PDA

View Full Version : I'll be looking for volunteers

Indian George
10-27-2009, 11:30 AM
shakinhttp://cgi.ebay.com/Bhut-Jolokia-Ghost-Hot-Pepper-pods-India-HALF-POUND-BAG_W0QQitemZ250316412754QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_Def aultDomain_0?hash=item3a48055752
I just order the above, for a sample run. oh no! 1 I plan on doing a blend of the Ghost Chilies and my Smoked HT'g Relish.:eek::eek:
If you want to try a small sample let me know here.I'm cool
MSDS upon request. HEHEHEHEHE!!!

Brett Long
10-27-2009, 12:15 PM
i try some. we will se if it is hot or not.:D or :eek:

Chris Martin
10-27-2009, 12:24 PM
Big fan of heat here.

Would love to kick my acid reflux up a notch.

Count in me brotha!!!!:Dtrickortreat1

Chris

Denny Eller
10-27-2009, 12:40 PM
IG, please count me in. My GERD hasn't bothered me much lately so I need to find out why. I love hot, hot so I hope this stuff hurts me so good. Denny

johnny warner
10-27-2009, 01:14 PM
Ig, have you used that species of pepper before? If you are not familar with them I suggest you place the toliet paper in refrigerator.:D

Chris Martin
10-27-2009, 01:16 PM
:DLooks to be some good stuff:D

Ig, have you used that species of pepper before? If you are not familar with them I suggest you place the toliet paper in refrigerator.:D

Wayne Coe
10-27-2009, 02:04 PM
I'll be coming up to the New England School of Metal Work in Auburn, Maine to conduct an Build a Belt Grinder Workshop and then teach a 4 day beginner's blacksmithing class. The workshop and class will be from May 6 thru 11, 2010.
We may try to get together and check this out.

Mike Barton
10-27-2009, 02:05 PM
Oh Yeah!! Got to try a sample of that2thumbs

Indian George
10-27-2009, 02:14 PM
I'll be coming up to the New England School of Metal Work in Auburn, Maine to conduct an Build a Belt Grinder Workshop and then teach a 4 day beginner's blacksmithing class. The workshop and class will be from May 6 thru 11, 2010.
We may try to get together and check this out.
Sounds cool2thumbs. What days are they???? I am here 24/7. You are welcome to come down and spend a fews day and I can setup a Mini HI.cool 1

Indian George
10-27-2009, 02:18 PM
Bubba's PM me your addresses so I can start a spreadsheet. First come, first served.;)

Indian George
10-27-2009, 02:21 PM
Ig, have you used that species of pepper before? If you are not familar with them I suggest you place the toilet paper in refrigerator.:D

Nope!!!!:eek: But I plan on having The BBBB Beaver trying it first.:bud:

WadeH
10-28-2009, 10:55 AM
Hey IG I would love to try a sample of that. Put me on the list please if you have any space left. Winter is coming on and maybe that will warm us up. :)

Indian George
10-28-2009, 11:18 AM
Hey IG I would love to try a sample of that. Put me on the list please if you have any space left. Winter is coming on and maybe that will warm us up. :)

Send me your address. I know I have it someplace.unsure

Allen Newberry
10-28-2009, 02:44 PM
If there are any samples left I'll give it a go. I love your smoked heat treating relish!

Indian George
10-28-2009, 05:16 PM
If there are any samples left I'll give it a go. I love your smoked heat treating relish!

You got it Bubba.;)

ragingwolf66
10-28-2009, 07:01 PM
If its not too late, and you wouldnt mind sending it to Alaska, I would love to try some!!!

Cubane
10-28-2009, 07:28 PM
We have 2 bhut jolokia plants in our office. They go great with a laksa or a nice hot salsa. Be warned though they are super hot certainly get the endorphins going.

Indian George
10-29-2009, 04:38 AM
If its not too late, and you wouldnt mind sending it to Alaska, I would love to try some!!!

You are in Bubba2guns

Indian George
10-29-2009, 04:51 AM
We have 2 bhut jolokia plants in our office. They go great with a laksa or a nice hot salsa. Be warned though they are super hot certainly get the endorphins going.

