View Full Version : tool black

Danny F
10-26-2009, 09:46 PM
Hey need help find some tool black I think it is also called black oxide. Been looking but having trouble finding a good deal if anyone has any locations where I can find some please let me know. Thanks again for any help

Rusty McDonald
10-26-2009, 10:50 PM
caswell Black Oxide

10-27-2009, 04:20 AM
Second the Caswell Black oxide.


It gives a nicer more even finish.

You can actually use them together. Tool black first, clean up, then dip in the black oxide and get a darker finish.

Tool black kit at Mcmaster Carr is part number 3435K11



Danny F
10-27-2009, 10:58 PM
Thanks for the info helps a great deal