PDA

View Full Version : Wassup for the weekend????

Pages : [1] 2

Indian George
10-18-2009, 06:17 AM
Let us try this. It will be a place to ask for help and sharing your plans for the weekend.:les: Let me know if you Bubbas like the idea.:les:
I been thinking to much.:34:I know, I know, it is scary for me too. HEHEHEHEHE!!!:ridesafe:

Denny Eller
10-18-2009, 08:11 AM
IG, I think you have a good idea. I am currently draw filing a piece of stubborn ATS-34 into something that looks sort of, kinda, more or less, approximately, just about flat.

Indian George
10-19-2009, 06:54 AM
IG, I think you have a good idea. I am currently draw filing a piece of stubborn ATS-34 into something that looks sort of, kinda, more or less, approximately, just about flat.

Cooool!!!2thumbs

Indian George
10-20-2009, 07:09 AM
:( Higgy was trying to get down here for the weekend, but he has DR. appointments.:( Hope he can shot for next weekend.2thumbs

John Andrews
10-20-2009, 09:31 AM
Sounds like a good idea, Goerge!

Indian George
10-20-2009, 09:51 AM
Sounds like a good idea, Goerge!

You are scary me You Ole Injun.trickortreat1

John Andrews
10-20-2009, 09:58 AM
You are scary me You Ole Injun.trickortreat1 shakin:haha: Yeah, right!

Indian George
10-23-2009, 05:55 AM
Looks like a quiet weekend around here.ride safe BBB Beaver is the only that ask if anyone is coming over.:confused:

murphda2
10-24-2009, 10:59 AM
Well, I got about 40 ft of steel in from Admiral yesterday. It's a mix of 1095 HRA
(3/16x2x72", 1/8x1x72") and some of thier 1084 (1/8x1x60"). I think it's time to get to practicin on my grinding some more. Gonna get to that right after I eat some lunch.

Indian George
10-24-2009, 01:59 PM
Well, I got about 40 ft of steel in from Admiral yesterday. It's a mix of 1095 HRA
(3/16x2x72", 1/8x1x72") and some of thier 1084 (1/8x1x60"). I think it's time to get to practicin on my grinding some more. Gonna get to that right after I eat some lunch.

Don't forget the pic's.:D

murphda2
10-24-2009, 09:25 PM
My humble workshop.

My shipment of steel

My patterns drawn out

Profiled blanks

I rough ground one of each pattern and hope to finish grinding them tomorrow. I would have worked longer today, but as you can see, my shop is mobile and requires sunlight to operate (LOL). Ok, I require sunlight to see whn I push everything out on my deck to work.

Indian George
10-24-2009, 09:30 PM
Done good Bubbakewlpics1

murphda2
10-24-2009, 10:50 PM
Thanks IG. I picked up on a few pointers at the Fall HI last weekend. My grinding is going a bit better than it was. THe only issue I have now is all of this 1095 I ordered. It ate up my saw blade today. I guess I should have bought the CRA as opposed to the HR from Admiral.

Indian George
10-25-2009, 06:09 AM
I guess I should have bought the CRA as opposed to the HR from Admiral.

Yep!!! I learned that same lesson awhile ago.:duh:

Indian George
10-26-2009, 05:19 AM
Well didn't do any shop work this weekend. Helped Toeburner move a gun safe and then he took me out to lunch on Saturday. Sunday, was dog day. Started at 9:00AM washing and grooming the three dogs, got done after one.:bud: Jaguar sheds like a polar bear.tugit

Indian George
10-29-2009, 10:02 AM
So far only Toeburner plans on come over on Saturday.:eek:Remember Bubbas, about my new shop rules are in place.2guns

Indian George
10-30-2009, 11:16 AM
Got Paul Sabin coming over too.;)

John Andrews
10-31-2009, 09:59 AM
Just sitting here going through mail, etc. this AM. Squaw says I gotta run some errands before my sheath maker gets here. I'm going to help him load a pickup load of split firewood. I aslo have some big oak chunks I have to split some burl out of here at home. I have a knife customer that wants a hunter with a handle make of some of the burl. The customer gave me the big chunks of oak.

Dang cuunks are so big I have to use a two wheeler cart to move them. The wood comes from his place, from a tree he used to play on.

I delivered a couple of knives this last 10 days or so, and have to get into the shop and get some work done. I got two more orders piled on this week.

I wanted to go squirrel hunting this afternoon but maybe will just work in the shop and complete a honeydo because it's so dang windy. You fellas know how high winds messes up squirrel hunting. Tomorrow is supposed to be better, less wind. Squirrels are gonna DIE! My .17HMR rifle says so.

Indian George
10-31-2009, 02:01 PM
You Ole Injun and your treerats.unsure I know put them in flour and fry them in butter.2guns I'll stick to the bottom feeders.:D

John Andrews
10-31-2009, 02:55 PM
You Ole Injun and your treerats.unsure I know put them in flour and fry them in butter.2guns I'll stick to the bottom feeders.:D Yeh, I know. And I told ya those bottom feeders would stunt yer growth, ya rascal. And just look what happened, IG! ;) :D
Your new little gal pal bit ya yet? She probably will if ya try to feed her some of those bottom feeders. :D

I got some of my chores done and helped my old pal go and load up a load of split firewood onto his old truck. I'm plain worn out after all that and more errands ran when I got home.

I plan on sneaking out with my rifle tomorrow morning and then coming home and working in the shop if I have any more energy left. Squaw says "HI", George. She wonders why I give such a nice guy such a hard time. She doesn't realize you actually deserve it. :D

What kind of trouble you getting into today, IG?

Indian George
10-31-2009, 06:13 PM
Give the Lil Lady a big hug and kiss for me.:D And she is right.:eek:
Three of us went to the HF Store and I end up walking out $60 poorer.:o
On the way back we stop by Gary (Wolf) Rua's house to wake his butt up. I was banging on all his front window and yelling "Honey I'm Home". ;) Then we can back here and I served lunch and some of my Ghost Chilies Relish. HEHEHEHE!!!

John Andrews
11-01-2009, 07:37 AM
Give the Lil Lady a big hug and kiss for me.:D And she is right.:eek:
Three of us went to the HF Store and I end up walking out $60 poorer.:o
On the way back we stop by Gary (Wolf) Rua's house to wake his butt up. I was banging on all his front window and yelling "Honey I'm Home". ;) Then we can back here and I served lunch and some of my Ghost Chilies Relish. HEHEHEHE!!! Already done, George!
Hey, what is a "HF store"?
I got up early and of course, wife was already up with the dogs and curled up in the livingroom watching TV. I'm gonna peek out the front and see of the bushytails are running. It was supposed to get cold last night, so the treerats will probably snooze in until it warms up.

That's funny, what you was yelling while knocking on Wolf's window! :D:D:D

I sure wish you live closer to here, IG. But probably is better you don't, considering all the trouble you would get me into. ;) :D

We handed out candy to all the little goblins and monsters last night. We had as much fun as the kids. We had a lot of kids to the front door this year. I was going to wear an IG costume but didn't want to scare the kids that bad. :D

Indian George
11-01-2009, 08:08 AM
HF = Harbor Freight. unsure You Ole Injun at least I can take my mask off.:eek: HEHEHEHEHHE!!!!
Trouble is my middle name.stogie

John Andrews
11-01-2009, 08:05 PM
Well, I didn't get out with the rifle today.:( Squaw cornered me into bordering the new carpet in the kitchen with quarter-round. By the time I got done with that job, dang squirrels had gone in. :eek::(

So, it was a couple of more honey-dos since the day was shot, and then take a nap since that almost real work done wore me out.

After a couple of errands tomorrow morning, I'm going to split those two big chunks of oak and salvage the burl out of it before going to work that afternoon. At least I am going to start the week with an easy patrol.

Working of any sort sucks on Sunday unless it's shop time. Sunday is meant for hunting, fishing, and taking a nap after a big meal if not working in the shop.

Indian George
11-02-2009, 06:58 AM
Big meal??? Would that be fried treerats and grits. :D

John Andrews
11-02-2009, 07:26 AM
Fried squirel, gravy, and ,taters, George. 2thumbs I like grits but nobody else here does. You sit down to my table, you would swear off those bottom feeders. :D ;)

Indian George
11-02-2009, 07:51 AM
Fried squirel, gravy, and ,taters, George. 2thumbs I like grits but nobody else here does. You sit down to my table, you would swear off those bottom feeders. :D ;)

I think not.:eek: You just stay with your fried treerat and Bear's Eye Stew.I'm cool I'll stick with my bottom feeders. HEHEHEHE!!!!

JAWilliams
11-03-2009, 09:26 AM

I think not.:eek: You just stay with your fried treerat and Bear's Eye Stew.I'm cool I'll stick with my bottom feeders. HEHEHEHE!!!!

IG you don't know what you are missing. Squirrel tastes like chicken. And man the gravy you get with that is great. Man I am hungry now.

Indian George
11-03-2009, 03:06 PM
I have eatten treerats, that I shot in my backyard. They are OK but, they can't match the bottom feeders.:D

John Andrews
11-04-2009, 08:59 AM
IG you don't know what you are missing. Squirrel tastes like chicken. And man the gravy you get with that is great. Man I am hungry now. Yep on that! 2thumbs

I have converted some hunting pals to hunting and eating squirrels. The have discovered a whole new world of hunting and at the same time, improving their hunting skills. And they love eating squirrels. One new convert brought some squirrel stew to work and shared with me. :D

Indian George
11-04-2009, 09:11 AM
Yep on that! 2thumbs

I have converted some hunting pals to hunting and eating squirrels. The have discovered a whole new world of hunting and at the same time, improving their hunting skills. And they love eating squirrels. One new convert brought some squirrel stew to work and shared with me. :D

Glad I don't work with you, You Ole Injun. HEHEHEHEHE!!!

Phil Dwyer
11-04-2009, 11:52 AM
Well, hunting squirrels is probably more fun than eating them. Now that I think of it though, squirrel & partridge fricassee over fluffy mashed potatoes is pretty darn yummy!

One of the best hunts I ever had, including those in the White Mountains of the Appalachians and in the Rockies, was a squirrel hunt. As a kid I used to love sneaking into the oak groves after school with my .22. I would hunker down and wait for just the right moment when at least two of them were on the ground and try and pop them both. I'd only have one chance because they would become pretty scarce after shooting. One day just as I had two about ready to go I noticed a third out of the corner of my eye off to the other side by the river. It turned out to be a pheasant. I managed to bag it and two squirrels with that little bolt action in the span of seconds. Talk about a RUSH! Like I said, one of the best hunts I ever had.

Tree rats indeed. :rolleyes:

Indian George
11-06-2009, 09:25 AM
Well, hunting squirrels is probably more fun than eating them. Now that I think of it though, squirrel & partridge fricassee over fluffy mashed potatoes is pretty darn yummy!
I managed to bag it and two squirrels with that little bolt action in the span of seconds. Talk about a RUSH! Like I said, one of the best hunts I ever had.

Tree rats indeed. :rolleyes:

Yep???? Two Treearts.pup2 I bet they weighted 10# apiece, too???? HEHEHEHEHE!!!

Indian George
11-06-2009, 09:27 AM
Doing my wifely duties today around the house.unsure I have a newbie over for some one on one damascus making tomorrow, he is from the other forum and his name is Brad Voyles.weinerdog1

Jim Adams Customs
11-06-2009, 10:39 AM
whoops wrong area

Phil Dwyer
11-08-2009, 04:43 AM
whoops wrong area

We hear that a lot around Indian George's place! :eek:

Indian George
11-08-2009, 06:15 AM
We hear that a lot around Indian George's place! :eek:

This is true, but it seems to happens more often when you are here.huh1:D

John Andrews
11-09-2009, 08:29 AM
Well, I got out for a tad yesterday, popped two right through their front teeth, fox squirrels. I was doing good until I tried to cross a creek with algae on the underwater rocks. It was just like jumping on ice. I took a dump and banged up my rifle and knocked the scope off zero.

So, back to the truck and to the range down the road. At the range I discovered the scope was way off. Rifle shot about 3" low and about 6" to the left at 50 meters.

I got the rifle sighted in and was about to head back to the woods when the phone rang. Wife had dinner ready, so it sounded like a good time to hang it up.

After dinner and squirrels cleaned, it was nap time. No, no work done in the shop yesterday.

I got an order for two #$@^%&*%$ fillet knives with sheaths the guy wants done before XMas. I don't think I actually make a dime on fillet knives and try to turn them down. The same client owns one of my hunters, so I finally gave in. I'm working them in with some other work that has to be done by the same deadline.

