PDA

View Full Version : Skullyun Harvester

Raymond Richard
10-15-2009, 11:04 AM
The Pacific Northwest is know for its wild mushrooms in the fall. The wet cool fall produces some of the best in world. However ever 13th year we got these strange little fungi that resemble puffballs but look more like little skulls. Yesterday after the wind had blown open one of the gates in my pasture I headed out there to close it and found these along the way. What a harvest!

http://www.hawknknives.com/forums/IMG_1608.JPG

This is actually one of the spearheads I did a week or two ago. I couldn't get the socket to work as I planned so I turned it into a spear dagger. Its got a 5" hand forged saw steel blade, wagon wheel fittings, and an ebony handle. Overall its 9 1/2".

Lorien
10-15-2009, 11:35 AM
Ray, your dagger is several different kinds of awesome.2thumbs
How are the skulls? They look crunchy.

Raymond Richard
10-15-2009, 12:23 PM
Ray, your dagger is several different kinds of awesome.2thumbs
How are the skulls? They look crunchy.

What would you expect from bone heads? :D

Jeff Pearce
10-15-2009, 12:25 PM
Great work...i like the skulls...

Eli Gautreaux
10-15-2009, 12:29 PM
Funy Ray!

What's the length on that little dagger?

Raymond Richard
10-15-2009, 01:40 PM
Funy Ray!

What's the length on that little dagger?

Look under the photo. Sorry I hid it on you. :D

Eli Gautreaux
10-15-2009, 02:42 PM
Lol, I see it now.

I was afraid it might be another mini... That's a great size :)

Raymond Richard
10-15-2009, 06:03 PM
Lol, I see it now.

I was afraid it might be another mini... That's a great size :)

Eli, Its a good thing it wasn't a copperhead or it would have bit you. :D

I'm thinking of going smaller if I make anymore like it. Maybe 2" less. This one is pretty nice!

Stuart Willis
10-15-2009, 06:13 PM
What would you expect from bone heads? :D

They kind of remind me of some of the people that hang out on all the knife forums :bud:

The dagger turned out real nice Raymond. You should mess up some more of the spear heads and turn them into daggers. 2thumbs

Raymond Richard
10-15-2009, 06:52 PM
They kind of remind me of some of the people that hang out on all the knife forums :bud:

The dagger turned out real nice Raymond. You should mess up some more of the spear heads and turn them into daggers. 2thumbs

Stuart, I don't have to try to mess things up. :D Luckily I have a knack for fixing screw ups. 2thumbs