Yep!!! Super hot is what I am looking for.:eek: My Heat Treating Relish is getting kind of tame. HEHEHEHE!!! The BBBB Beaver eats my HT'g Relish by the spoonfuls, this would kill a normal human being.:eek: Come to think of it :duh:The BBBB Beaver is not normal or a human being. HEHEHEHEHEHE!

Indian George
10-29-2009, 08:40 AM
Oh!!!! Baby!!!! Checkout what I'll be putting into the smoker with some Hab's this weekend.:eek::eek:

WadeH
10-29-2009, 01:27 PM
Come to think of it :duh:The BBBB Beaver is not normal or a human being. HEHEHEHEHEHE!

That is to funny. :D But if he is eating your relish by the spoonfuls then he may not be normal but it would be your fault, your relish does strange things to people, just look at me. :p

Indian George
10-29-2009, 03:11 PM
your relish does strange things to people, just look at me. :p

Please don't blame my relish.:duh: You were born that way. HEHEHEHEHE!!!!

T Blade
10-30-2009, 03:00 AM
2guns
Yep!!! Super hot is what I am looking for.:eek: My Heat Treating Relish is getting kind of tame. HEHEHEHE!!! The BBBB Beaver eats my HT'g Relish by the spoonfuls, this would kill a normal human being.:eek: Come to think of it :duh:The BBBB Beaver is not normal or a human being. HEHEHEHEHEHE!

Wa..Wa..Wally, about a month ago you got a sample of those ghost peppers, and we tried it out. It seems to me that once you reach a certain level on the Scovile scale, it doesn't matter anymore :cool: after you pass 1/2 million scoviles it feels that it's all the same. Those Ghost peppers are over 1 million, mixing them with your HT relish will certainly enhance the octane :running dog: 2guns

It's funny though. At your last HI, I brought Tom over. He had told me how much "hot" food he likes. It was cool watching him test the HT relish, the things you see when you don't have a camera.

Indian George
10-30-2009, 10:14 AM
We be smokin.2thumbs2guns:bud:
Bottom rack has a marinated pork roast, next rack the Ghost Chilies and the top the Habs.dancing dog
I am hoping that the roast gets some dripping from the Ghost Chilies.wow wee Will finish the roast on the grill with my home made BBQ sauce on Saturday.:D
Ya'll are invited. HEHEHEHEHE!!!

Chris Martin
10-30-2009, 10:16 AM
Damn it George...now you done it....Is it lunch time yet or whatunsure

Lookin good2thumbs

We be smokin.2thumbs2guns:bud:
Bottom rack has a marinated pork roast, next rack the Ghost Chilies and the top the Habs.dancing dog
I am hoping that the roast gets some dripping from the Ghost Chilies.wow wee Will finish the roast on the grill with my home made BBQ sauce.:D
Ya'll are invited. HEHEHEHEHE!!!

Indian George
10-31-2009, 07:03 AM
Got the relish all made up.oh no! 1 But there is something missing. I added more vinegar and etc. I can't tell if it taste different, because my taste buds are burnout from the first taste test.cry me a river 1
The BBBB Beaver is heading this way as we speak for a taste test. HEHEHEHEHEHE!!!

John Andrews
11-01-2009, 06:51 AM
Got the relish all made up.oh no! 1 But there is something missing. I added more vinegar and etc. I can't tell if it taste different, because my taste buds are burnout from the first taste test.cry me a river 1
The BBBB Beaver is heading this way as we speak for a taste test. HEHEHEHEHEHE!!!

You still have taste buds, IG? ;)
So, poor BBBB Beaver is the new test monkey, huh? You better keep a bucket of water handy, in case he bursts into flames during the taste test. Your culinary delights are way too hot for me! :eek: :D

Indian George
11-01-2009, 07:12 AM
You still have taste buds, IG? ;)
So, poor BBBB Beaver is the new test monkey, huh? You better keep a bucket of water handy, in case he bursts into flames during the taste test. Your culinary delights are way too hot for me! :eek: :D

SISSY This new stuff is to hot for me also.:eek:

John Andrews
11-01-2009, 07:22 AM
SISSY This new stuff is to hot for me also.:eek: :D:D:D I would never dream something would be too hot for you, George. :D

T Blade
11-01-2009, 07:53 AM
Sampled some of the ghost/habinero relish yesterday (very hot). The jury is still out on the taste. I had to take some home and will perform furthuer testing (like mixing with food).