George, you got the new guy corrupted yet? :D

Indian George
11-09-2009, 10:20 AM
George, you got the new guy corrupted yet? :D

Yep!!!! Brad was born and brought up in Texas and lives in Vegas. :D
He tried and bought a jar of my Ht'g Relish. I made a seafood dinner with steamers, littlenecks, scollops and shrimp. 2thumbs I also gave him a tour of the area, showed him the Revolutionary Fort Phoenix, the oldest working jail in New England, fishing fleet, Whaler's Mansions and etc..2thumbs

John Andrews
11-10-2009, 11:49 AM
Geeze, you probably remember all that old stuff when it was brand new, George.

Indian George
11-10-2009, 12:19 PM
Geeze, you probably remember all that old stuff when it was brand new, George.

Now!!! You Ole Injun, how many times have you told me, how you seen the Big Bang???? HEHEHEHEHE!! You should take a pix off that comet, that's hanging out of your backside.:confused::eek::D Don't they call it The Rhoids Comet????

John Andrews
11-11-2009, 02:49 PM
Now!!! You Ole Injun, how many times have you told me, how you seen the Big Bang???? HEHEHEHEHE!! You should take a pix off that comet, that's hanging out of your outside.:confused::eek::D :D:D:D:D:D:D Like you got much room to talk, ya old rascal! :D

My weekend started today, got holiday off and tomorrow is a floating holiday. Two day work week ain't bad at all.

I took wife out for a grand breakfast and then drove her around for her morning shopping.

She says, "HI, GEORGE"! She asked if you still plan on moving west. I told her your parole isn't up yet, so you can't leave the state. BWAAAAHAAAHAA! She was shocked until I told her you haven't been and aren't a jailbird. :D:D Maybe an outlaw, but not a varmint. ;):bud:

I was going to work in the shop this afternoon, but I feel a nap coming on.

John Andrews
11-13-2009, 08:26 AM
Ya'll up yet? I got up early, for no other reason other than to get some pc stuff out of the way so I could come here.

Plans dashed this morning, I have dang routine doc appointment at 9:45 this morning. :(

I was hoping to sneak out and chase treerats and then after it warms up, work in the shop. I got squaw's errands out of the way yesterday, so as to have fun this morning.

Pertaining to knife work, I'm cleaning and organizing the shop today before I jump into some work. You fellas know how stuff gets piled up in the shop.

I have a shop trick I wanna share. Some of my knives have stacked handles. As you know, sections of rough or irregular shaped materials sometimes are difficult to cut and work down to proper demensions.

For antler sections of handles, I hot glue a piece of antler onto a squared piece of scrap wood and rip or cut it on my table saw. You can safely and easily rip a piece of antler using the wood against your rip guide or use your crosscut slide guide to cut parallel cutoff pieces for stacking. It's quick and easy, saves time and a lot if work.
I have a carbide blade on my table saw that allows cutting hard antler and other hard material.

I use just enough hot glue to hold the piece on the board. What's left that's glued onto the board after cutting what you need is usually pretty easily twisted or cut off the board, or just left on for the next project.

Indian George
11-13-2009, 01:47 PM
Cooool Tip, You Ole Injun You.2thumbs

John Andrews
11-14-2009, 08:50 AM
Thanks, George! I figure it would save you from zinging off some of your fingers, or hard irregular stuff like antler kicking on ya.

Indian George
11-14-2009, 08:57 AM
Thanks, George! I figure it would save you from zinging off some of your fingers, or hard irregular stuff like antler kicking on ya.

I can't spare anymore fingertips.wheelchair

Indian George
11-20-2009, 06:43 AM
I been thinking of going up to the NCCA Knife show on Sunday. I wouldn't think that to many people will be there because of the NYC Show.
There is a Toys For Tots run that I plan on going. I got some toys that I am donating in Helen's name.:D

T Blade
11-20-2009, 03:42 PM
Wa..Wa..Wally, I'll call you tomorrow let you know what I'll be doing as far as the knife show on Sunday.

John Andrews
11-21-2009, 08:15 AM
I been thinking of going up to the NCCA Knife show on Sunday. I wouldn't think that to many people will be there because of the NYC Show.
There is a Toys For Tots run that I plan on going. I got some toys that I am donating in Helen's name.:D That's really nice, George! You be real careful on those two wheelers. We want to keep you around to torment.

I'm on my second cup of coffee, haven't made up my mind what's on the list today. Shop or hunting? Today or tomorrow has to include some hunting. My hunting was curtailed last weekend, so my rifle is screaming to go.

I got a couple of more orders last week, one for a mammoth ivory tanto. So, I been shopping for ivory on the net. I think I will send it to WSSI for stabilizing when I get the ivory. I was going to ask you experts, ya'll recommend stabilizing the ivory, probably?

The only ivory I have used is for some handle inlays, some ivory I got from our one and only great Dave Larsen.

Indian George
11-21-2009, 08:25 AM
That's really nice, George! You be real careful on those two wheelers. We want to keep you around to torment.

I'm on my second cup of coffee, haven't made up my mind what's on the list today. Shop or hunting? Today or tomorrow has to include some hunting. My hunting was curtailed last weekend, so my rifle is screaming to go.

I got a couple of more orders last week, one for a mammoth ivory tanto. So, I been shopping for ivory on the net. I think I will send it to WSSI for stabilizing when I get the ivory. I was going to ask you experts, ya'll recommend stabilizing the ivory, probably?

The only ivory I have used is for some handle inlays, some ivory I got from our one and only great Dave Larsen.

Treerat hunting?????2guns Make sure that they don't drop a nut on your head, because your nutty enough you Ole Injun you. HEHEHEHEHE!!!
My bikes aren't on the road. unsure
I would stablize the ivory.2thumbs

John Andrews
11-21-2009, 10:42 AM
Thanks, George, ya rascal. :bud: I know you've had quite a bit of experience with ivory.

Wife just took off with son to visit some of her out of town relation. I am going to putter around in the shop and then probably sneak out and terrorize some squirrels before she gets home and lowers the hatchet. I'll tell her George made me do it. You would probably be surprised (or not) of how much you get blamed for, George. :D

Indian George
11-23-2009, 06:04 AM

I'll tell her George made me do it. You would probably be surprised (or not) of how much you get blamed for, George. :D

No problem, give the Pretty Lil Squaw a big hug and kiss from me.:D;)

John Andrews
11-25-2009, 11:45 AM
No problem, give the Pretty Lil Squaw a big hug and kiss from me.:D;)

Sure will, George!
I just got back from dentist office Jaw Drop and got sore mouth now. I gotta work tonight and have the rest of the week off.

I just got some supplies in that arrived and am spending most of the weekend in the shop, except Saturday. THAT day is for squirrel hunting!

John Andrews
11-27-2009, 03:35 PM
Guess whut, Goerge? Wife and I been married 35 years today. She is so lucky. :bud:
She went on her morning walk this morning and found a $20 bill, the second one she's found on her morning walks. She hit the stores with the checkbook and took the still damp 20 with her. :D

Daughter stopped by today and dropped off a couple of nice gift cards and flowers. I done spent my Cabela's gift card she gave me, went shopping online.

Wife says "Hi, George"! She asked if you are really as onery as we let on here. I told her you have a reputation to live up to, and so of course, yes. :D

Indian George
11-28-2009, 06:58 AM
Guess whut, Goerge? Wife and I been married 35 years today. She is so lucky. :bud:
She went on her morning walk this morning and found a $20 bill, the second one she's found on her morning walks. She hit the stores with the checkbook and took the still damp 20 with her. :D

Daughter stopped by today and dropped off a couple of nice gift cards and flowers. I done spent my Cabela's gift card she gave me, went shopping online.

Wife says "Hi, George"! She asked if you are really as onery as we let on here. I told her you have a reputation to live up to, and so of course, yes. :D

Congratulations2thumbs2thumbs. She is one strong Lil Sqaw to put up with you that long. HEHEHEHEHEE! I hope you made her a nice dinner, without any of your fried treerats.huh1 :D

John Andrews
11-29-2009, 11:20 AM
Congratulations2thumbs2thumbs. She is one strong Lil Sqaw to put up with you that long. HEHEHEHEHEE! I hope you made her a nice dinner, without any of your fried treerats.huh1 :D :D Thanks, George! Actually, I took her out for another nice dinner. She got hungry before the freezer squirrels thawed out. ;):p:D

John Andrews
12-01-2009, 10:31 AM
Forgot to mention, I had BBQ ribs because the place didn't even have squirrel on the menue. :confused::rolleyes: My wife caught on I was going to ask the waiter why the hell they didn't have squirrel on the menue. She gave me her evil eye look, warning me not to ask. :D

Indian George
12-05-2009, 07:00 AM
Forgot to mention, I had BBQ ribs because the place didn't even have squirrel on the menue. :confused::rolleyes: My wife caught on I was going to ask the waiter why the hell they didn't have squirrel on the menue. She gave me her evil eye look, warning me not to ask. :D

Your lucky that you just got the eye.:confused::D

Indian George
12-05-2009, 07:01 AM
I am heading out this morning to Fall River to pickup a post vise for $30. Found it on Craigslist.:cool:

murphda2
12-05-2009, 05:15 PM
I spent the afternoon hauling stuff over to my new shop. I'm really excited that I now have a place to work day, night, rain, sleet, or snow. Now I just gotta get me some more lights and a heater. Been thinkin I might need to wire a small breaker box into the place too. If I overload the circuit with lights, heater, and a piece of equipment, the landloard might get a little irritated when I call him to come reset it at 0'dark-thirty. With my own breaker, I know that I've overloaded it and can reduce my use and reset it myself.

http://knifedogs.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=3808&d=1260054978

Indian George
12-06-2009, 06:23 AM
I spent the afternoon hauling stuff over to my new shop. I'm really excited that I now have a place to work day, night, rain, sleet, or snow. Now I just gotta get me some more lights and a heater. Been thinkin I might need to wire a small breaker box into the place too. If I overload the circuit with lights, heater, and a piece of equipment, the landloard might get a little irritated when I call him to come reset it at 0'dark-thirty. With my own breaker, I know that I've overloaded it and can reduce my use and reset it myself.

http://knifedogs.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=3808&d=1260054978

Coooool!!!!!2thumbs

John Andrews
12-07-2009, 08:38 AM
Nice setup, Murph! Breakers, good idea, too.

Indian George
12-12-2009, 06:32 AM
To cold to work in the smithy.:mad::mad:

rasret01
12-12-2009, 07:32 AM
Between the forge and the HT Relish, cold should not be a factor in your shop!

Dick

Indian George
12-12-2009, 07:46 AM
HEHEHEHE!!! My Ht'g Relish doesn't work to well on my 300# Fisher anvil.:o:o;):D

Shawn fu
12-13-2009, 07:46 AM
Too much HT relish and you don't want any open flames anyhow!:rolleyes::D

Indian George
12-13-2009, 08:04 AM
Too much HT relish and you don't want any open flames anyhow!:rolleyes::D

I should of put some relish on the angle grinder. It would of cauterized your wound, then you wouldn't have ended in the ER, Right Scar. HEHEHEHEHEHE!!!

John Andrews
12-13-2009, 09:41 AM
I should of put some relish on the angle grinder. It would of cauterized your wound, then you wouldn't have ended in the ER, Right Scar. HEHEHEHEHEHE!!! Ya think? My guess is that HT relish would disolve the grinder before it cauterized his wound. ;):D

Yep on it being too miserable to be outside pounding on steel, IG! :o You folks got hammered, too.

We had Christmas here yesteday for the kids and grandkids that live close to here. Most of them will be in Florida during regular Christmas.

One of my customers got his shorthairs burned on some cheaper than cheap "stabilized wood" he bought on ebay. He wanted to order his own handle wood without knowing beans about wood and very little about real stabilizing. I'm making a Tanto for him and had it all figured out with mammoth ivory when he ran across the "great deal" on some wood. :mad:

That's one of the reasons we know how and where to shop for good material and know about what we have to pay for it. We also know whom to trust for great deals when they pop up.

A few years ago I bought some large rough stock over the net of what was to be Osage burl, considered burl by the seller. when I got it worked up at home, there was little burl and some great grained wood with a lot of plain Jane stuff. I came out OK but would have been screwed of I didn't take my time and being careful of how I worked up the wood. Actual burl was enough for two knives.

When I finally got the wood stabilized, I had a pretty hefty investment involved in what was a "great bargain".

