PDA

View Full Version : Chinook's NEW Fisherman's Friend

Raymond Richard
10-18-2009, 11:10 PM
Chinook came by the shop for a visit yesterday. After we got done talking I asked if he would like to stick around for awhile and do some forging and he said sure. Chinook had said he was looking for something small enough to fit in the tackle box and handy enough for a time in need. This will be the perfect edition to any tackle box and heck if the fish aren't biting you can spear them. :D It could also be used on a pesky bear. :D

http://www.hawknknives.com/forums/IMG_1678.JPG

Aldo
10-19-2009, 04:25 AM
But is it flexible enough fillet a trout?huh1

Hey Ray, good to see you in the swing of things. We need to sit and have a long talk about Uganda. I'm in touch with an outfit that's drilling water wells. Planned on taking a few,3,4 weeks to go over and dig some ditches with them. Would love to compare notes.

Aldo

Chinook
10-19-2009, 07:27 AM
Had a great time talking with Ray and what a bonus to get a chance to bang on some hot steel! I'm thinking it might just fit onto the top of my wading staff to keep varmits away. Very fun, thanks Ray.

Eli Gautreaux
10-19-2009, 07:59 AM
Looking good guys!

Now you just need to figure out a way for a quick connect to the butt of your fishing rod :D

Raymond Richard
10-19-2009, 09:06 AM

Hey Ray, good to see you in the swing of things. We need to sit and have a long talk about Uganda. I'm in touch with an outfit that's drilling water wells. Planned on taking a few,3,4 weeks to go over and dig some ditches with them. Would love to compare notes.

Aldo

Hey Aldo, Here's the group that I try and support: http://www.ukids.org/ Having running water in the orphanage is a really big deal. You may want to talk to my wife. She's been on two of the trips to Uganda. If our son didn't get married this year she would have been there again.

Chinook, I just had a thought. This spearhead could be painted like one of your favorite plugs. Wish I would have thought about that last night before I heat treated it. I could drill a couple holes and it could be used as a Wiggle Wart. :D

Peter Killgore
10-19-2009, 06:30 PM
Boy, I wish I'd had one of those when I was fishing at eagle creek a few weeks ago. probably would have done better than we did(ok, I don't actually have that much confidence in my spear throwing). Saw some 30+ pounders jumping but they wouldn't bite for anything. It sure looks cool.

Peter Killgore
10-19-2009, 06:33 PM

Aldo

The key is to catch big enough trout. Yes the one on the right is a trout.

stabber
10-19-2009, 06:41 PM
It's very nice Ray but I ain't goin for Guppies. :D