Also picked up a jar of horse radish sauce that Wa..Wa..Wally made, I'll let you know what's with that also :cool:.

JMDesigns
11-01-2009, 07:54 AM

I thought that was what those tiny bathroom sized refrigerators were for. No wonder my wife laughs at me so much when I make hot wings.

I would love to try some of this concoction - I'm having problems hitting the "sweat" barrier ever since I got used to "atomic" level. Maybe "forge" level will push me into that blissful zone again.

JMDesigns
11-01-2009, 08:00 AM
It just occurred to me - they sell THOSE on ebay, but we can't sell balisongs on ebay. That is somehow very twisted...

:D

Indian George
11-01-2009, 09:14 AM
I thought that was what those tiny bathroom sized refrigerators were for. No wonder my wife laughs at me so much when I make hot wings.

I would love to try some of this concoction - I'm having problems hitting the "sweat" barrier ever since I got used to "atomic" level. Maybe "forge" level will push me into that blissful zone again.

Bubba, send me your address.;) This stuff is like you swallowed a little piece of hell.:eek: My Heat Treating Relish has more flavor.2thumbs

Indian George
11-01-2009, 10:02 AM
Have new labels. I forgot who made it for me.:eek:

T Blade
11-01-2009, 10:52 AM

Wa..Wa..Wally, neat label 2thumbsyea!

Allen Newberry
11-01-2009, 03:29 PM
Sweet labels!

T Blade
11-03-2009, 03:23 AM

Those labels should definately be put on the Ghost/Hab mix.

Tried it last night mixed with my beans & saugies, much hotter that the straight up HT relish. Still hard to find what is missing in this mix, :eek: oh just remembered,,,,,my TASTEBUDS :eek: must have got burned away from the first time I tried them ban1

Indian George
11-03-2009, 05:14 AM
I am going to mail out the samples this AM.shakin So if you Bubba's see a mushroom cloud in the north eastern sky, that means they are in transit. HEHEHEHEHE!!!!
Please advise upon delivery.:D

Chris Martin
11-03-2009, 07:57 AM
Those labels are awesome. I saw the mushroom cloud building, that must have been you packing it up.....lol2thumbs

Allen Newberry
11-03-2009, 09:44 AM
Looking forward to trying this one as your smoked heat treating relish is my go to jar for kicking things up a notch. In fact I just stirred a bit into some BBQ sauce to dip some chicken nuggets in.

T Blade
11-03-2009, 01:49 PM
Looking forward to trying this one as your smoked heat treating relish is my go to jar for kicking things up a notch. In fact I just stirred a bit into some BBQ sauce to dip some chicken nuggets in.

Allen,

This particular relish, Ghost/Habanero is kicking up about 20 notches.

Wa..Wa..Wally,

Don from work who bought a couple of jars, a couple of months ago, is bringing a small jar to work tomorrow, he will grab a couple of tablespoon full so he can try it in his cooking. He sampled some on a chip today (just a few little itsy bitsy grains on the chip) and he was very very impressed by how much hotter it is than the standard HT relish, makes you sweat just typing about it :eek:

denofearth
11-03-2009, 02:05 PM
Hope I'm not too late, I'd like to try it. Thanks!

VBR,

Den

Indian George
11-04-2009, 05:31 AM
Hope I'm not too late, I'd like to try it. Thanks!

VBR,

Den

You are the 1st on my new list.:eek:

WadeH
11-04-2009, 10:57 AM
Oh boy you have a new victim. :D

Indian George
11-04-2009, 11:06 AM
Oh boy you have a new victim. :D

Bro!!! This stuff is lethal.:eek: I am going to try and make a hot sauce with it unsure. I plan on cutting it down with more garlic, onions and etc.:D
I am shotting for a "Damn" and not a "Oh My God". HEHEHEHEHEHE!!!

T Blade
11-04-2009, 02:11 PM
Wa..Wa..Wally,

Not for nuthin' but,,,this stuff is so caustic that you better make up a disclaimer to protect yourself in case some of the newbie hot stuff wannabeis hurt themselves with the ghost/hab relish. People can sign it electronically.