I was gonna go snipe some treerats this weekend, but am running out of weekend.

You rascals stay warm and comfy!

Indian George
12-13-2009, 10:33 AM
Shot one of those Treerats for me, you Ole Great Redskin Hunter. HEHEHEHEHE!!!

John Andrews
12-14-2009, 08:35 AM
Weather crapped so I just went shppong with wife and picked up shop supplies with some of Christmas gift cards I received from my lovely daughter. At least the stuff I bought didn't cost me anything. :D

Dang squirrels will live for another week, George. :o

John Andrews
12-17-2009, 09:12 AM
I got paid last night for a pair of fillet knives with dyed and stabilized tiger maple handles. I sure like the finished wood but that wood sure messes up everything.

I use only stabilized wood now, have for some time. It ain't cheap to have stabilized but it sure takes the worry out of using wood and beating yourself up trying to finish it. The folks at WSSI are sure great and none better to do business with. I do buy some great stabilized burl from Gene Martin. Gene is for sure the guy you want to order stabilized wood from. 2thumbs

I just remembered I forgot to mail out those new mill end bits to Dave Larsen. I hope the big guy doesn't kick my butt for my poor memory next time I see him. I had 3 rounded up for him and laid out. Wife did some cleaning and one of the bits disappeared. :eek::o:mad: Dave, I will have those other two bits in the mail this week. At least she didn't lose the carbide bit. :o

It's supposed to be about 40F or so today! I have to go to work early this afternoon, messes up what could have been a great shop afternoon. At least my usual 3 day weekend starts tomorrow.

I didn't get my coal forge lined while the weather was warm enough. Maybe I can move it into the basement and line it this winter. I have an extra big hand crank blower in good shape to build another one. You reckon I could find some shop elves to crank the blower, IG? You reckon they will work for food?

Squirrel hunting will have to wait until Sunday.

Indian George
12-17-2009, 10:31 AM
[QUOTE=John Andrews;38339. You reckon I could find some shop elves to crank the blower, IG? You reckon they will work for food?

Squirrel hunting will have to wait until Sunday.[/QUOTE]

I do not think the Elves eat Fried Treerats even if you served it with mace. (The spray not the spice) HEHEHEHEHEHE!!!

Indian George
12-18-2009, 05:21 AM
Looks like keeping warm is all that I will be doing this weekend and maybe shoveling snow too. shkn
It's 10 degrees here today with a with chill -1. Burrrrrrrrhuh1

Indian George
12-20-2009, 07:08 AM
Boy!!!! 13" of snow and still counting.cry me a river 1

John Andrews
12-20-2009, 07:42 AM
Boy!!!! 13" of snow and still counting.cry me a river 1 :eek: :( NOT GOOD, IG! We got about 1 1/2", enough for us!

I have to finish those fillet knives today, am going out and crank up the kerosene shop heater pretty soon. I hit the coffee pot at 5:30 this morning, wife had fresh pot already waiting.

Maybe I can bribe her into thawing out some squirrels to fry for dinner. Sure beats those bottom feeders! ;):D

I reckon you will spend a lot of today just digging out, George. Good thing you got that nice new truck that gets aound in the stuff.

My ol' Tundra gets around pretty good in the snow without sandbags in the bed.

I have to be able to get to work or else someone else probably gets forced to work a double shift.

Our patrol vehicle fleet includes only one 4X4, so we have sandbags in the other GVT ford truck beds. Our Ford patrol cars have rear wheel drive and are really limited.

Ice storms and whiteouts are our worst worry, naturally. Our installation leaders have cut way back on snow and ice removal, and have gone cheap on applying sand and salt. :(

Indian George
12-20-2009, 08:00 AM
:eek: :( NOT GOOD, IG! We got about 1 1/2", enough for us!

Maybe I can bribe her into thawing out some squirrels to fry for dinner. Sure beats those bottom feeders! ;):D

I reckon you will spend a lot of today just digging out, George. Good thing you got that nice new truck that gets around in the stuff.

:(
Hey!!!! You got to dig out the Treerats from a snowbank????:confused::confused::D No fridge in the Tepee???? HEHEHEHHEHE!!!

T Blade
12-20-2009, 02:10 PM
Yowza, just got in from removing snow. Been at it since around 7AM. It was still snowing when I ran the tractor/snowthrower and shovel, but at that time it was already over a foot with drifts over 4 feet. Went back and did it again around 11AM when the snow was letting up.

After all of that, my Brother called, he just got back from the ER with a nasty case of pneumonia and bronkitis. My brother Rob usually takes care of the snow removal at my folks house, but with him down for the count, I had to go over my parents and take care of it.

Have a nice rest of the weekend.

Indian George
12-25-2009, 06:27 AM
Well tomorrow, will finally get over 40 here.2thumbs Have a few Bubba's coming over. Gary Rua, Paul Sabin and Ron Rocha. I'll be forging up a Bowie with 1095 or W-2. The W-2 I still have to cut, but I need to fix my big bandsaw first. The other guys will be doing Damascus. Also take my new speed controlled motor on my Singer Sewing Machine for a ride. HEHEHEHEHE!!!
Merry X'mas2thumbs Y'all have a good one.ride safedancing dog

John Andrews
12-26-2009, 02:08 PM
Hey!!!! You got to dig out the Treerats from a snowbank????:confused::confused::D No fridge in the Tepee???? HEHEHEHHEHE!!! Yep, got fridge and everything, George! :D We got another about 4" of the stuff, so I tried out the snowblower I recently bought. Worked good, sure did cut down on the time and work.

Y'all dug out after that big blizzard, folks?

Maybe treerats get sniped next weekend. Wife and I hit a couple of stores and ran errands today without seeing any squirrels out. I would have wasted my time going hunting.

You folks be real careful and stay safe out there on those slick roads and bad weather. Hey, if you are going to IG's today, pelt him real good with snowballs for me. :D

Indian George
12-27-2009, 06:36 AM
Hey, if you are going to IG's today, pelt him real good with snowballs for me. :D

Yesterday my hands gave out when forge a Bowie out of 5160JD. Good thing Gary was here to finish up for me.2thumbs Also have one out of 1095.;)
It's in the 50's today so I'll be drawing out the tangs with my press.:D
You Ole Injun, if you come by I'll will not be throwing any snowballs at you. But what I will be throwing is related to my dogs. HEHEHEHEHE!!!!

T Blade
12-27-2009, 07:24 AM
Jump ahead 2 weekends from now, Wa..Wa..Wally will celebrate his 61st Bday on Jan. 9th 2thumbs. My Band will be playing at the Hour Bar in West Warwick, RI that night. IG see if Paul is going to chauffeur you around again. Take Toecutter with you. I'll see you at the Bar cool 1 We'll be feeding you shots of Jose :eek:

John Andrews
12-27-2009, 08:53 AM
Jump ahead 2 weekends from now, Wa..Wa..Wally will celebrate his 61st Bday on Jan. 9th 2thumbs. My Band will be playing at the Hour Bar in West Warwick, RI that night. IG see if Paul is going to chauffeur you around again. Take Toecutter with you. I'll see you at the Bar cool 1 We'll be feeding you shots of Jose :eek: Two shots later rascal IG will be face down on the bar. :D :D :D :D

Indian George
12-27-2009, 09:30 AM
Two shots later rascal IG will be face down on the bar. :D :D :D :D

As the old saying goes (I'm sure you Ole Injun can relate to this, firewater) One tequila, two tequila. three tequila, floor. HEHEHEHEHE!!!

stabber
12-27-2009, 10:04 AM
:eek:OH Man!! I see IG gettin blasted!! Go B..B...Bubba go!!!!!:bud::D
Keep an eye on W...Wa....Wally, Beaver;)

T Blade
12-27-2009, 11:27 AM
Two shots later rascal IG will be face down on the bar. :D :D :D :D

John, I think last year it was more like 2 or 3 bottles of Jose before that happened, and I think it was me & Toecutter face down not Wa..Wa..Wally (he's a real pro at Jose) :eek: :D :cool:

:eek:OH Man!! I see IG gettin blasted!! Go B..B...Bubba go!!!!!:bud::D
Keep an eye on W...Wa....Wally, Beaver;)

Stabber, who's gonna keep and eye on me, though I'll have to stay sober enough to play music :D huh1

Don't forget, the more you drink, the better we sound :bud:

John Andrews
12-29-2009, 09:16 AM
As the old saying goes (I'm sure you Ole Injun can relate to this, firewater) One tequila, two tequila. three tequila, floor. HEHEHEHEHE!!! :D:D:D:D IG, when it comes to tequila, you aren't wrong when it applies to this old Indian. Last time I messed with that stuff, I was hung over for 3 days. :o It was on a hot night in a bar on the town square of old downtown El Paso. We were drinking beer and pretty well along on a drunk when one of my pals got us started on tequila. :rolleyes: The next day I thought I was waking up in the morgue and still don't know how I got home. :D

T Blade
12-29-2009, 02:45 PM
:D:D:D:D IG, when it comes to tequila, you aren't wrong when it applies to this old Indian. Last time I messed with that stuff, I was hung over for 3 days. :o It was on a hot night in a bar on the town square of old downtown El Paso. We were drinking beer and pretty well along on a drunk when one of my pals got us started on tequila. :rolleyes: The next day I thought I was waking up in the morgue and still don't know how I got home. :D

John, that tekillya thing sounds like last year for IG's 60 Bday. Maybe this year on Jan. 9th, he'll be coming to RI to watch my band play, we had a designated driver last year, IG may be able to get Paul to drive again 2thumbs

John Andrews
12-30-2009, 08:47 AM
John, that tekillya thing sounds like last year for IG's 60 Bday. Maybe this year on Jan. 9th, he'll be coming to RI to watch my band play, we had a designated driver last year, IG may be able to get Paul to drive again 2thumbs :D:D:D I rest my case, IG! :D:D:D
Sure would be a great time being at the birthday bash with you fellas! You fellas must be pretty good musicians, T Blade. 2thumbs

T Blade
12-31-2009, 01:21 AM
[QUOTE=John Andrews;41880......You fellas must be pretty good musicians, T Blade. 2thumbs[/QUOTE]

:eek: the more you drink, the better we sound :D

Indian George
12-31-2009, 06:20 AM
:eek: the more you drink, the better we sound :D

To bad it doesn't work with your looks. HEHEHEHEHE!!!!

T Blade
12-31-2009, 01:11 PM
To bad it doesn't work with your looks. HEHEHEHEHE!!!!

Who give a dam about looks, it's the sound man!

Just hanging tonight. Linda and I are going out for dinner, Chinese, than back to the ranch and settle in for the new year, gotta bottle of bubbly and a 12 pack, what else do ya need, except to watch some of the 3 Stooges marathon, watchin' the stooges is very much like watchin' IG around his shop :D

Happy New Year to All 2thumbs

Indian George
12-31-2009, 01:24 PM
Who give a dam about looks, it's the sound man!

Just hanging tonight. Linda and I are going out for dinner, Chinese, than back to the ranch and settle in for the new year, gotta bottle of bubbly and a 12 pack, what else do ya need, except to watch some of the 3 Stooges marathon, watchin' the stooges is very much like watchin' IG around his shop :D

Happy New Year to All 2thumbs

Okay, BBBBBB Beaver Curly.oh no! 1 Wasn't he the shortest and fattest one. HEHEHEHEHE!!!
Not one for the bubbly.:eek: But send in the Jose Black.2thumbs

John Andrews
01-01-2010, 11:03 AM
Them wimmin folk may not find us handsome, but they find us handy!

I had to work until midnight last night, was on patrol during single digit figures with wind, ice and snow covered roads. Dang deer were popping up everywhere on the roads.

Hey, how about that big bright moon last night? Awesome, huh? It was really bright, the moonlight shining on the snow.

It's really cold this morning, just above 0 and going to stay cold for a while.

Happy New Year, folks!

Indian George
01-01-2010, 12:06 PM
Them wimmin folk may not find us handsome, but they find us handy!

I had to work until midnight last night, was on patrol during single digit figures with wind, ice and snow covered roads. Dang deer were popping up everywhere on the roads.

Hey, how about that big bright moon last night? Awesome, huh? It was really bright, the moonlight shining on the snow.

It's really cold this morning, just above 0 and going to stay cold for a while.

Happy New Year, folks!

