PDA

View Full Version : Knife Dogs at the Blade Show

Wayne Coe
10-30-2009, 05:16 PM
Has anyone considered if Knife Dogs is going to have a presence at the Blade Show in 2010? I know that a lot of us will be there but shouldn't we have someplace to meet, get acquanted and meet face to face. Maybe we could just have a table in the concessions area with a Knife Dogs sign and folks can just drop by. Maybe that way Blade won't try to charge us an arm and a leg (I need all of mine, thank you very much). I doubt that Knife Dogs could justify the expense for a table or booth where merchandise could be sold. But maybe.

Brett Long
10-30-2009, 05:58 PM
pardon my dumbness... but where is the blade show at. i know they have a blade type show here in vegas but i doubt it is the one you are talking about.

Josh Dabney
10-30-2009, 06:54 PM
damaged110 Blade show Wayne is talking about is held in Atlanta.

I was kinda hoping that we would either have a table or perhaps BossDog would work something out with GLWJ.... Hint Hint.

We'll figure something out though, Like meet up at a specific demo, or something.

Josh

Brett Mathews
10-30-2009, 06:54 PM
Tha Blade show is in Atlanta and the meet and greet sounds great, but the Vagas arms show is in January I be there if you would like to come by and meet Damaged 110. If it like last year I will need all the vistitors I can get.

Sean Cochran
10-30-2009, 06:58 PM
Next year will be my first time going to blade. I would love to have a meet and greet. Who do we need to talk to to make this happen? Hmmmm....if only we had a pack leader around here...kind of like a "boss dog";)

Sean

BossDog
10-30-2009, 07:06 PM
hmmm...I wonder who...

I haven't finalized plans yet to get a table but it is being considered. I have to make sure my regular day job will let me off then and I won't know that until February.

how much is a table --- anyone know?

Les George
10-30-2009, 07:07 PM
$500 ish, I forget exactly......

Sean Cochran
10-30-2009, 07:11 PM
Thanks T, maybe we could do a raffle to pay the table costs.

Sean

Josh Dabney
10-30-2009, 07:22 PM
Someone told me last year that a table was $450

Cant remember who it was or if it was a reliable source but that was the rumor.

-Josh

Les George
10-30-2009, 07:53 PM
thats about right

BossDog
10-30-2009, 08:49 PM
well...I think we are going to have to do something for Blade...we are going to need a dog pound....and I think a wall booth(s?), so we have a little room to hang out...hang a banner - that kind of thing.

it could be a place for members to hand out cards, network, call home for the show...

this may be an official buy a booth fund raiser announcement.. I know I won't be able to 'man the booth' all the time. I have to visit with suppliers but I can cover it probably half the time.

We'll need volunteers to take some shifts and recruit new dogs...

I see some potential here...we could own the place...

Curtiss Knives
10-30-2009, 08:57 PM
Boss, we can always use my table.:D

BossDog
10-30-2009, 09:05 PM
I was wondering if we shouldn't get a few of us here to go in on a few adjoining booths together...

just thinking out loud..

razr
10-30-2009, 09:31 PM
pardon my dumbness... but where is the blade show at. i know they have a blade type show here in vegas but i doubt it is the one you are talking about.

Blade show is knife heaven!!! :bud:2thumbs

Sean Cochran
10-30-2009, 09:55 PM
I see some potential here...we could own the place...

I like it. Let me know what I can do.

Sean

Josh Dabney
10-31-2009, 04:32 AM
BossDog,

This is sounding fantastic ! Since conducting USAknifemaker buisness is a priority not only for you but also for your customers I think you should decide what time you need to be free from the KD-booth and get a sign-up sheet going for folks to volunteer for 1 hour time slots to man the booth.

The picture will get clearer as we get closer to Blade and people get their hands on the Blade show program and confirm plans to attend the show but I'm guessing that we'd have plenty of volunteers to man the booth and give BossDog plenty of free time.

I for one would be happy to help out

-Josh

Les Voorhies
10-31-2009, 07:31 AM
I was wondering if we shouldn't get a few of us here to go in on a few adjoining booths together...

just thinking out loud..

I'd be up for part of a booth.

Chuck Gedraitis Knives
10-31-2009, 07:59 AM
Blade show is June 4-6 2010 at the Cobb Galleria in Atlanta Georgia
Tables are $475 and booths are $1125

Denny Eller
10-31-2009, 08:31 AM
I'm not the brightest light on the tree but I would be happy to volunteer for whatever needs to be done like set-up, take down, empty the trash, go for donuts, bring the moonshine etc.

Les George
10-31-2009, 09:25 AM
ummmm.... 'shine and donuts!!!!! :D

JAWilliams
10-31-2009, 09:35 AM
ummmm.... 'shine and donuts!!!!! :D

Tasty

Sean Cochran
10-31-2009, 02:19 PM
I'm not the brightest light on the tree but I would be happy to volunteer for whatever needs to be done like set-up, take down, empty the trash, go for donuts, bring the moonshine etc.

Denton,
Ill help you with the shine, you know us Kentucky boys have got connections.