You don't want to be held liable for distributing this relish as it should have an MSDS provided by OSHA, I'm NOT kidding :eek: :D

Pelallito
11-05-2009, 03:18 PM
IG,
Is it too late to get on your new list. My son and I would like to try your relish.
I have read about them several times and am curious. He is only 12, do you think that it will accelerate or slow down his rate of growth?:eek:
Thanks,
Fred

Denny Eller
11-05-2009, 03:45 PM
Hey IG, did you forget me? I haven't gotten the relish yet and the inside of my mouth is feeling real cold.

Indian George
11-06-2009, 04:37 AM
Hey IG, did you forget me? I haven't gotten the relish yet and the inside of my mouth is feeling real cold.

Nope, check is in the mail.;):eek::D

Indian George
11-06-2009, 04:39 AM
IG,
Is it too late to get on your new list. My son and I would like to try your relish.
I have read about them several times and am curious. He is only 12, do you think that it will accelerate or slow down his rate of growth?:eek:
Thanks,
Fred

I think it would end his growth rate.:D Send me your address.;)

Indian George
11-06-2009, 09:21 AM
HEHEHEHEHE!!!
Holy Mother of God that stuff is hot, hot, hot! I love it. I put a small amount on the tip of a butter knife about 20 minutes ago and tasted it. It was so hot to begin with that my eyes watered and my stuffy nose opened right up. I couldn't really taste it for the heat. But then as the heat slowly subsided it left the most wonderful aftertaste in my mouth - the smokiness and all the flavors came through perfectly. It is simply delicious. I cook a lot of Thai style food and Szechuan Chinese and I can't wait to add some HT relish to my recipes. I can't thank you enough for sending this and the wrought iron to me.
From Denton Eller
Glad you like it Bro.Jaw Drop

Mike Barton
11-06-2009, 11:28 AM
OK you old reprobate I got the sample in the mail just in time for lunch... HOT LUNCH!!!

I see now why you put it in a prescription bottle...This is definitely a controlled substance :eek:

Tried it in some salsa, really hot but like you said the smokiness and after taste is great! When can you send some more?
:beg:

I've got a couple of guys at the office that think they like hot stuff ;) I need some that I can take in at lunch for a good laugh without letting go of what you just sent.

It's just too good for them ;)

Thanks Bubba,

Mike

Indian George
11-06-2009, 12:19 PM
OK you old reprobate I got the sample in the mail just in time for lunch... HOT LUNCH!!!

I see now why you put it in a prescription bottle...This is definitely a controlled substance :eek:

Tried it in some salsa, really hot but like you said the smokiness and after taste is great! When can you send some more?
:beg:

I've got a couple of guys at the office that think they like hot stuff ;) I need some that I can take in at lunch for a good laugh without letting go of what you just sent.

It's just too good for them ;)

Thanks Bubba,

Mike

Glad you like it Bubba. :eek: This was just a sample batch that I put together.unsure
I have less than a quart left and I do not have any Habenaros to cut the Ghost Chilies with if I get more off Ebay:(

Clydetz
11-06-2009, 12:37 PM
Please do not send me any of your 'hott stuff'! I don't eat anything that's hotter than Heinz Tomato Ketchup! :D :bud:

Mike Barton
11-06-2009, 12:45 PM
Please do not send me any of your 'hott stuff'! I don't eat anything that's hotter than Heinz Tomato Ketchup! :D :bud:

Sorry to hear you've been living a depraved life.

Oops I meant deprived..or did I??:D:D :bud:

Mike Barton
11-06-2009, 12:46 PM
Glad you like it Bubba. :eek: This was just a sample batch that I put together.unsure
I have less than a quart left and I do not have any Habenaros to cut the Ghost Chilies with if I get more off Ebay:(

What you mean if??? :eek:

If is not an option 2guns

Chris Martin
11-06-2009, 01:15 PM
JEEEEBUS Harold this is some potent stuff:eek:

I came home today and looked over at the mailbox. Had a little yellow envelope hanging out with flames coming off in all directions....