They call it a Blue Moon the second full moon in the month and it was on New Years. They said it would happen on New Years again for a few decades.
You Ole Injun, I'm cooking up shelled seafood today. Boiled, not fried. HEHEHEHEHE!!! Oh Great Redskin Hunt, you did shot some of the deer.:confused: I am still waiting on a venison care package.2thumbs
I know it will be a long wait and not to hold my breath.cry me a river 1:haha:

John Andrews
01-02-2010, 08:38 AM
Nope, I ain't shot no deer this year, don't hunt them anymore, Mr. Rascal. If I did, you would sure get some venison.

You been cooking and eating those bottom feeders again, ain't ya? I hear eating those critters will stunt yer growth. How about it? ;) :D

Yep on the blue moon, was really something to see. If I was deer hunting that night, I wouldn't even have needed a light.

Hey George, it's -10F here, -20F with the windchill. Makes a fella just want to run out there and chase something, huh? ;)

You folks there must have better than a foot of snow on the ground. We have about 6 1/2" of it on the ground. I sent the rest of it your way, George.

I plan on going to AZ and fish for a week, planning on March. Big stripers will be hitting real good at Lake Havasu. My brother Charlie has a winter home there, at Havasu.

One of my sons is going to hook up with my brother and me after son finishes a 3 day bass tournament somewhere in AZ.

All you folks be careful on all that slick stuff out there and toss a couple of snowballs at George for me, will ya?

Indian George
01-02-2010, 09:10 AM
Nope, I ain't shot no deer this year, don't hunt them anymore, Mr. Rascal. If I did, you would sure get some venison.

You been cooking and eating those bottom feeders again, ain't ya? I hear eating those critters will stunt yer growth. How about it? ;) :D

Yep on the blue moon, was really something to see. If I was deer hunting that night, I wouldn't even have needed a light.

Hey George, it's -10F here, -20F with the windchill. Makes a fella just want to run out there and chase something, huh? ;)

You folks there must have better than a foot of snow on the ground. We have about 6 1/2" of it on the ground. I sent the rest of it your way, George.

I plan on going to AZ and fish for a week, planning on March. Big stripers will be hitting real good at Lake Havasu. My brother Charlie has a winter home there, at Havasu.

One of my sons is going to hook up with my brother and me after son finishes a 3 day bass tournament somewhere in AZ.

All you folks be careful on all that slick stuff out there and toss a couple of snowballs at George for me, will ya?

You should hook up with my son in Tucson and he'll take you out bird hunting.2thumbs That way you can get new feathers for your Headdress. HEHEHEHEHEHE!!

John Andrews
01-02-2010, 09:46 AM
:D:D:D Sure would be a blast meeting him, George! He raises bird dogs, doesn't he? He get much time to hunt, considereing his new job position?

Yeah, my headdress feathers are pretty well worn out! ;) I can't wear it in the shop because it gets caught in in machinery and tends to catch fire at times, too. :rolleyes::D Shop stinks for a week when it catches fire.

One of my sons lives in Phoenix and does a lot of hunting and fishing. He has some great hunting north of his place, even a great oak area full of squirrels. From what he and my brother Charlie tells me, quail are everywhere out there and nobody hunts them. Son got his elk a short while back.

When the weather gets better, you going to heat and flatten some of that shrapnel I sent ya, George? I wonder what it would look like in a cannister billet after pressed, too. I still remember how that beautiful shrapnel Purple Heart Knife turned out, the one our pal made.

You probably have about a thousand projects to get done before that, though. Ain't enough of good ol' George to go around nowdays, from all you are up to.

I can sure see why you are not out firing up your forge, George! Dang winter!

Indian George
01-02-2010, 10:31 AM
I still have that big piece of shrapnel put aside to forge out a tomahawk head for you.:D
My son is still raising English Pointers and he is telling me that his new female is going to be a real nice hunting dog.
Here are pix's of her and her sister. She is the one in the middle. HEHEHEHEHEHE!!!
My son is moving back to Phoenix the first quarter on this year. His company is shutting down the Tucson office.
He goes hunting almost every weekend and allot on a Indian Reservation.
Pic the Reservation.2thumbs

John Andrews
01-03-2010, 09:15 AM
Nice looking dogs! I hope he likes the Phoenix area. He's going to miss the hunting where he's at, but there is some real good hunting north of Phoenix. Awesome on the shrapnel hawk, George!

It's 0 outside and -15F with the windchill. Wife went and laid down and dogs are underfoot. The dogs don't stay out long in this kind of cold. It would sure be cold in the doghouse with them, huh, George?

T Blade, I heard that promise Elvis made you. He wouldn't make knives if you wouldn't sing. He didn't want you pulling his fans away from him.

Indian George
01-03-2010, 09:55 AM
My son will drive any distances to go hunting. He is a hunting junkie.:D

John Andrews
01-03-2010, 11:44 AM
My son will drive any distances to go hunting. He is a hunting junkie.:D That's good to hear, George!

I fired up the kerosene heater in the shop, am waiting for it to heat up. It was about +01F in there. I have to AcraGlas some stabilized Osage orange scales on a hunter and start the layout of a CPM420V guthook today. I have some other hunters to start, but I have plenty of time for those.

I had to cram as usual this year to get Christmas orders done. Y'all know how that is, going to get Christmas orders done well ahead of time. :rolleyes::o

Also today, I have to go buy another fuel funnel for filling my heater. Last one got stolen along with about 20 gallons of fuel and a heater out of my other locked shop building. :mad:

I might as well snag another bandsaw blade while I'm there, seeing as how I got in a hurry when I was cutting excess wood off one of the two Christmas order knife handles. Wood bandsaw blades don't like knife tangs.

Indian George
01-03-2010, 02:36 PM
Wood bandsaw blades don't like knife tangs.
Boy!!!! I didn't know that You Ole Redskin You. HEHEHEHEHEHE!!!!
It's sounds like you may have some Portagge blood in you too.
:haha:

John Andrews
01-04-2010, 08:31 AM
Boy!!!! I didn't know that You Ole Redskin You. HEHEHEHEHEHE!!!!
It's sounds like you may have some Portagge blood in you too.
:haha: :D:D:D:D:D:D:D I don't think so, but a fella would think so! :D

I'm glad that's the only dumb thing I've done in the shop. Well, maybe for a while, anyhow. :D

We have several dogs, one being a mild mannered female Bassett. She follows me everywhere. I tried her out as a shop buddy. She was great. That is, until she left the shop and left black footprints and a big dirty butt print on my wife's freshly shampooed diningroom carpet. :bud: :running dog:

Dang, those short female Cherokees have a temper! :eek::rolleyes: :D

Indian George
01-05-2010, 07:28 AM
[QUOTE=John Andrews;43398

Dang, those short female Cherokees have a temper! :eek::rolleyes: :D[/QUOTE]

I wouldn't want to see her going on the Warpath. shkn:beg::D:D

John Andrews
01-06-2010, 10:10 AM
I wouldn't want to see her going on the Warpath. shkn:beg::D:D No, you wouldn't! :running dog::D

Indian George
01-07-2010, 11:23 AM
I am already to start partying for my B'Day. 2guns Try to get this new Lil Lady to go with us.:eek: Boy!!!! She would be a flower among all the thorns, that are riding with me. HEHEHEHEHE!!

Indian George
01-08-2010, 12:23 PM
Party Saturday

Come celebrate my B'Day with me at.
The Hour Bar
1193 Main Street
West Warwick, RI

Jan. 9, 2010 from 9:30 PM till 1:00AM

The Lightnin' Brothers band will be playing. It's The BBBBB Beaver's band.2thumbs

Indian George
01-14-2010, 09:22 AM
Looks like it will be in the 40's starting tomorrow and into the weekend.bouncewow1dancing dog I'll be slice a mosaic billet today and welding it tomorrow. Saturday be forging.cool 1

John Andrews
01-16-2010, 11:34 AM
I hope that goes well for you, George! How went the birthday bash? I bet you fellas had a grand time.

George would be a cheap date for a gal. Two drinks and he's face down on the bar. :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Wife is in the hospital again, went in Thursday. I had to call 911 and have an ambulance take her. It's her heart again. They put another stent in her heart yesterday, I think # 18. She's in her early 50's and has had serious heart trouble since she was 45.

She gets to come home today, whenever the docs get off their butts and release her.

I did get some shop work done because I took a couple of days off work and mixed shop work with being with my wife at the hospital.

You fellas have a grand weekend and George, don't catch your shirttail on fire. :running dog: I bet it's going to be some awesome steel, George! 2thumbs

Indian George
01-16-2010, 01:36 PM
I wish the best for your Lil" Lady.

John Andrews
01-17-2010, 09:07 AM
Thanks, George!
I got her home yesterday evening and getting back to normal. She's doing pretty good. She just rolled some smokes for me with her tabletop machine, 5 packs. She had a fresh pot of coffee brewed when I got up this morning. I think she wanted to get home so she could spoil me some more. :D

She says, "Hi, George"! She also asked me why I call you rascal. I will be glad to explain that to her. :rolleyes::D

I'm going to eat breakfast, put wife's new license tag on her auto license plate, then fire up the shop heater. I have another stabilized Osage orange handled hunter to finish, have to work down the handle and bolsters and then just a little buffing to finish before my sheath maker does his art.

I had a bunch of Osage stabilized and am going through it pretty fast. I'm going to have to get out and cut some more and dry it. I'm going to cut some Osage hawk handles and some walking staffs, too.

My shop and also my storage building have lofts that work great for drying areas. I have been having pretty good luck drying wood without checking.

I still have some big oak burl, three big chunks probably weighing 150 pounds, and some big walnut root to work up with the chainsaw, work it down to workable pieces. The big piece of walnut weighs probably 200 pounds or so. The walnut is drying on the storage shed floor, too heavy to move above to the loft.

I have a customer that gave me the oak burl. He wants some of it on a hunter I'm going to build for him. He says he used to play on the tree the wood came from. It's a lot of work for one knife!

Indian George
01-17-2010, 09:17 AM
I am glad she is doing well. Give her a big hug and kiss for me You Ole Injun You.;):D
That's sure is allot of handle material. 2thumbs
I had the new student over yesterday and he made up a billet of cable Damascus. Also had Gary Rua doing a forging demo, he forge out a Bowie out of W-2. Todd left here with a big smile on his face. :D

John Andrews
01-18-2010, 08:01 AM
Thanks, George!
Hey, I'm sure glad you fellas had a great time. That W2 forges pretty hard?

Did you fellas use your press on that cable, or did he pound it out?

Indian George
01-18-2010, 10:13 AM
Welded it up by hand and it was drawn out with the press. The W-2 will be another collaboration between Gary and me.:D I have two 1084 hunter to finish too, all from demo that Gary has done.;)

T Blade
01-22-2010, 05:52 PM
I guess I'll be heading to Wa..Wa..Wally's solo tomorrow. I called Kook an hour ago and asked him if he wanted to make the run to IG's, Kook had carpal tunnel sugery last week and he's recovering well. At first he didn't want to go, but after we were talking for a time, he asked me what time I was leaving for Wa..Wa..Wally's house. I told him around 8 AM, and he was changing his mind when I heard Marleen (his wife/boss) in the background telling him he wasn't going anywhere. Marleen has been hauling in the firewoos since the operation, so Kook had no choice in the matter about stay home and "resting" :eek:.

Wally, do you need anything from that Portagee bakery down the road from my house tomorrow?

Indian George
01-23-2010, 06:25 AM
Yep!!! Do up 1/2 doz.:cool: It will go good with my blood pudding and baked beans.:eek::D

John Andrews
01-23-2010, 08:10 AM
I have a fella coming by today that has been wanting to make himself a couple of knives. I gave him a couple of of hunter blanks I cut out, one D2 and one O1. He's been filing and messing with them for several months and shows up once in a while to get advice, ect.

He's doing pretty good, actually. I also drew the lines on the profiled blanks for the bevels, etc.

He's doing a flat grind and hand filing the rest of the steel removal.

He got laid off Jan 1 and needs something to fill in his time. I can't think of a better way to kill time unless it's a good looking blonde gal handy, or someone else like her. ;):D

I sure hope Kook gets well soon and his wife cuts him loose to circulate with you rascals.

John Andrews
01-24-2010, 09:17 AM
Abe, my old for real hermit pal sheath maker, called last night and is headed this way this AM to pick up a hunter I finished yesterday.

He messes with a little knife making and I have some stabilized handle wood he needs. I can see a good trade going to come out of it. Abe does pretty good for what resources he has. He used to do some gunsmithing and was a pretty good gunstock maker in his time. He sells what knives he makes, filling in for his Social Security income.

