PDA

View Full Version : VFD troubleshooting

robp
10-18-2009, 01:48 PM
I am using the KBAC 27D that I bought with my KMG a couple years ago. This morning, I went to turn it on, and nothing happened. No LEDs lit up, and the motor would not spin up- it behaved exactly like it was unplugged. I verified the problem was not in the outlet by testing another tool. The connection from the plug to the terminals in the VFD is good, and the on/off switch is good. There was no indication of fried electronics inside. all the various plugs from the front panel to the circuit board are tight and well seated. I did recently add a reverse switch, but everything was working correctly after that.

any suggestions as to what the next troubleshooting step should be?

Thanks,
Rob

rfrink
10-18-2009, 02:14 PM
Hi Rob,

Thanks for the note. It sounds like you've covered all the bases.

If you can verify that you have power across the terminals L1 and L2 on the circuit board, then there's not much else that we can check without the factory. You can replace the jumpers across the power switch to test the drive without the switch.

Other than that, I think we'll need to get the factory involved.

They have a 800 phone number: Technical Assistance (800) 221-6570

http://www.kbelectronics.com/main_office.htm

Perhaps they might have other suggestions as much more than what you've already done, and what I've suggested, is technically beyond my experience.

Keep us posted and we'll be glad to help out on this end. Just let us know.

robp
10-18-2009, 07:53 PM
Thanks Rob. I am going to give the manufacturer a call tomorrow morning.