Grabbed it and headed straight for the kitchen. Warmed up a Brat and smeared the first bite with what I THOUGHT was a rationed amount....BOY was I wrong...haha This stuff is hell ina bottle....I love it. The smokey after taste is awesome....I might chop up a little more garlic since I have a garlic fetish and mix in a little. The smeel of this stuff is yummy.....Almost better than Weapon Shield...haha

I now have some good stuff to get a few relatives that are coming in for the holidays with. Gonna be good times this Hell in a jar.

Thanks George, this stuff is tasty....yet dangerous:eek:2thumbs:D

Chris

ragingwolf66
11-06-2009, 09:56 PM
Awesome stuff George!!! Just got mine tonight. The Cap was wanting to blow off!!! Good thing you taped it!!! I speard some (rather thickly ) on a tortillaput a bunch of shredded cheese on it that I melted in the microwave. The smokines was amazing. I then mixed some with Mayo, and made a turkey and Muenster sandwich. It is very tasty!!! i love hot stuff, and i look forward to using it on a regular basis on all things.

Indian George
11-07-2009, 05:07 AM
Awesome stuff George!!! Just got mine tonight. The Cap was wanting to blow off!!! Good thing you taped it!!! I speard some (rather thickly ) on a tortillaput a bunch of shredded cheese on it that I melted in the microwave. The smokines was amazing. I then mixed some with Mayo, and made a turkey and Muenster sandwich. It is very tasty!!! i love hot stuff, and i look forward to using it on a regular basis on all things.

Do me a favor:confused:. Do not eat it outside, I do not want to be responsible for more global warming. HEHEHEHEHE!!!

Indian George
11-07-2009, 05:09 AM
JEEEEBUS Harold this is some potent stuff:eek:

I came home today and looked over at the mailbox. Had a little yellow envelope hanging out with flames coming off in all directions....

Grabbed it and headed straight for the kitchen. Warmed up a Brat and smeared the first bite with what I THOUGHT was a rationed amount....BOY was I wrong...haha This stuff is hell ina bottle....I love it. The smokey after taste is awesome....I might chop up a little more garlic since I have a garlic fetish and mix in a little. The smeel of this stuff is yummy.....Almost better than Weapon Shield...haha

I now have some good stuff to get a few relatives that are coming in for the holidays with. Gonna be good times this Hell in a jar.

Thanks George, this stuff is tasty....yet dangerous:eek:2thumbs:D

Chris

Don't forget to take some pix's when they are trying it and please post them.:D

Indian George
11-07-2009, 05:14 AM
What you mean if??? :eek:

If is not an option 2guns

Mike, see if you can find any Habenaros down there and send them to me and I'll make up more. They want $3.99 a pound for them up here huh1.

Pelallito
11-07-2009, 06:25 AM
IG,
I found your normal HT relish recipe in Patrice's cookbook. How many pounds of habanero do you use for a batch and how do you prepare them? Do you take the seeds out, like I have read about with jalapenos?
How much of the eBay pepper did you put in your batch? I will go back to the beginning of this thread, perhaps you mentioned that.
Looking forward to the package arriving with a little apprehension, my son is very worried about his stunted growth!:D
Regards,
Fred

Chris Martin
11-07-2009, 07:10 AM
Will do brother....they wont be getting much....This hell in a jar is alllll mine2thumbs

Don't forget to take some pix's when they are trying it and please post them.:D

Indian George
11-07-2009, 09:59 AM
IG,
I found your normal HT relish recipe in Patrice's cookbook. How many pounds of habanero do you use for a batch and how do you prepare them? Do you take the seeds out, like I have read about with jalapenos?
How much of the eBay pepper did you put in your batch? I will go back to the beginning of this thread, perhaps you mentioned that.
Looking forward to the package arriving with a little apprehension, my son is very worried about his stunted growth!:D
Regards,
Fred

The Habs, I wash them, then take the stem off, thats all. I got 1/2 lb. of the dried ghost chilies I soak them is balsamic vinegar, once they swell up I took the same amount of the habs and just smoke them all up for 3 hours. I like to dry smoke them.;)

Pelallito
11-07-2009, 12:31 PM
Ig,
Thanks for the reply. I have never made a relish and am tempted to copy yours. You just spread it on whatever you want to spice up. The only Habanero that I have tasted is the Tobasco brand.
Thanks again.
Fred
Does 1/2 H and 1/2 GC=750,000 units:)

Indian George
11-07-2009, 02:05 PM
Does 1/2 H and 1/2 GC=750,000 units:)

And then some. HEHEHEHEHE!!!!