He also buys his firewood here in town and I help him load up a pickup load. Being in his 70's, he has slowed down a lot in the past few years. I'll be 65 next month and am slowing down a tad, too. :o

When Abe heads back home today, I'll be heading back to the shop to plug away.

Shop is so dang cluttered up that I have to do some straightening up before I get started doing much today. When I had the two shop buildings built, I was so proud of all the room. It didn't take long to fill both to overflowing. :o

Indian George
01-24-2010, 09:25 AM
I'll be 65 next month and am slowing down a tad, too. :o
:o

You Ole Injun You!!!! If you get any slower, you'll be going backwards. HEHEHEHEHE!!!!;)
I have the same problems in my shop. I think (scary) I may clean it tomorrow.huh1:duh:

T Blade
01-24-2010, 10:26 AM
.... I think (scary) I may clean it tomorrow.huh1:duh:

Hey ya ole Mr. Portagee, I cleaned up my mess yesterday :D. Had a good time, forged out two knives and also for lunch we had last years pork & beans, yum yum :eek:

Thanks Wa..Wa..Wally 2thumbs

John Andrews
01-24-2010, 11:02 AM
You Ole Injun You!!!! If you get any slower, you'll be going backwards. HEHEHEHEHE!!!!;)
I have the same problems in my shop. I think (scary) I may clean it tomorrow.huh1:duh: Yeh? Well, Mr. Rascal, I bet you are on the brink of slowing down. :D

At least I still have my good looks and mind is still intact. ;)

I haven't gotten any work done yet today, ran to store and also picked up carryout breakfast so wife gets a break.

While (IF) you are cleaning tomorrow, you gonna stop by here and clean my shop, too? It could use a good cleaning. I should just get one of those leaf blowers, crank it up, and leave the shop door open.

A fella that's not a knife maker brought a mess by here for me to fix, already ground (shudder) Diamondwood, a rough blade ground out of a sawblade, and some brass roughed out to a guard. He begged to have the whole mess put together and looking as decent as possible in 4 days. :eek:

Well, I got er done, but there was about an 1/8 gap between the handle and guard because he cut the scales too short. I mixed some bronze filings via my carbide rotary file, popped it in the drillpress and made filings. I made a paste with the filings and some AcraGlas gel and filled in the gap. When I got that worked down, it didn't look bad at all. The fella liked it.

The blade was of a first knife some old pal of his started and then died. So, the surviving pal rough finished the blade and was trying to make a knife out of it to present the family of the deceased. He left some of the old fella's scratches and other grind marks on the rough blade for sentimental value. I charged him only a small fraction of what the work was worth, sending him away happy.

Indian George
01-29-2010, 05:44 AM
Got my new Lady friend coming over for the weekend. On Wednesday, she did up a piece of cable Damascus. She was a Tattoo Artist and she has more Tats than I do.:cool:
Saturday, have some of my friends coming over to meet her. BBBB Beaver already wants to plan a Tattoo/ Hammer-In Party. HEHEHEHEHEHE!!!
Linda loves hot food and really likes the HT'g Relish. We will be cooking up a big pot of Portagee Kale Soup for tomorrow.2thumbs

T Blade
01-29-2010, 03:38 PM
Wa..Wa..Wally, your new Lady Friend sure has a lot of ink. Are you firing up the forge tomorrow? It's gonna be CCCCOOOOLLLLDDDD :eek:

Indian George
01-29-2010, 04:36 PM
Wa..Wa..Wally, your new Lady Friend sure has a lot of ink. Are you firing up the forge tomorrow? It's gonna be CCCCOOOOLLLLDDDD :eek:

Just for a little bit. Gary is doing a demo for Linda. I got a big pot of kale soup done.cool 1

Indian George
01-31-2010, 07:06 AM
Gary forged out a leaf for Linda. BBBB Beaver heat treated a few knives and Todd was grinding the scale off of his billet. It was a cold day, but we still had a hot time. HEHEHEHEHE!!!!

T Blade
01-31-2010, 04:23 PM
Gary forged out a leaf for Linda. BBBB Beaver heat treated a few knives and Todd was grinding the scale off of his billet. It was a cold day, but we still had a hot time. HEHEHEHEHE!!!!

Wa..Wa..Wally didn't mention lunch. We had some fantastic cale soup that Wa..Wa..Wally made lapped up the juice with some awesom Portagee bread that I picked up a the local Portugese bakery, also Linda had made some snacking food.

As IG said it was very cold but we did have a hot time.

Thanks Wa..Wa..Wally,,,, and I did pick up that soup bowl :eek: and put it in the sink :D not you, Old Mr. CENSORED :cool:

Indian George
02-05-2010, 11:07 AM
My son is up from AZ. and tomorrow is PIGOUT DAY:unsure:. Got a big Portagee Style clamboil to cook. Got all the fixings to go with it too. Including my HT'g relish. HEHEHEHEHE!!!!

John Andrews
02-07-2010, 05:50 PM
My son is up from AZ. and tomorrow is PIGOUT DAY:unsure:. Got a big Portagee Style clamboil to cook. Got all the fixings to go with it too. Including my HT'g relish. HEHEHEHEHE!!!! And going to boil up some of those bottom feeders again, IG? No fried squirrel and gravy? ;)

I been down with miserable cold and crap most of the weekend. Kids have been stopping by with birthday presents. I got a new big tacklebox, tackle, and a new Browning .22 BUCKMARK that says ULTRAGRIP RX PRO TGT 5 1/2 CAMPER on the box.
Another son is sending plane tickets for a week of AZ fishing next month. Geeze, I'm thinking of having more birthdays per year! :D

Weather has been lousy and is snowing again. We have another 7"-10" coming. You guys really got hammered out there, IG! :eek:

I have a hunter to touch up and send, but not even feeling up to doing even that much. Hey, you reckon a hot toddy would help, George?

Indian George
02-08-2010, 07:07 AM
And going to boil up some of those bottom feeders again, IG? No fried squirrel and gravy? ;)

I been down with miserable cold and crap most of the weekend. Kids have been stopping by with birthday presents. I got a new big tacklebox, tackle, and a new Browning .22 BUCKMARK that says ULTRAGRIP RX PRO TGT 5 1/2 CAMPER on the box.
Another son is sending plane tickets for a week of AZ fishing next month. Geeze, I'm thinking of having more birthdays per year! :D

Weather has been lousy and is snowing again. We have another 7"-10" coming. You guys really got hammered out there, IG! :eek:

I have a hunter to touch up and send, but not even feeling up to doing even that much. Hey, you reckon a hot toddy would help, George?
Hey!!!! You Ole Injun, Happy Belated B'Day.2thumbs2thumbs
I hope they bought you lessons too.:duh: Yep, Lesson.:confused:wheelchair Lesson on how to shoot your new gun.2guns It's about time you stopped using the old bow and arrow. HEHEHEHEHEHE!!!

John Andrews
02-08-2010, 09:08 AM
Hey!!!! You Ole Injun, Happy Belated B'Day.2thumbs2thumbs
I hope they bought you lessons too.:duh: Yep, Lesson.:confused:wheelchair Lesson on how to shoot your new gun.2guns It's about time you stopped using the old bow and arrow. HEHEHEHEHEHE!!! :D:D:D:D:D:D Birthday isn't for a couple of days yet, and thanks, George!

I don't need dang shooting lessons, rascal! :D I do admit it isn't getting as easy to weapons range qualify twice per year at work. :rolleyes:

Indian George
02-08-2010, 09:28 AM
:D:D:D:D:D:D Birthday isn't for a couple of days yet, and thanks, George!

I don't need dang shooting lessons, rascal! :D I do admit it isn't getting as easy to weapons range qualify twice per year at work. :rolleyes:

You probably would make out better, if your eyes weren't so crossed. HEHEHEHEHE!!! Oh !!!!Great Redskin Hunter.2guns

John Andrews
02-10-2010, 08:21 AM
You probably would make out better, if your eyes weren't so crossed. HEHEHEHEHE!!! Oh !!!!Great Redskin Hunter.2guns :eek::D You old reprobate! Your scalp would fly from my lodgepole, but you don't have enough hair! :D:D:D:

Indian George
02-10-2010, 08:45 AM
:eek::D You old reprobate! Your scalp would fly from my lodgepole, but you don't have enough hair! :D:D:D:

Boy, thats the pot calling the kettle black. You ORS:D

Indian George
02-12-2010, 07:02 AM
I have to work on my press. I keep breaking the clevis pin on the slider plate, because the hole it oblong. I'll be drilling the slider out and putting a 1 3/8" sleeve to 1" in it.
Linda, will be doing some leather work on my old sewing machine.
I also have a fresh pork shoulder marinating. I de-bone and cut most of the fat off. It's is all loaded up with onion, garlic and HT'g relish. Before I smoke it I tie it back up with a piece of chouiro in the middle. Oh!!! Baby!!! I am getting hungry. HEHEHEHEHE!!!

T Blade
02-12-2010, 02:16 PM
Just got home from work, now it's time to practice. The Lightnin' Brothers have a private party to play at tomorrow evening and I need to get a guitar part down for Foo Fighters "Wheels". Also have to dust off 4 or 5 numbers from the "King". Have to meet at the drummers house Saturday, pack the gear and get on the road before 4 PM. We're playing from 6 to 10 PM and I think we'll be jamming till closing.

Better pick up some Valentine's Day cards for the "Missus" 2thumbs

Sunday, I need to sand and etch a couple of blades that need to be ready by 3/10/10.

Hope you all have a great weekend, off to the guitar :cool:

Wayne Coe
02-12-2010, 03:05 PM
I have a class tomorrow with about 7 students from 14 to 45. We will be making splitting chisels, fullers and punch out of coil spring, heat treating them, then using the tools to make hart J hooks for Valentines day gifts.

Indian George
02-20-2010, 06:27 AM
Had Todd from Boston down yesterday. He caught on really quick on the file work. Ron is stopping over today to show me the scalpel he is making with a piece of Damascus I gave him. I got to work on my press today. Keep breaking the clevis pin on the slider plate. I going to drill it out and put a harden sleeve and pin in it.:D

T Blade
02-20-2010, 11:59 AM
.... Keep breaking the clevis pin on the slider plate. I going to drill it out and put a harden sleeve and pin in it.:D

Wa..Wa..Wally make sure you put a real deep temper on that one. huh1

Got 5 blades I've got to put my mark on and etch in Ferric.

Got to start cleaning up my shop for the demonstration that I will be doing for the "American Society of Metal" on March 10, 2010. Wa..Wa..Wally and Kook will be helping me with this. The demo will be forging pattern welded steel into a knife. Most likely I'll just do one of my typical neck knives, approx 5 to 6", these are done pretty quickly.

Linda and I are going out with Kook and Marleen this evening, it's Marleen's B day.

John Andrews
02-21-2010, 08:16 AM
I gotta get a hunter etched with my name and get it ready to mail out tomorrow.

George, you get your press fixed?

We are supposed to receive another 8"10" of snow on top of all the other stuff. I'd send the snow to IG's but I think he's already got his share for the rest of the winter. :D

I still haven't shot that new Browning pistol. I reckon the few rabbits missed by the varmints are going to be safe from me the rest of this winter. Our season ends the last of Feb.

My crusty old sheath maker stopped by yesterday and had coffee with my wife and me. Ol' Abe is a fair gunsmith and piddles with some knife making of his own. Abe is ex-military and ex-cop, a very interesting rascal.

Abe and I used to work together making 120mm tank rounds. Some types of those rounds are pretty heavy and makes for hard work. We also made a lot of other munitions for the military until he got fed up of the place and quit.

I got tired of that work after a few years and transferred to a security patrol job there about 20 years ago. Hey George, you want to ride shotgun? ;)

I'm going to fire up the heat in the shop in a little while and get some work done before I go on vacation next month in AZ and NV with family out there. My youngest son, Casey, lives in Vegas. He wants to get into knife making and it will give us a good opportunity to go over some of the ins and outs to get him started.

Son John lives in Phoenix and wants to get started making duck and goose calls. I picked up a wood lathe for him a while back but I'm not taking it on the plane with me. He will pick it up when and if he drives back here to Iowa for his usual June walleye and catfish fishing trip with old Dad. He usually flies back here for a week but talks about driving back one of these trips.

Indian George
02-21-2010, 10:51 AM
Hey you Ole Redskin.:D
Didn't get the press fixed. It wasn't the slider plate' it was the cylinder. I think (scary) that I am going to up grade to a 5" cylinder instead of the 4 1/2".
You should hook up with my son when you get to Phoenix. He has the number one bird dog in AZ. He would made you feel right at home, because he goes bird hunting on a Indian Reservation. ( No Lie ) HEHEHEHEHE!!!

