PDA

View Full Version : Almost a Grandpa

Raymond Richard
11-23-2009, 11:25 AM
Roughly 5 or 6 Christmas's ago while my family was here I made a special request of my two children. I told them both I really would like to be a grandpa while I was alive. Neither were even married then but my daughter still does listen to her Daddy from time to time. Sometime tomorrow my first grand baby will be born! There having a girl and her name will be Kylie. Unfortunately it will be a couple weeks before we get to see Kylie in person. We'll be heading to Tokyo, Japan the first week of December.

Eli Gautreaux
11-23-2009, 11:30 AM
Right on!

We'll be praying for a safe and healthy delivery.

I'm jeaous of your trip. I'd love to see Japan one day...

Dusty One
11-23-2009, 12:39 PM
Ray Congradulations "Grandpa"
Have a Great trip...........
Also Congrats on Best Bowie award at Blade show west.
Write up in Blade Fed 2010

John Barker
11-23-2009, 12:43 PM
That's great. Congrats! Spoil her rotten.
-John

Denny Eller
11-23-2009, 01:23 PM
Congratulations, Grandpa Richard. If you think you have been blessed wait til you get to hold Kylie. We have 5 grandchildren, 1 great and 2 more greats on the way. Spoil them rotten - you'll be getting even with your kids for all the mischief they got into.

stabber
11-23-2009, 01:33 PM
Way to go Gramps!!2thumbs

Stuart Willis
11-23-2009, 05:11 PM
Congrats Grandpa. Be sure to post us up pictures.

Phil Dwyer
11-24-2009, 12:46 AM
Thanks for sharing this with us Ray. I bet your daughter and son-in-law are half way up to heaven right at this moment so they can meet their incoming child coming down to them.

When our son was born I just flat out could never have expected how deeply I could love. I shared this with my beautiful exhausted bride in her sweaty hospital bed and told her I had no idea I could love that much. Being the special woman she is (you know she must be to put up with me) she gently responded, "now you know how much your parents love you." Damn, I honestly can say, I had no idea.

Safe journeys and god bless you and yours.

ddavelarsen
11-24-2009, 05:29 AM
Congratulations and all the best for everyone Ray! Keep us posted.

Thanks for sharing this with us Ray. I bet your daughter and son-in-law are half way up to heaven right at this moment so they can meet their incoming child coming down to them.

When our son was born I just flat out could never have expected how deeply I could love. I shared this with my beautiful exhausted bride in her sweaty hospital bed and told her I had no idea I could love that much. Being the special woman she is (you know she must be to put up with me) she gently responded, "now you know how much your parents love you." Damn, I honestly can say, I had no idea.

Safe journeys and god bless you and yours.

Thanks Phil, that's one of the best stories I've ever heard. What a way to start the day.

Mike Barton
11-24-2009, 10:45 AM
Ray,

You're going to love being a Grandpa, ask me how I know :D

Jeff Pearce
11-24-2009, 10:59 AM
Congrats. Ray . I have three grand daughters .The little girls sure steal your heart. my oldest is turning 3 in a few days and the youngest is 8 weeks . now they need to work on making a grandson....LOL

Raymond Richard
11-24-2009, 11:10 AM
Still no word if I'm a grandpa yet.

Fortunately my wife has taken care of two little girls for several years now on a part time basis. They think their our granddaughters. They have sure filled a hole in both me wife's life and mine. Its going to be tough having our only grandchild so far away. The internet should make some difference but its still not the same.

Jeff Pearce
11-24-2009, 12:25 PM
Still no word if I'm a grandpa yet.

Fortunately my wife has taken care of two little girls for several years now on a part time basis. They think their our granddaughters. They have sure filled a hole in both me wife's life and mine. Its going to be tough having our only grandchild so far away. The internet should make some difference but its still not the same.

That is tough. my two oldest grandkids moved to california for three months .it about broke our hearts. but their back. and living with us for now. i love having them running around the house all the time. when they were in california we talked to them every day on the computer with a web cam...at least we could see them....i hope all goes well. please keep us informed.

Diamond G Knives
11-24-2009, 02:11 PM
CONGRADULATIONS PaPa!

One
11-25-2009, 07:34 AM
Congratulations Ray!

Andy Garrett
11-25-2009, 08:26 AM
I'm happy for ya Ray! I have two grandsons in preschool and I'm still in my thirties... Ayeesh!

Now you get a grandpa name. Mine is 'Ba-ha'.

Oh yea... you better go stock up on energy drinks!

Raymond Richard
11-25-2009, 08:58 AM
happy bday Kylie!

We received a phone call from Mossan just after 11pm PST. Meggan and Kylie are doing fine! Kylie was just over 6 pounds when she decided to show up. She even showed up on time. Now that's a first. We'll be heading for Tokyo on the 3rd of December. Pretty sure mother and baby stay at the hospital for 5 days witch is routine there.

This is a Blessing I've been wanting to see for sometime now. Thank you, Lord!

Phil Dwyer
11-25-2009, 09:36 AM
Oh happy days! Thanks for the news Grandpa. Blessings....

CDHumiston
11-25-2009, 10:23 AM
Congratulations on your new Grand Daughter! Glad to hear everyone is doing well.

My oldest daughter is due December 15th with my first Grandchild! (It's a Boy)

Have a safe trip to Japan. I hope you have time to see the sites, I spent 11 years there, it's nice.

Get some pictures to post...

Raymond Richard
11-25-2009, 02:31 PM
Congratulations on your new Grand Daughter! Glad to hear everyone is doing well.

My oldest daughter is due December 15th with my first Grandchild! (It's a Boy)

Have a safe trip to Japan. I hope you have time to see the sites, I spent 11 years there, it's nice.

Get some pictures to post...

I have seen some of the sites in Tokyo when we went there for our daughter's wedding reception. Not sure if I'll be interested in doing much site seeing this time. I am planing on visiting this maker while I'm there: http://bladegallery.com/shopdisplayproducts.asp?id=1061&cat=Aida%2C+Yoshihito I had been in contact with him in 2005 about doing the a knife guild show later in the year but I burnt my shop down instead and never made it.

Peter Killgore
11-25-2009, 10:05 PM
Congrats Ray. Just remember, as her grandpa, it's your responsibility to take her fishing:D
(and give her her first knife;)

RAGUEL3
11-26-2009, 12:05 AM
Tenkei to your new lil angel, Congratulations to you and the family.

Stuart Willis
11-26-2009, 08:53 PM
2thumbs Congratulations and Thanks for the update,

ddavelarsen
11-27-2009, 08:35 AM
happy bday Kylie!

We received a phone call from Mossan just after 11pm PST. Meggan and Kylie are doing fine! Kylie was just over 6 pounds when she decided to show up. She even showed up on time. Now that's a first. We'll be heading for Tokyo on the 3rd of December. Pretty sure mother and baby stay at the hospital for 5 days witch is routine there.

This is a Blessing I've been wanting to see for sometime now. Thank you, Lord!

Congratulations Meggan, husband, daughter, grandfather and grandmother! And anyone else watching from nearby. :D Ray, I can't tell you how having a granddaughter is going to change your life. Almost like having your first child, only better because you can go home when you're tired. What a blessing for all. Take care brother and give my best wishes to everyone. And have a safe and joyful trip.