Sean

Denny Eller
10-31-2009, 04:36 PM
Yep, Sean we sure do and none of it has killed us yet so it must be good.

Les, what kind of donuts you want with your mug of busthead?

Les George
10-31-2009, 04:50 PM
Anything but chocolate! :)

Curtiss Knives
10-31-2009, 04:50 PM
Somebody say shine? Beins from Tennessee, I know a thang or to bout shines. I would spect someone be bringin some by my table at the show. I do cept them kinds of donations!
trickortreat1 Happy Halloween everyone!

Sean Cochran
10-31-2009, 07:28 PM
Tell ya what Dave, you bring some rocky top shine, and us Kentucky boys will kick in with some real Kentucky bourbon.:D

Sean

murphda2
10-31-2009, 07:58 PM
I got a bottle of Don Julio 1942 sealed and in the presentation box. I imported it myself. Count me in for it!

Denny Eller
11-01-2009, 09:37 AM
Murph, I'll bring the salt and lemons along with the Makers Mark. By the way, don't we need some high class models like they have at the big car shows?

Les George
11-01-2009, 12:35 PM
other wise known as "booth babes" ;)

(remember our G rating with this turn of the conversation lads)

Denny Eller
11-01-2009, 01:04 PM
I got it! Booth Babes heretoforth known as BB's utilized in this fashion:

BB1. Dressed in a Ghillie Suit festooned with tactical knives

BB2. Dressed like Julia Child in a kitchen setting displaying all the fine chef's knives.

BB3. Dressed in a flannel shirt and jeans skinning a deer and showing the hunters and
skinners

BB4. Last but not least, a grandmother type sitting at an antique desk showcasing art
and heirloom knives

Now if that ain't G Rated I ain't bald.

Wayne Coe
11-01-2009, 03:33 PM
Well, I think that I will claim success with this post, we have 30 posts, started with the blade show, changed to adult beverages, then changed to.....BBs. I hope that we find a place where we can safely enjoy the adult beverages,,,,and other things. I lived in North Georgia mountains before moving to the North Tennessee Plateau so we have good adult beverages here too. Year before last Steve Davis (Custom Knives by Steve) told me that he was going to buy the beer and what was my favorate kind. I told him, "Cold".

TomMegow
11-01-2009, 04:24 PM
If you are still looking for volunteers to man the booth. I
would love to help!
Tom
So.Ga.

Ankrom Exotics
11-02-2009, 03:48 PM
Not to be a wet blanket or anything....... has anyone even checked on table or booth availability? Last I heard there was quite a waiting list.

No matter. There will be a pretty large KnifeDogs contingent present, I'm sure. Maybe the Boss oughta sell us all T-shirts at cost.

A hundred or more people wandering around in KnifeDogs T-shirts is gonna generate some curiousity.

Also..... perhaps someone would like to organize a more official 'meet & greet' at one of the local watering holes or restaurants one evening after the show closes for the day.

Just my two cents..... worth probably half that.

murphda2
11-02-2009, 04:21 PM
I know we have all been joking around and hoping we might be able to pull this off, but I really hope it works out. I would really like the opportunity to meet up with everyone at Blade. The only way I'm going to miss Blade this year is if I receive a direct order from Uncle Sam telling me so. My real boss, (the wife) has already given her blessing.

If the powers that be decide to push further with this, I will be more than happy to commit $200 on a booth/table whichever. Who else is with me?

BossDog
11-02-2009, 04:36 PM
You could walk in last year and buy a booth or table the day the show opened. I think this year will be the same.

In an ideal world, I would like to see 3 to 5 booths together with all of the Knifedogs.com affiliates represented.

knifmkrgf
11-02-2009, 04:56 PM
Wow! Like the enthusiasm of this thread on having a united presence at Blade. I've been there the last 2 yrs; loved it. A+ on the T-shirts, may be able to volunteer some time at the table/booth while Patrick (Nihiser) is busy with his table. (He don't know it yet); "BUUUTTT",:D he would like to even volunteer to put a knife for auction/raffle, whatever it takes to raise money for the cause. It'll be a great time; no matter what.

Steve Davis
11-02-2009, 06:28 PM
I've done the show for quite some time, and have my table reserved. Anything I can do to help.
The "Adult beverages" Wayne bought last year were great. :D

Andrew Takach
11-03-2009, 12:05 AM
not sure this is where this is supposed to be posted,the link in my email directed me to here???

but ill do whatever i can to contribute to theamerican cancer society drive

RAGUEL3
11-03-2009, 01:01 AM
Be glad to help any way we can, let me know.

JAWilliams
11-03-2009, 07:49 AM
Well after the first of the year maybe run a couple of raffles, and get so donations for the cost of the booths. Look around an we should be able to find quite a bit to keep the cost down. I will help with what I can.

Kevin Cross
11-03-2009, 07:17 PM
I already have a table reserved for the show but if we are really gonna do this just let me know and I will call Blade and ask to be relocated to the DOG KENNEL. T-shirts are a great idea as well as the dinner after hours.

BossDog
11-03-2009, 07:39 PM
moving this to a new thread...here: http://knifedogs.com/showthread.php?t=2908