T Blade
02-21-2010, 03:33 PM
Didn't get the press fixed. It wasn't the slider plate' it was the cylinder. I think (scary) that I am going to up grade to a 5" cylinder instead of the 4 1/2"

Wa..Wa..Wally, bummer about the press man, that just plain ol sucks, though Bertha has done a whole lot of metal squishing.

Marked 5 blades yesterday and gave um a quick etch and clean up,,,,,

http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o295/TBlade_2006/PICT2985.jpg
,,,,,the 2 top ones I made last september with my brother-in-law and his son. The other 3 I made at Wa..Wa..Wally's.

Had a fine evening with Kook and Marleen celebrating her Bday. We went to a restaurent at a marina close to their house. Marleen and Linda had the prime rib Kook and a lobster roll and I had some sea scollops, um um um. I haven't had sea scollops in quite some time and those were very tasty. Excellent evening.

Hope you all had a great weekend.

Indian George
02-26-2010, 06:19 AM
Still got to work on my press on Saturday. I think (scary) I know what I am going to do to fix it.:eek::confused:

Wayne Coe
02-26-2010, 09:20 AM
I just learned that I am going to get a load of hay for the horses.pup2You know that is my favorate thing to do on a Saturday.
My wife has a can koozy that says, "I've spent 90% of my life riding horses.....and I've waisted the other 10%."

Obviously we have different ideas of what is important.

T Blade
02-26-2010, 01:40 PM
Just filled my 100# tank. Kook is coming over tomorrow to play with fire. He has a couple of blades to HT and he is going to hammer out a damascus blade. I've got a couple of billets I'm going to HT and take those to have RC hardness checked, and I'm also going to hammer out a damascus blade.

You all have a good weekend.

John Andrews
02-27-2010, 08:14 AM
Didn't get the press fixed. It wasn't the slider plate' it was the cylinder. I think (scary) that I am going to up grade to a 5" cylinder instead of the 4 1/2".
You should hook up with my son when you get to Phoenix. He has the number one bird dog in AZ. He would made you feel right at home, because he goes bird hunting on a Indian Reservation. ( No Lie ) HEHEHEHEHE!!! Bummer about your press, IG!
That's really cool about your son, IG! It would sure be nice to see him! I'm unfortunately not going to have much time there, am flying to Vegas to visit my son on a Monday and then we are driving to Havasu for a couple of days for family reunion and some fishing with son from Phoenix and brother that lives in Havasu. The four of us hope to get in a couple of days of striper fishing.
I have to fly back that Friday from Vegas. :running dog:

Indian George
03-12-2010, 07:43 AM
Looks like we are going to have a nasty, rainy and windy weekend.:mad: The smithy wouln't be running this weekend.huh1
I have allot of work to do to fill orders in the cellar workshop. Y'all have a good one.2thumbs

John Andrews
03-12-2010, 10:02 AM
Bummer on the weather, IG! :mad:
I'm trying to get 3 hunters hunters done this week, a couple going on vacation with me the week after next. The two are going to two of my sons that live out there and another one goes to my daughter.

I still have to heat the shop, it still being pretty cool (50's) here.

I'm trying to wrangle a buy on two anvils, one about 100# and another that must weigh 300#.

We have been seeing a coal black couger at work. And my Capt. nearly ran over an albino bobcat this week while driving through the installation headed home. :confused: From one extreme to another, huh?

Nice blades, T!

Indian George
03-12-2010, 10:17 AM
Bummer on the weather, IG! :mad:
I'm trying to get 3 hunters hunters done this week, a couple going on vacation with me the week after next. The two are going to two of my sons that live out there and another one goes to my daughter.

I still have to heat the shop, it still being pretty cool (50's) here.

I'm trying to wrangle a buy on two anvils, one about 100# and another that must weigh 300#.

We have been seeing a coal black couger at work. And my Capt. nearly ran over an albino bobcat this week while driving through the installation headed home. :confused: From one extreme to another, huh?

Nice blades, T!

Hey!!!! You Ole Redskin, I was thinking about you.sharpen1 I shot a treerat this morning and it is in the pot for lunch. HEHEHEHEHEHE!!!!
It would be cool, if you could take some pic's of of the cats. 2thumbs

John Andrews
03-14-2010, 09:37 AM
Hey!!!! You Ole Redskin, I was thinking about you.sharpen1 I shot a treerat this morning and it is in the pot for lunch. HEHEHEHEHEHE!!!!
It would be cool, if you could take some pic's of of the cats. 2thumbs Nice going, George! 2thumbs
I have a camera pass for the installation and will start packing a camera every day at work. A fella rarely has one handy when needed. :o

I got one of the knives finished for the kids for when I go visit on vacation and have quite a bit to finish on the others. I don't think I will have them finished in time for sheaths. :o I'll probably have to haul the knives back home for the sheaths and then mail them to the boys. If it wasn't for the sheaths having to be wet formed, it would be quicker to complete.

How's your press repair coming along, George?

Indian George
03-14-2010, 10:05 AM
Nice going, George! 2thumbs
I have a camera pass for the installation and will start packing a camera every day at work. A fella rarely has one handy when needed. :o

I got one of the knives finished for the kids for when I go visit on vacation and have quite a bit to finish on the others. I don't think I will have them finished in time for sheaths. :o I'll probably have to haul the knives back home for the sheaths and then mail them to the boys. If it wasn't for the sheaths having to be wet formed, it would be quicker to complete.

How's your press repair coming along, George?

The press is all set for now ( I Hopehuh1). Once I get more capital I going to upgrade it to a 5" cylinder.2thumbs

Indian George
03-26-2010, 06:48 AM
I was hoping to get the bench for my lathe all painted today, but it's raining and I have it outside. It's is going to be a tight squeeze to get it down to my cellar workshop. :mad: Tomorrow I plan on at least getting the lathe down stairs and move the bench into the smithy so I can finish painting it.:D

Tom Militano
04-02-2010, 11:48 AM
I have to get to work on three drop point skinners. I have a customer in Nevada that ordered them and sent me the pattern he wants. I'll cut them out and profile them this weekend.

T Blade
04-02-2010, 02:43 PM
I'll be cleaning up the mess that Mother Nature dropped on me, 5 1/2" of water in my basement, and it's still coming in.

The hospital recommended to my wife that they put her Mother on the DNR list. That Sucks. No joy in Muddsville.

Indian George
04-03-2010, 06:10 AM
I have to get to work on three drop point skinners. I have a customer in Nevada that ordered them and sent me the pattern he wants. I'll cut them out and profile them this weekend.

Hey you Missed Placed Yankee. When are you going to buy a Trike like the one you rode this week.2guns2guns

Indian George
04-03-2010, 06:12 AM
Picked up Jeff yesterday and gave him the nickel tour. Have a few people coming over to help me get my lathe and bench down my cellar shop. Also building Jeff a knife vise.;) Gary is bring over the materials to finish the NWG that will be the door prize for the HI.2thumbs

T Blade
04-03-2010, 06:21 AM
My basemnet finally stopped taking on water. Will be sorting out the stuff to stay and the junk to get rid of. Still a bummer.

Wayne Coe
04-03-2010, 07:18 AM
Packing up to go to Tannehill. I've got to un-winterize the camper before I go, the start loading up.

Working on grinder kits.

Yesterday morning I got a call from the freight company to make sure that I would be at the shop because they had 30 motors to deliver. I waited all day and they never showed up. I guess that they will call me Monday to make sure I am there so that they can not show up.

Indian George
04-05-2010, 05:43 AM
Packing up to go to Tannehill. I've got to un-winterize the camper before I go, the start loading up.

Working on grinder kits.

Yesterday morning I got a call from the freight company to make sure that I would be at the shop because they had 30 motors to deliver. I waited all day and they never showed up. I guess that they will call me Monday to make sure I am there so that they can not show up.

You are hitting the road this week??????:confused:;)

Indian George
04-08-2010, 07:22 AM
Bubba's, if any of you are free this Saturday, I could use help setting up for the HI. I'll be cooking up a 5# stuffed smoked chicken with the fixings.;)

moon
04-08-2010, 08:10 AM
Hey IG me and Burton are heading over to ol' leatherfaces to pound some steel wish you could come. Moon

Indian George
04-08-2010, 09:17 AM
Hey IG me and Burton are heading over to ol' leatherfaces to pound some steel wish you could come. Moon

Tell Ole LF I said Hello. Take some action pic's of Y'all. 2thumbsWish I could be there too.;)

JSteiner
04-08-2010, 10:05 AM
I would if I could but I am heading down to New Orleans Tomorrow

T Blade
04-09-2010, 04:24 AM
I'll be heading all the way to New Bedford to help Wa..Wa..Wally (whether he likes it or not) finish the no weld grinder for the HI raffle.

Indian George
04-09-2010, 06:25 AM
I'll be heading all the way to New Bedford to help Wa..Wa..Wally (whether he likes it or not) finish the no weld grinder for the HI raffle.

BBBBB Beaver is Kook coming with you?????oh no! 1huh1

T Blade
04-09-2010, 06:47 AM
I don't think so. It's opening day tomorrow and he will be fishing. I'll be talking with him tonight and let you know if things have changed.

T Blade
04-10-2010, 03:56 PM
Finished welding up the "No WELD grinder" that Wa..Wa..Wally is going to raffle off at the HI on 4/2410. Pain my annual dues for the knife guild so I could be entered into the drawings at the HI. Hope I win the grinder, it has such a great weld job on it 2thumbs, (Wa..Wa..Wally post a pic), although their are a few other cool item on the list.

Tonight, my band, minus the drummer, I think we have another drummer to set in, is going to play a set at a benefit tonight for the Coventry Girls Softball Team, so I'll be going there, with my new amp. It's a Line 6, these new modeling amps are kinda like a computer with a speaker attached. This particular amp "models" other classice amps of the past and present, quite nice.
A lot of "tube snobs" give these digital amps the cold shoulder as they say that solid state and digital amps don't have the warmth and depth of a tube amp, heck I play for myself and with my tinnitus, I can no longer hear the difference and neither would most people in the audience or even 50% of the "tube snobs" :eek:

Hope you all have a good rest of the weekend.

John Andrews
04-10-2010, 04:55 PM
Geeze, I been back from vacation a week and squaw has had me swamped with honey-do's! :eek:
I had a great time on vacation while wife preferred to stay home and take care of the pups, etc. We had snow coming when I left. I flew to Phoenix and son John picked me up. We went to Cabela's and then messed around town a tad before a short stop at his place before we drove to Lake Havesu City to hook up with my brother at his place in town close to the water.

We got out fishing the next morning and caught a couple of smallies. Wind came up and water got rough, so we called it quits. A few more outings didn't produce much.

Spring Break was in full force at Lake Havasu! Near naked chicks everywhere, IG!

A few days later, youngest son Casey showed up from Vegas for a couple of days and then I rode back to Vegas with him for a few days of shopping at BassPro and kicking around on the desert while blowing up stuff with .45 pistols.

I flew out of Vegas for home and found the weather much improved here in Iowa.

Since daughter and wife moved my departing flight time up a few days, I didn't get the sons' hunter knives finished before I left. I gotta get them done and shipped. I have just a few hours more work to get done on them.

Indian George
04-11-2010, 06:09 AM
Geeeeh!!! You are real getting old you Ole Redskin. You didn't send me any pic's of the chicks spring breaker:unsure::mad:

John Andrews
04-16-2010, 08:54 AM
Geeeeh!!! You are real getting old you Ole Redskin. You didn't send me any pic's of the chicks spring breaker:unsure::mad: :D:D:D:D:D:D You would get too excited, IG!