T Blade
11-08-2009, 03:26 PM
Hi guys,

Linda and I went up to North Conway, NH for the weekend. We got there kind of late, so instead of going right to the hotel we went to a local saloon. I ordered some type of Mex burger with holapenos on it. The waiter asked if I like hot food, of course we all know that answer. He told me about this local eatery that is now having the "Face Melt Challange". I smiled and told him "I'm there". Saturday late afternoon Linda and I went to the Hilltop BBQ in Glen, NH.

The waitress asked what we were ordering, and I asked about the Challange, so here it is: 10 wings, you have 5 minutes to eat them, no drink, you have to eat them off the bone, you're not allowed to strip the bone with your fingers, after you have consumed the wings you have to wait 1 more minute before you can drink.

So that is what I ordered, the cook brought the wings out and the time starts when you pick up the first wing.

My biggest problem was eating that fast, but I ate 10 wings in less than 4 minutes. It was funny, while I'm eating the waitress who was keeping time said to another waitress, "he's not turning red yet", the other watress answers, "My God, he's not even sweating".

They use a Hab sauce that he sprinkles with Ghost Pepper powder, obviously not enough, IG's latest batch is at least twice as hot as the ones I had for the challange, don't get me wrong, mere mortals would crap their pants, cause those wings were very very hot, but I've been eating Wa..Wa..Wally's HT relish since he started making it, and I LOVE it :D

Check out the pics.

http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o295/TBlade_2006/PICT2943.jpg

http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o295/TBlade_2006/PICT2945.jpg

http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o295/TBlade_2006/PICT2946.jpg

http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o295/TBlade_2006/PICT2947.jpg

Cute, huh? :eek:

This is relatively new to the Hilltop, their have been 37 people who have tried it and I'm the 4th one to meet the challange, you get your picture posted on "The Wall of Flame" and a tee shirt, (which they haven't got yet, but I'm waiting).

Indian George
11-08-2009, 05:35 PM
BBBB Beaver !!!! Nice pix's.2thumbs2thumbs

Allen Newberry
11-08-2009, 08:55 PM
It doesn't look like they bother you at all.

Indian George
11-10-2009, 08:52 AM
I got a protest going. HEHEHEHE!!!!

Pelallito
11-10-2009, 10:32 AM
Hi IG ,
I noticed that Larry T. was not phased by the wings, but I got curious about something.
I noticed he was wearing plastic gloves for protection. What kind of shielding did he wear on his lips and tonsils??

Indian George
11-10-2009, 10:43 AM
Hi IG ,
I noticed that Larry T. was not phased by the wings, but I got curious about something.
I noticed he was wearing plastic gloves for protection. What kind of shielding did he wear on his lips and tonsils??

They made him wear them.:eek: Didn't need anything on his lips and etc.:confused: He has been eatting my Ht'g Relish for years. HEHEHEHEHE!!!

Allen Newberry
11-10-2009, 10:56 AM
The sample got here safely and I did give it a try on some chips and it is indeed spicy. I will have to come up with something a little better than chips to give it a real tasting.
Good stuff!

T Blade
11-10-2009, 02:50 PM
... Pelallito
Hi IG ,

Pelallito,

I actually warmed up for the challange by taking a teaspoon of IG"s Hab/Ghost pepper and chewed it up real good before swallowing it....YUM YUM :) Everything you eat after that is very mild, plus you can no longer taste it ...BUMMER :D

I started eating food with hot peppers around 1973 :eek: maybe before you were born, but anyway, the reason for the gloves, if you were to get that sauce on your hands, and several hours latter you rubbed your eye, or scratched you balls ban1 you would be a hurtin' critter! :eek: :bud:

... I will have to come up with something a little better than chips to give it a real tasting.
Good stuff!

mrnewberry,

Your best bet is to make a chili or something that you would normally spice up, and start with a measured amount of Hab/Ghost pepper and work up or down from their. 2thumbs That stuff is awesome.

