutting.

The guy that did my Camillus also does my other stuff. He is at www.oakridgecustomfinishing.com He also did my Custom Anza.

I remember when these survival knives were less than $20.00. When Rambo came out everyone wanted a 12" blade and hollow handle. LOL I stuck with my Camillus.

I would buy another if the price were right.

RMB Custom Leather.com
01-20-2010, 09:21 PM
I had my 1984 Camillus Duracoated. It turned out great.

I bought it at a pawn shop near FT Bragg in 1985 and carried it my entire elistment. It is now my go to field knife. I sharpened the upcurve of the blade when we went to MRE's just to cut open those thick plastic bags. Since then I primarily use the upper blade for all cutting.

The guy that did my Camillus also does my other stuff. He is at www.oakridgecustomfinishing.com He also did my Custom Anza.

I remember when these survival knives were less than $20.00. When Rambo came out everyone wanted a 12" blade and hollow handle. LOL I stuck with my Camillus.

I would buy another if the price were right.

Thank you for the post. I will keep that link for the finishing in mind to pass on to others.

RMB Custom Leather.com
01-20-2010, 09:26 PM
The KD member discounted price for the survival knife is ending 1/24/10. After that date it will be the normal price of $99.99. I will still offer free shipping to members.

Drago
01-22-2010, 06:50 AM
I got my three yesterday.

Rob is great to work with and the knives came as he stated. Thanks for the hook up Rob. My Dad carried one like this (different sheath) when he was in the army. On his the nut rusted in off the butt while he was in the jungle. He still has his old one, but is excited about getting another one to use.

thanks again.

RMB Custom Leather.com
01-22-2010, 10:15 PM
I got my three yesterday.

Rob is great to work with and the knives came as he stated. Thanks for the hook up Rob. My Dad carried one like this (different sheath) when he was in the army. On his the nut rusted in off the butt while he was in the jungle. He still has his old one, but is excited about getting another one to use.

thanks again.

I am glad you are happy with the knives, that is what I am here for. Let me know if I can help you with anything else. I will post your feedback on my site as well, thanks for the comments.

RMB Custom Leather.com
01-31-2010, 09:32 PM
Bump!

danroy
02-09-2010, 10:13 PM
That looks like a good knife RMB and it seems to be right for the price. Have you tested it yet? If the feedback on this knife is good then I'd consider on getting one for myself.