Indian George
04-23-2010, 04:59 AM
We be PARTYING tomorrow. Today is cooking and filling 100# tanks. I also hope to get done my stand alone unit, it has a forge , post-vise and anvil in a H Frame. Will post pic's.2thumbscool 1

D.Sylvester
04-23-2010, 05:40 AM
Hey George

sorry i won't be able to make it this time have to work:mad:
hope i can make the next one

Dave

Indian George
04-23-2010, 05:48 AM
Hey George

sorry i won't be able to make it this time have to work:mad:
hope i can make the next one

Dave

Thanks for the heads up. Hope to see you and your Lil Lady at the next one. Give her a big hug and kiss from me.;)

Indian George
05-01-2010, 03:05 PM
I just got my puter running.:confused: The monitor died and I had another one on hand and that one wasn't any good.:mad: Go to the show in Mystic tomorrow. See you Bubba's there.2thumbs

T Blade
05-01-2010, 05:03 PM
Wa..Wa..Wally, how ya getting there? I'm gonna be at Kook's around 8 AM, then off to Mystic

Indian George
05-01-2010, 06:06 PM
Wa..Wa..Wally, how ya getting there? I'm gonna be at Kook's around 8 AM, then off to Mystic

Ron and I are leaving here at 8:30AM. I'll be taking my Quad Cab.;)

Indian George
05-07-2010, 06:09 AM
Got The BBBB Beaver coming over tomorrow.:eek:I'll be cooking up a pot of Portagee Fava Beans today. I still have to finish wiring my cellar shop.:unsure: I hope all you Bubbas out there have a good weekend.2thumbs

Indian George
05-13-2010, 11:49 AM
The count down begins.cool 1

stabber
05-13-2010, 01:09 PM
This Weekend I'll be Hangin out at Indian Georges Place for 3 days!!!:running dog::bud:

I hear my Friend Jim Siska will be showing up2thumbs

Yo Bubba, You get that Surface grinder squared away. I got 40 blades to iron outhuh1

Indian George
05-13-2010, 02:14 PM
Yo Bubba, You get that Surface grinder squared away. I got 40 blades to iron outhuh1

I haven't found it yet.huh1:unsure::unsure:

T Blade
05-13-2010, 03:28 PM
I'll be in Niagra Falls Friday till Tuesday. (Canadian side) Bon Jour

I would rather be at Wa..Wa..Wally's, but, this is one of the reasons I'll have been married :D for 25 yrs. :eek: :rolleyes:

Hope all you Bubba's have a great time,,,LOTSA FIRE and RINGING ANVILS 2thumbs

Indian George
05-21-2010, 06:51 AM
I'll be planting my garden this weekend. 2thumbs A few dozen hot pepper plants will be going in for sure.2guns

T Blade
05-21-2010, 12:11 PM
I don't know, maybe take a ride to Wa..Wa..Wally's, I'll see, but one thing for sure, I gotta mow the lawn when I get home from work this afternoon. :mad:

stabber
05-21-2010, 12:20 PM
yo B.b.Bbbeaver, Have fun on your Anniversary Trip? Missed ya at the Wayne coe GTG. You see the "ghetto Dog KnifeDog bottle opener I forged?:D

John Andrews
05-22-2010, 07:25 AM
I'm gonna work in the shop and also sight in a .22 rifle that I mounted a scope on, a new rifle one of my work pals bought.

Daughter and I plan on going to the range and doing some shooting today.

I still have some oak burl to work up and some redbud a pal gave me, along with some mystery desert wood. I know how the oak burl looks and is nice stuff. The other two are to be judged and perhaps end up being firewood.

My old back is sore this morning and I'm still trying to iron out the kinks to get moving around. Another cup of java and some pills should help.

My old forge is still waiting to get finished, maybe get it put together and ready this weekend, too. I gotta shop online for some coal.

Dang rivers are high, nix on any fishing.

Hey, IG! You doing any serious forging this weekend?

Indian George
05-22-2010, 07:33 AM
Just doing up the garden this weekend, you Ole' Injun.cool 1:D

John Andrews
05-22-2010, 08:09 AM
I bet your pepper plants give off smoke, IG. ;)

T Blade
05-22-2010, 12:57 PM
Just got back from Wa..Wa..Wally's, dropped of some weld wire, 9018, and picked up some 7018AC wire. Those **18 wire's are typically DC wire only, but IG had picked up some 7018AC/DC, and seeing I only have an AC welder and the 9018 that I had is only DC wire I swapped with Wa..Wa..Wally 2thumbs, good score for me.:cool:

Indian George
06-11-2010, 02:41 PM
Got Nathan coming over tomorrow. I'll be cooking grill and forge.2thumbs:D

Wayne Coe
06-11-2010, 02:57 PM
2thumbsGlad to see that you are back on the air. We were worried about you. Have fun this weekend. I'll be putting the finishing touches on a grinder that I have to ship to south Texas.:bud:

D.BRODESS
06-11-2010, 05:38 PM
Fire up that grill! and forge! Indian George!
D,B

Frstr8
06-11-2010, 08:42 PM
Firing up my little truck and heading for the hills. My favorite thing. 2thumbs

Indian George
06-18-2010, 06:57 AM
Well it is going to be the cleaning of the smithy this weekend. :eek: I canít believe how I got it so messy since the HI in April.:rolleyes

stabber
06-18-2010, 10:12 AM
Goin to pick up my Forge at 5am FINALLY!!!!:running dog:

Smithy? You made a damn mess Bubba?:bud:

Indian George
06-18-2010, 11:01 AM
Goin to pick up my Forge at 5am FINALLY!!!!:running dog:

Smithy? You made a damn mess Bubba?:bud:

Like you and Bubba Jr., didn't have a hand in it?????oh no! 1

Indian George
06-25-2010, 11:10 AM
I still haven't cleaned out the smithy, but tomorrow sounds like the day.:eek:huh1I also have to reline my welding for. I have a new burner design I am going to try.:eek:;)

Indian George
07-02-2010, 11:03 AM
I still have to clean the smithy and rebuild my welding forge. The BBBB Beaver maybe coming over and maybe Gary too.:eek:I'll be smoking and BBQ chicken leg quarters.:bud:

James Terrio
07-02-2010, 07:53 PM
Finally got my yard all cut and cleaned up, cut down a couple dead trees etc. Now my neighbors smile when they walk by instead of shakin' their heads and muttering ;)

All my saws/hawks/machetes/shovel/rakes are sharpened/clean and hung up on the shop wall like they should be.

Gonna plant some flowers in the sunny spots and transplant some ferns from the swamp out back to the shady spots next to the shop.

Thinkin' about planting some strawberries because I like to make wine... I read somewhere it's best to let 'em grow for a year but pinch off the flowers/buds and establish roots before trying to get a fruit crop out of 'em. Anyone got experience with that?

Building the compost bin I want will prolly hafta wait till next week, cuz I volunteered to run the grill at a friend's house all weekend... mmmmmm steaks, burgers, brats, dogs, corn and taters! I'm gettin' fatter just thinkin' about it :D

Plus I got a KITH knife to finish and a bunch of knives to send out for HT... and gotta get my etcher squared away and order a stencil... and and and... no excuse to be bored :D

T Blade
07-03-2010, 10:36 AM
Not gonna make it to Wa..Wa..Wally's today, :( bummer. Kook called earlier and asked if we were going to light the forge today, told him I had chores to do. Maybe Linda and I will hop on the cycle later and take a ride to Kook's house.

Been cuttin' the lawn, wacking down some Oriental Bittersweet, man those weeds just grow everywhere, ban1 Oriental bittersweet, American bittersweet (not a weed) is now an endangered plant.

Hope you all have a safe and happy 4th of July, don't blow off any important body parts :eek: 2thumbs

Indian George
07-23-2010, 08:56 AM
It looks like it's going to be another hot one this weekend (90+).:eek: The only thing I'll be doing is chilling from the inside out.huh1 Got to pickup another 30 pack of Buds to make it through the weekend. HEHEHEHEHE!!!

John Andrews
07-26-2010, 10:13 AM
It looks like it's going to be another hot one this weekend (90+).:eek: The only thing I'll be doing is chilling from the inside out.huh1 Got to pickup another 30 pack of Buds to make it through the weekend. HEHEHEHEHE!!! You make it through the weekend OK, IG? Smart idea, cooling from the inside out. ;)yea!
Dang hot weather you are getting is what we had. We had a slight break but it's coming back real quick.

Y'all stay cool and safe, everyone!

FREE BEER AT IG'S !

Indian George
07-27-2010, 06:30 AM
You make it through the weekend OK, IG? Smart idea, cooling from the inside out. ;)yea!
Dang hot weather you are getting is what we had. We had a slight break but it's coming back real quick.

Y'all stay cool and safe, everyone!

FREE BEER AT IG'S !
I made it!!!!!! Monday, was a running around day. Had my tenants served with eviction paper's yesterday. Had to go to the Housing Court to get a trial date and then to the Sheriff's Dept. for them to server the summons. It end up costing me $375.:mad::mad:

Indian George
07-30-2010, 06:15 AM
Looks like we are in for a nice weekend.:happy:Hi's in the low 80's and humidity low too.:happy: I'll be making up on Saturday a canister billet with all the scraps of Damascus from Jim Siska. Gary will be coming over to pickup the Dog Head Hammer that I got off of Ebay for him, it was $50. He'll will be playing with it when I am doing up the canister. Lunch, I'll be smoking up some BBQ Country Style Pork Ribs. We have all fresh grilled veggies from the grill. Sweet corn, eggplant, zucchini and etc.chef::red_indian:
All you Bubba's out there have a good weekend.:biggrin:

dknife
07-30-2010, 06:13 PM
George - Is there going to be any fire in those forges this weekend?

Indian George
07-30-2010, 06:25 PM
You got that right Bubba.:gun_bandana:

Indian George
08-13-2010, 01:25 PM
I will be finishing the canister billet I started last weekend, that has Jim Siska's scarps.:ridesafe:
For lunch I'll be having baked stuffed green peppers and tomatoes. I made up 4 quarts of Italian Gravy this week. So they will be stuffed with, brown rice, chourico, extra sharp cheese and gravy.:taz:

James Terrio
08-13-2010, 02:46 PM
Danngit IG yer makin me hungry again!

I'm headin back North tomorrow after a lovely week in TN visiting my woman and her folks. Just got a batch of blades back from Peters' HT so plenty to work on. I'ma take the one with the sloppiest grind, sharpen it up and beat the livin' snot out of it!!! Cut cardboard and scrap lumber till it won't cut no more and then see what it takes to break the thing. Is it weird that I think that's fun?

murphda2
08-13-2010, 03:04 PM
Gary will be coming over to pickup the Dog Head Hammer that I got off of Ebay for him, it was $50.

I was wonderin who the lucky dog was that won that auction. I had it on my watch list and forgot about it til after the auction had ended. I sure would like to have one of those.

Indian George
08-13-2010, 04:12 PM
Danngit IG yer makin me hungry again!

Hey!!! J. Turkey, you known you have a open invite to try my food. But I do not think I would let you play in the fire. HEHEHEHEHEHE!!!

stabber
08-13-2010, 09:26 PM
JIM Siska's SCRAPS??? I gotta see this Billet!!! ;)

Indian George
08-14-2010, 06:53 AM
JIM Siska's SCRAPS??? I gotta see this Billet!!! ;)

I'll post some pic's when I get it done.

Indian George
08-14-2010, 06:54 AM
I was wonderin who the lucky dog was that won that auction. I had it on my watch list and forgot about it til after the auction had ended. I sure would like to have one of those.

Gary, will be doing a forging demo with it at September's Hammer-In.

T Blade
08-15-2010, 04:55 PM
Linda and I went riding today, put about 125 miles on my Old Shovelhead. This Friday coming up 8/20 I will be bringing Linda to the hospital, she is going to have a total hip replacement on the left side, so basically her riding season ended today, that sucks. After she gets out of recovery I'll be there until I have to take off to a gig that my band is playing the "Hour Bar" in West Warwick, huh, my Brother Matt owns the bar so he really can't stop my band from playing. See you all Later.

Wa..Wa..Wally how ya doin', Mr. Old Fart? Ya notice the respect

Indian George
08-20-2010, 06:22 AM
I will be having a few Bubba's over on Saturday. One will be Dick L., who is a new member here on KD and maybe Ron. Gary will be doing a little forging demo. :cool: I'll be cooking up some chicken cacciatore. The Italian Gravy, which I made up this week with the fresh tomatoes from the garden.:ridesafe:

T Blade
08-20-2010, 06:33 AM
Well, gotta take Linda to the hospital this morning at 8 AM. She will be have a total hip replacement surgery :sad:, and will be in the hosp. till Monday. I will be spending most of the weekend at Roger Williams Hospital with my wife.

Maybe next Saturday I'll be able to make it to Wa..Wa..Wally's house to do some forging. :biggrin:

Indian George
08-20-2010, 06:37 AM
Well, gotta take Linda to the hospital this morning at 8 AM. She will be have a total hip replacement surgery :sad:, and will be in the hosp. till Monday. I will be spending most of the weekend at Roger Williams Hospital with my wife.