By the way, each new batch, can be of different heat, depends where the peppers were grown.

Pelallito
11-11-2009, 08:19 AM
IG and Larry,
Thanks for the replies and explanations!
This part-
I started eating food with hot peppers around 1973 maybe before you were born, but anyway, the reason for the gloves, if you were to get that sauce on your hands, and several hours latter you rubbed your eye, or scratched you balls you would be a hurtin' critter!
Had me laughing! At the same time giving me a perspective of the power of these peppers.
I probably started enjoying spicy food about the same time Larry, as you did. But I don't think that I have tried anything at the level you guys are at.
I am looking forward to the samples arrival.
Regards guys,
Fred

Indian George
11-11-2009, 08:58 AM
IG and Larry,
Thanks for the replies and explanations!
This part-
I started eating food with hot peppers around 1973 maybe before you were born, but anyway, the reason for the gloves, if you were to get that sauce on your hands, and several hours latter you rubbed your eye, or scratched you balls you would be a hurtin' critter!
Had me laughing! At the same time giving me a perspective of the power of these peppers.
I probably started enjoying spicy food about the same time Larry, as you did. But I don't think that I have tried anything at the level you guys are at.
I am looking forward to the samples arrival.
Regards guys,
Fred

Dude, I'll be 62 in a couple of months. I am a Portagee and I was brought up on spicy foods.:D;)

johnny warner
11-11-2009, 09:42 AM
I made a 2-3 gallon of Cajun chicken stew on saturday and the only hot season I used was a butter bean size of Indian George's new recipe. Great flavor and plenty hot enough was the benefit from that stuff. I found out another added benefit from that pepper relish, next it proved to be an excellent colon cleanser.:rolleyes:

Deweyknives
11-11-2009, 10:27 AM
I'll take a 5 gallon pail of the relish & 5 gallons of sauce.

Got it covered,bubba??

Need it by Thanksgiving...............................

:beg::beg:

:D:D:D

Indian George
11-11-2009, 12:41 PM
I'll take a 5 gallon pail of the relish & 5 gallons of sauce.

Got it covered,bubba??

Need it by Thanksgiving...............................

:beg::beg:

:D:D:D
Lil Bubba, you are sol.:D

Indian George
11-11-2009, 12:42 PM
I made a 2-3 gallon of Cajun chicken stew on saturday and the only hot season I used was a butter bean size of Indian George's new recipe. Great flavor and plenty hot enough was the benefit from that stuff. I found out another added benefit from that pepper relish, next it proved to be an excellent colon cleanser.:rolleyes:

Yep!!! It gets you coming and going.:D

Denny Eller
11-11-2009, 01:01 PM

Johnny have you got any of that Cajun stew left? Send it my way, I love Cajun food and most Creole food. I make a Chicken Fricasee that'll make you wanna dance and I ain't too bad on a Seafood Gumbo.

Deweyknives
11-11-2009, 01:15 PM
Mmmmmmm........seafood gumbo........

Indian George
11-11-2009, 03:07 PM
Mmmmmmm........seafood gumbo........

When was the last time you had snails?????huh1

johnny warner
11-12-2009, 07:59 AM
Denton, no I brought the remainder to work and shared with co-workers. I do have the recipe though!

Denny Eller
11-12-2009, 10:20 AM
johnny, I would be very happy to have the recipe. PM me and I'll give you my address and telephone number.

Pelallito
11-13-2009, 07:35 PM
Denton,
Maybe he could send it to Patrice and have it included in his recipe book!
IG,
I was born in Cuba, and while their cuisine is heavy in the use of spices, they do not use much or any hot chili's. So I did not taste any until I was an adult, trying Chinese szechuan (not sure about spelling) dishes. Then I started trying my hand at making spicy(hot) food.
Unfortunately my son and I are the only ones that like that kind of food.
I looked for some Habaneros for you and found Scotch bonnet at about $6 a pound. I will continue to look.
Regards,
Fred

Indian George
11-17-2009, 01:38 PM
Denton,
Maybe he could send it to Patrice and have it included in his recipe book!
IG,
I was born in Cuba, and while their cuisine is heavy in the use of spices, they do not use much or any hot chili's. So I did not taste any until I was an adult, trying Chinese szechuan (not sure about spelling) dishes. Then I started trying my hand at making spicy(hot) food.
Unfortunately my son and I are the only ones that like that kind of food.
I looked for some Habaneros for you and found Scotch bonnet at about $6 a pound. I will continue to look.
Regards,
Fred

