PDA

View Full Version : set64rs controller problems (EEEE display)

Dan Seaver
01-16-2011, 05:20 PM
Hey guys.

I finally got my heat treat oven ready but when I went to fire it up I ended up with a display that says EEEE.

The instructions can be found here: http://www.temperaturecontrolwiki.com/classifieds/pictures/99375481-XMT63-aka-Set64rs--Temperature-Controller-Ramp-Soak-64-Profile-Segments-Arizona-Phoenix_4.pdf

I have it programed for a type K thermocouple so that isn't the issue.

I think its problem B) "Input signal value is beyond the high or low limit. " Does anybody know what the input signal value should be and how to adjust it?

Thanks!
-Dan

Indian George
01-17-2011, 06:41 AM
I hope someone can help you, because I have the same problem.

Dan Seaver
01-17-2011, 06:59 AM
IG, it would be nice if there were clear instructions. I already tried a new thermocouple (and switching polarity) which is the most common cause other than wrong programing (which is right).

This leaves me with either too high or low input value; or a defective unit. I don't think its defective though. I already tried setting the input to -999 - 9999 but with no success.

Indian George
01-17-2011, 10:09 AM
IG, it would be nice if there were clear instructions. I already tried a new thermocouple (and switching polarity) which is the most common cause other than wrong programing (which is right).

This leaves me with either too high or low input value; or a defective unit. I don't think its defective though. I already tried setting the input to -999 - 9999 but with no success.
On the lead coming from the K coupling, do you have the yellow wire going to the positive on the terminal?????

Roger
01-17-2011, 04:10 PM
I was looking for info on a PID I bought on line. In one of the online forums for it there was some information on an 'EEEE' error and how to correct it. It's long but here is the link http://www.lightobject.info/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=320 Hope it is of some help to you guys.

Dan Seaver
01-17-2011, 05:51 PM
On the lead coming from the K coupling, do you have the yellow wire going to the positive on the terminal?????

It has blue and red wires... I tried both ways.

Roger thanks for the link, I'll try that either tonight or tomorrow.

Roger
01-18-2011, 01:39 PM
I spent some time with the one I have last night and it started out reading the EEEE like yours did. After I got through putting in the parameters I wanted the E's went away and it read the proper temperature and when it reached my setting the control and alarm relays worked.

I just got through looking at the instructions for yours and they look very similar only yours gives you more choices. The only selections I was able to make is in the 0089 & 0001 addresses but that was all it took. I think if you enter all your parameters it should work ok. Between just pushing buttons to see what happens and looking at the directions you should be fine, that's what I did. :)

One other thing, my TC wires are red and yellow, the yellow went to +, I had it the other way and temperature ran negative.

Dan Seaver
01-19-2011, 05:04 PM
Well fellas I figured out the problem, turns out the screen will read "EEEE" if the ambient temperature sensor reads below 40F. So I just gotta run my electric heater next to the kiln for the winter time.