Maybe next Saturday I'll be able to make it to Wa..Wa..Wally's house to do some forging. :biggrin:

Tell her I wish her the best, BBBBB Beaver.:thumbup1:

T Blade
08-20-2010, 06:39 AM
Tell her I wish her the best, BBBBB Beaver.:thumbup1:

You betcha Wa..Wa..Wally.

Take care my friend. :biggrin:

stabber
08-20-2010, 08:50 AM
Best to Linda's surgery Larry.

Bubba, If it's Red it's sauce not gravy. Gravy is brown for meat n taters!!

stabber
08-20-2010, 08:53 AM
How'd that billet weld up President Bubba?
I'll post some pic's when I get it done.

Indian George
08-20-2010, 11:19 AM
It welded up great and I hope to get it surface ground tomorrow.

Indian George
08-20-2010, 11:22 AM
Bubba, If it's Red it's sauce not gravy. Gravy is brown for meat n taters!!

That's not what it states in my cook book.:p Now are you Chef Bubba Sr.????? HEHEHEHEHEHE!!!

Indian George
08-20-2010, 12:46 PM
Got another call and Paul Sabin will be here too, tomorrow.:evil:

Wayne Coe
08-20-2010, 07:58 PM
I'm in Atlanta for the weekend. Alex Bealer Blacksmith Association (ABBA) meeting tomorrow. If you are in the area come on over and we'll visit. The meeting is at 3257 Fincher Road, Canton Ga.
I got my demo grinder with VFD working today, come and see it run. I can't believe how easy it was to set up.
The meeting will be bulding Gas Forges.

Indian George
08-21-2010, 06:03 AM
I'm in Atlanta for the weekend. Alex Bealer Blacksmith Association (ABBA) meeting tomorrow. If you are in the area come on over and we'll visit. The meeting is at 3257 Fincher Road, Canton Ga.
I got my demo grinder with VFD working today, come and see it run. I can't believe how easy it was to set up.
The meeting will be bulding Gas Forges.

Sounds like fun.:thumbup1:

T Blade
08-22-2010, 05:26 AM
When I left my wife from yesterday's visit she was tired but feeling well. The operation, total hip replacement" left side was performed Friday between 11AM - 2:20PM, to recovery, then to her room. She walked using a waker yesterday, probably on cruthes today.

I will be taking her home tomorrow, then I'll be helping her navigate for the week (no $ pay). Linda's best friend is retired so she will be helping Linda after I go back to work the week after next.

Indian George
08-22-2010, 07:09 AM
QUOTE=T Blade;111988]When I left my wife from yesterday's visit she was tired but feeling well. The operation, total hip replacement" left side was performed Friday between 11AM - 2:20PM, to recovery, then to her room. She walked using a waker yesterday, probably on cruthes today.

I will be taking her home tomorrow, then I'll be helping her navigate for the week (no $ pay). Linda's best friend is retired so she will be helping Linda after I go back to work the week after next.[/QUOTE]

Glad to hear that she is doing well, BBBB Beaver.:1971_dancing_dog:[

Dan Pierson
08-22-2010, 09:37 AM
Glad to hear that Linda's doing well.

John Andrews
08-22-2010, 06:33 PM
It's sure great that Linda got through her surgery and is doing fine! We all here are all hoping for her to get well soon!

My 2 year old grandson, Micah Andrews, was in a serious car wreck a few weeks ago in Phoenix, AZ, and recently came out of his coma after surgeries. He's doing great and is responding to his therapy. He, his 5 year old sister, and his mom were passingers in a car riding with a nitwit gal pal of my daughter in law's when she ran through a red light and got hit right where Micah was sitting while strapped into a car seat. The rest of our folks riding in the car were pretty much just bruised from the accident. John was at work when the accident happened, I believe.

I have not been working in the shop for a few weeks. It's been so dang hot and humid here and Micah's accident has been such a major distraction.

A great pal of my son and his wife placed a blog on the net that pertains to Micah in the hospital. The blog updates keeps us all informed with Micah's recovery and saves son John from a large volume of phone calls he can't handle right now.

There wasn't any visible improvement for quite a while and we were all going crazy here until his recent rally. Luckily for all, Micah has the best docs in the country and probably the best therapy available.

Indian George
08-24-2010, 08:32 AM
It's sure great that Linda got through her surgery and is doing fine! We all here are all hoping for her to get well soon!

My 2 year old grandson, Micah Andrews, was in a serious car wreck a few weeks ago in Phoenix, AZ, and recently came out of his coma after surgeries. He's doing great and is responding to his therapy. He, his 5 year old sister, and his mom were passingers in a car riding with a nitwit gal pal of my daughter in law's when she ran through a red light and got hit right where Micah was sitting while strapped into a car seat. The rest of our folks riding in the car were pretty much just bruised from the accident. John was at work when the accident happened, I believe.

I have not been working in the shop for a few weeks. It's been so dang hot and humid here and Micah's accident has been such a major distraction.

A great pal of my son and his wife placed a blog on the net that pertains to Micah in the hospital. The blog updates keeps us all informed with Micah's recovery and saves son John from a large volume of phone calls he can't handle right now.

There wasn't any visible improvement for quite a while and we were all going crazy here until his recent rally. Luckily for all, Micah has the best docs in the country and probably the best therapy available.

I hope that everything goes well for them and you.

T Blade
08-25-2010, 08:46 AM

John, I'm glad to hear that your grandson is improving. When a child is involved in something traumatic like that it is certainly a hardship (mentally) for all who love the child. My prayers go out to your entire family and hope for a swift and full recovery.

T Blade
08-25-2010, 08:52 AM
Well I got Linda home yesterday around 12 noon, and have been making her comfortable as much as possible. She is using a walker to get around for the next 3 weeks, than she will be using a cane till she doesn't need it anymore. Everyday their is more improvment. Linda will have a therapist coming over the house on a daily basis to help here with the excersizes needed for a full recovery. Of course her riding season is over, but their is not much of a season left.

Indian George
08-25-2010, 09:08 AM
That's Cooool BBBB Beaver:biggrin::35:

John Andrews
08-26-2010, 09:48 AM
Thanks for the kind words, Larry! Micah receives 3 hours of therapy and is doing pretty good.

That's great Linda is doing well. It is really great she gets her therapy at home instead of having the painful trip for her therapy. I think she will recover faster at home. She should be back to riding before next season, I'm sure. Docs do a lot better work than they did a few years ago and recovery is much quicker.

T Blade
08-26-2010, 11:42 AM
John, as I said earlier I hope Micah recovers soon.

You're right about home therapy. Being at home will definately keep you mentally more at ease, which in and of itself is more theraputic.

It's amazing what modern medicine is doing these days. Just a couple of years makes a lot of difference. My Brother Rob had a total hip replacement about 5 years ago. These prothesis' will last 15 to 20 years, then it's time for a replacement, again. With my Brother he will have to have the entire assembly replaced, in Linda's case when it's time for her replacement, all they wil do is go in and replace the wear surface, kinda like putting brake pads on :biggrin: your truck :what!:

Indian George
08-27-2010, 06:55 AM
Tomorrow, The BBBB Beaver may be heading this way and Ron will be here too. I'll be cooking up some 1/2 lb. hamburgers from steaks that I'll be grinding up today.:biggrin:
Sunday, I'll be getting ready for the Angioplasty/Stent operation on Monday. Wish me luck.:3: It's just a one day thing.:13:

T Blade
08-27-2010, 07:41 AM
Sunday, I'll be getting ready for the Angioplasty/Stent operation on Monday. Wish me luck.:3: It's just a one day thing.:13:

Good luck their MR. Old Portagee :s7435: don't be too scared :biggrin:

Wayne Coe
08-27-2010, 07:58 AM
Doing the finishing up touches on my new VFD Grinder on Saturday and Sunday I am demonstrating at the Clinch River Blacksmith Guild meeting. If you are in the neighborhood come on by. The meeting starts at 1:30. http://www.artintheburrow.com/crbg. The address is 1942 Sulphur Springs Road, Clinton, 37716

Dan Pierson
08-27-2010, 08:45 AM
Good luck George! Hope everything goes smoothly and the hot sauce level in your blood doesn't eat the stents.

Indian George
08-27-2010, 09:42 AM
Good luck George! Hope everything goes smoothly and the hot sauce level in your blood doesn't eat the stents.

Thanks Dan:001_smile: I am not worried about.:biggrin: It's like removing a splitter. HEHEHEHEHE!!!

T Blade
08-28-2010, 06:36 AM
Tomorrow, The BBBB Beaver may be heading this way and Ron will be here too. I'll be cooking up some 1/2 lb. hamburgers from steaks that I'll be grinding up today.:biggrin:

Sorry I won't be able to make it today, lunch sounds real good (yum, yum). Big Honey Do list today :sad:. Linda's doing very very well with her recuparation from the surgery :biggrin:. We went for a walk around the block yesterday, approximately 1/2 mile, one week after a total hip replacement :thumbup1:.

Wayne Coe
08-28-2010, 10:05 AM
Good luck at the hospital, and don't go looking for any Brazilian Rain Forests. It would give you a hart attack to go along with your stint.

Indian George
08-29-2010, 09:14 AM
Good luck at the hospital, and don't go looking for any Brazilian Rain Forests. It would give you a hart attack to go along with your stint.
Thanks, You Ole Dog.:biggrin: You could get lost in that forest.:les:HEHEHEHEHE!!!

T Blade
08-29-2010, 04:09 PM
Wa..Wa..Wally, What Wayne said :s7435: :s12205:

Indian George
09-03-2010, 08:29 AM
Batting down the Hatches today, Earl is hitting tonite, we should be on the outskirts on the storm.:)
Tomorrow, have The BBBB Beaver, Ron and Nathan coming over.
I'll be cooking up some stuffed tomatoes and peppers, also have a small Bluefish that I'll be smoking up.:cool:
If any of you Bubba's are around, stop by for lunch.:biggrin:

T Blade
09-03-2010, 03:55 PM
I'll give you a call in the AM. Kook is going to come over also :what!:. Got the gig tonight (hurricane party NOT) should get home by about 2:30 AM. :jawdrop:

T Blade
09-04-2010, 06:52 AM
I guess we missed the bullet on big Earl over here in RI. The Lightinin' Brothers gig went very well, their were quite a few people at the show considering the weather.

Kook is on his way over to my house, when he gets here we'll be heading to Wa..Wa..Wally's :biggrin:

I'd like to make some damascus, but I'm kinda still reeling from last night. Didn't get to bed till 2 AM, and not being the young buck I used to be it takes a little longer to get my act together :what!:

Indian George
09-05-2010, 08:40 AM
Yesterday, BBBB Beaver got a surprise.:biggrin::biggrin: I was smoking the bluefish, tomatoes and habaneros.
So I gave him a hab on a smoked tomato, he turn red and started to sweat. HEHEHEHEHE!!! He is my test Guinea Pig and he usually eats the habs with no problem. I wish I had a camera at that time.:lol::lol:

Indian George
09-10-2010, 01:12 PM
Looks like this is the last weekend that I'll be able to Party Hardy.:red_indian::death: So guess what I'll be doing this weekend.:les: I know, I will be get a visit from Jose. HEHEHEHEHEHE!!!

T Blade
09-10-2010, 02:42 PM
Yesterday, BBBB Beaver got a surprise.:biggrin::biggrin: I was smoking the bluefish, tomatoes and habaneros.
So I gave him a hab on a smoked tomato, he turn red and started to sweat. HEHEHEHEHE!!! He is my test Guinea Pig and he usually eats the habs with no problem. I wish I had a camera at that time.:lol::lol:

Wa..Wa..Wally, yeah, WOW those peppers were definately supercharged :what!:. When Kook and I left, we ended up at my Brothers Bar, we were there till I got a call from my Bride, when I got home SHE was breathing fire :mad:. I'm out of the doghouse now thought :biggrin:

T Blade
09-10-2010, 02:43 PM
Looks like this is the last weekend that I'll be able to Party Hardy.:red_indian::death: So guess what I'll be doing this weekend.:les: I know, I will be get a visit from Jose. HEHEHEHEHEHE!!!

Wa..Wa..Wally, I'd sure like to make it,,,,,,BUT,,,,,,see last post :biggrin: :what!:

Indian George
09-12-2010, 10:08 AM
Wa..Wa..Wally, I'd sure like to make it,,,,,,BUT,,,,,,see last post :biggrin: :what!:
They have a name for that, but I can not mention it here. HEHEHEHE!!!