Thanks Fred2thumbs

John Andrews
11-21-2009, 07:32 AM
Ig, have you used that species of pepper before? If you are not familar with them I suggest you place the toliet paper in refrigerator.:D :D Probably a good idea! I tried some of George's famous HT Relish, was really good but was too hot for my old injun stomach. :o

Indian George
12-09-2009, 02:41 PM
I sent out the samples today.
Enjoysharpen1oh no! 1cry me a river 1
To:
F. Brigman
F. Toro
D. Sanders
2thumbs

T Blade
12-09-2009, 04:17 PM
I'm sitting here in front of the PC having supper, a plate of beans & saugy's loaded with some HT relish, um um good:D

Diamond G Knives
12-09-2009, 09:46 PM
IG
Where are you finding these peppers?? My wife runs a plant nursery and has a crowd of "I cant find a hott enough pepper" folks that want to grow their own. If you can steer me in the right direction, Ill have her pot out extras and keep them in the green house. For what ever reason , 2 exact same pepper plants (same batch of seeds) one grown outside, one grown in the green house, the green house plant is much hotter!

Anyone have a clue as to why this is??

She also has a couple of plants that are several years old, the seem to get hotter as they age.

Just a thought ;)

God Bless
Mike

Indian George
12-10-2009, 05:54 AM
IG
Where are you finding these peppers?? My wife runs a plant nursery and has a crowd of "I cant find a hott enough pepper" folks that want to grow their own. If you can steer me in the right direction, Ill have her pot out extras and keep them in the green house. For what ever reason , 2 exact same pepper plants (same batch of seeds) one grown outside, one grown in the green house, the green house plant is much hotter!

Anyone have a clue as to why this is??

She also has a couple of plants that are several years old, the seem to get hotter as they age.

Just a thought ;)

God Bless
Mike
Mike, you can get the peppers here
http://www.pepperheads-hotsauces.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=25&products_id=533
And I seen the seeds on Ebay.;)
http://home.shop.ebay.com/i.html?_nk...&_osacat=14314

Ernie Swanson
12-10-2009, 05:59 AM
Just sent you a pm. looking to try a taste!!!

Indian George
12-10-2009, 06:10 AM
Just sent you a pm. looking to try a taste!!!

Back at you Bubba.2thumbs

Indian George
12-12-2009, 05:29 AM
I have my regular Ht'g Relish in the for sale section.:unsure:

Pelallito
12-20-2009, 04:06 PM
IG,
Your special got here. It is great!!! My son and I are trying it a little at a time with lots of respect. The smoky taste and the heat combination is sensational.
Thanks for letting us try it!
I will look up your regular in the for sale section.
Regards,
Fred

Indian George
12-22-2009, 05:33 AM
IG,
Your special got here. It is great!!! My son and I are trying it a little at a time with lots of respect. The smoky taste and the heat combination is sensational.
Thanks for letting us try it!
I will look up your regular in the for sale section.
Regards,
Fred

Glad you liked it:D

ragingwolf66
12-23-2009, 11:14 PM
3 Chipotle tortillas slathered with Ghost pepper Heat Treat Relish, 1 can of Stagg Dynamite Habanero Chili, 4 Jalapeno Oscar Meyer Hot dogs, and plenty of cheese!!!! What does that spell????

DELICIOUS!!!

T Blade
12-24-2009, 12:08 AM
3 Chipotle tortillas slathered with Ghost pepper Heat Treat Relish, 1 can of Stagg Dynamite Habanero Chili, 4 Jalapeno Oscar Meyer Hot dogs, and plenty of cheese!!!! What does that spell????DELICIOUS!!!

Holy Krap :eek: Now I get it. You guys from Alaska......with a meal like that, your next krap would be equivilent to burning a cord of wood! Talk about saving the forest :confused: :rolleyes:

Indian George
12-24-2009, 02:23 PM
Just order 2#:eek:
http://www.pepperheads-hotsauces.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=41&products_id=533